Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Retired

The loss of two friends from the first season of THESE FRIENDS OF MINE when it became ELLEN in the second season.

In the 90s cartoon 'The Animals of Farthing Wood', one of the foxes named Friendly who was a mainstay in season 2, only appeared in episode 3 of season 3, never to return for the remainder of the show. Likewise, Kestrel was entirely absent from the 3rd season.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Spectacular Member

A bit more obscure but in Space: 1999 Victor Bergman (the Dr. McCoy analog and a big enough star to get top billing in the first season) and Paul Marrow (essentially the Sulu analog) disappeared in the 2nd season. In novelizations of the episodes it was suggested that both died, but in the T.V series its like they never existed.

I like the idea of season one of Happy Days being in a alternate universe where Chuck Cunningham existed, Fonzie wore white T-shirts and grey jackets and Chachi never existed

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackTerror View Post
    I like the idea of season one of Happy Days being in a alternate universe where Chuck Cunningham existed, Fonzie wore white T-shirts and grey jackets and Chachi never existed
    The terminology wasn't around at the time, but they definitely rebooted the show - especially with filming it in front of an audience.

Incredible Member

Dr. McNamara and Julia's third child on Nip/Tuck. His birth was a big deal during the show, there were major storyline about it, even a flash forward ep showing him as an adult. Then just...gone.
    Last edited by Jared; 10-04-2021 at 05:06 PM.

Not quite the same thing, but it seems clear from the early episodes that "Transformers" originally was considering Hound (The military jeep) to be the star 'sidekick' robot and main liason with the human characters, but eventually Bumblebee kind of stole the spotlight.

Ditto with Ratchet in the comics.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Cat Grant in Lois & Clark, I don't remember if they ever gave us a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    The old show Family Matters had the Winslow's having three kids at the start, a son and two daughters, as the show went on they got rid of the younger daughter and didn't mention her again...
    The fact that you prefaced Family Matters with “The old show…” cracks me up. Threads like these are usually about nothing but old shows!
    Last edited by Largo161; 10-02-2021 at 02:45 PM.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Cat Grant in Lois & Clark, I don't remember if they ever gave us a reason.
    I believe the hearsay was “too sexy” for the more tame goals fo the producers. That episode where Morgan Fairchild sprays them all with pheromones and they all get superhorny, Cat’s the only one confirmed to do the deed… but it turns out she was the only major cast member *not* sprayed with the pheromones… and we’d blatantly seen her intentionally damage the copier after the repairman/her trophy of the episode fixed it, so he’d have to “fix it again.”
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Carrie's sister from King Of Queens appeared in the first couple of episodes and that was the end of it.

The 80's Jetsons cartoon introduced their new alien pet Orbity in which he was in half of the series and then suddenly disappeared in the second half.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    The fact that you prefaced Family Matters with “The old show…” cracks me up. Threads like these are usually about nothing but old shows!
    I still remember Friday's as TGIF with several shows, a Patrick Duffy and Susanne Summers tv show and Perfect Strangers and such...yeah I'm old...

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Topanga had an older sister in S1 of Boy Meets World.
    And then she didn’t.
    And Eric's high school friend vanished without a word too. And a lot of one offs in that show too. With a few lucky to make it to 2 episodes. Though Minkus and even Mr. Turner popped up either at the end, or in Girl Meets World.

Extraordinary Member

From The Andy Griffith Show: Ellie Walker (season 1) and Warren Ferguson (season 6). Both gone with no explanation. Although I'm pretty sure no one cared what happened to Ferguson. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    From The Andy Griffith Show: Ellie Walker (season 1) and Warren Ferguson (season 6). Both gone with no explanation. Although I'm pretty sure no one cared what happened to Ferguson. LOL
    Ellie Walker was going to be my example too. Then again, when Barney Fife left and Warren was there it took most of the season before they even explained why Barney was gone.

With Ellie Walker, when watching the show through again, I almost mentally discounted any episode that revolved around Andy and somebody else.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackTerror View Post
    It's been decades since I've seen it, but I remember the first season being a gentle coming of age comedy. Then it was somewhat replaced by a live action cartoon with moral bits added. A good live action cartoon to begin with, but far less real, and ever less real as the years progressed. I'd be afraid to watch it again, I fear it may not have aged well.