Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gwen Stacy ps5

Extraordinary Member

Default Gwen Stacy ps5

So Gwen isn't dead in Insomniac verse?I really hope she's either Peter's ex or his age and not a love interest for Miles.Miles's needs his own things, and I really liked Hailey.

Spider-verse versions are very diff. people and they took Gwen from Peter's backstory which sucks.Atleast let Insomniac Peter keep Gwen in his story, Gwen fans loosing all the fights.This is like Barry and Linda in CW, get your own stuff and stop stealing from other characters.

Side note:But do we think Hailey's going to be in this one, because that would be cool.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 10-02-2021 at 07:56 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    So Gwen isn't dead in Insomniac verse?I really hope she's either Peter's ex or his age and not a love interest for Miles.Miles's needs his own things, and I really liked Hailey.
    You are aware that Hailey Stanfield was Spider-Gwen in ITSV and had a romantic tease with Miles, right?

Spider-verse versions are very diff. people and they took Gwen from Peter's backstory which sucks.Atleast let Insomniac Peter keep Gwen in his story, Gwen fans loosing all the fights.
    They did the Gwen Stacy death in TASM-2 and that was the least successful live-action Spider-Man film.

They did a version of Gwen Stacy in ITSV as someone who was never a love interest to Peter Parker or affiliated with him and that was a big success and won an Oscar.

You must accept there's a reason why Gwen is increasingly tied to Miles and away from Peter. Being a love interest to Peter never helped her or did her (or him) any favors.

Side note:But do we think Hailey's going to be in this one, because that would be cool.
    It depends if they will be able to meet her salary. Now that she's having live-action success and debuting as Kate Bishop, her agent would definitely jack up her price.

And AAA video games as a rule avoid casting big name VO to keep budgets low.

Am I missing something? Was something about Gwen announced for the second game?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    You are aware that Hailey Stanfield was Spider-Gwen in ITSV and had a romantic tease with Miles, right?

They did the Gwen Stacy death in TASM-2 and that was the least successful live-action Spider-Man film.

They did a version of Gwen Stacy in ITSV as someone who was never a love interest to Peter Parker or affiliated with him and that was a big success and won an Oscar.

You must accept there's a reason why Gwen is increasingly tied to Miles and away from Peter. Being a love interest to Peter never helped her or did her (or him) any favors.

It depends if they will be able to meet her salary. Now that she's having live-action success and debuting as Kate Bishop, her agent would definitely jack up her price.

And AAA video games as a rule avoid casting big name VO to keep budgets low.
    If you read the whole post I'm sure you'll figure it out...

Bruh Peter Gwen romance is considered the best romance of all Spider-man movies.If you think people didn't like Peter Gwen you have no Idea what you're talking about.

And TASM 2 made almost double the money than ITSV if you want to talk success LMFAO

I meant Hailey from Miles's ps5 game, not the actress.She's an MCU star, not to mention ITSV.That's highly unlikely.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They tweeted "who said Gwen is dead in our universe"

BANNED

I kinda assumed that the developers said Gwen would be in the second game based on the OP. But I guess I should have asked for a source.

And TASM 2 made almost double the money than ITSV if you want to talk success
    No it didn't. As a rule, the success and profitability of any mainstream Hollywood movie is shaped by domestic box-office gross. Because domestic US Box offices aren't subject to taxes, duties, tariffs and so on unlike international markets (who generally like to keep a percentage of any Hollywood movie playing in local theaters).

TASM 2 had a budget of $200mn and a marketing cost double that.

It's domestic gross: $202mn
    International gross: $500mn

As a rule, any Hollywood movie whose domestic gross is so much below its international gross is a commercial failure. International gross and Worldwide grosses might cook the books and just about break even but these superhero movies are made to generate money not to be plucky little-films-that-could. So TASM-2 was definitely a commercial failure and the least successful and least profitable of all Spider-Man movies.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/release/rl846431745/

Into the Spider-Verse had a budget of $90mn (not including marketing but the marketing of ITSV was cheaper than TASM-2 anyway)
    Domestic Gross: $190mn
    International Gross: $185mn

So on the whole ITSV was far more profitable and generated more real income for Sony than TASM-2 did.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I kinda assumed that the developers said Gwen would be in the second game based on the OP. But I guess I should have asked for a source.

No it didn't. As a rule, the success and profitability of any mainstream Hollywood movie is shaped by domestic box-office gross. Because domestic US Box offices aren't subject to taxes, duties, tariffs and so on unlike international markets (who generally like to keep a percentage of any Hollywood movie playing in local theaters).

TASM 2 had a budget of $200mn and a marketing cost double that.

It's domestic gross: $202mn
    International gross: $500mn

As a rule, any Hollywood movie whose domestic gross is so much below its international gross is a commercial failure. International gross and Worldwide grosses might cook the books and just about break even but these superhero movies are made to generate money not to be plucky little-films-that-could. So TASM-2 was definitely a commercial failure and the least successful and least profitable of all Spider-Man movies.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/release/rl846431745/

Into the Spider-Verse had a budget of $90mn (not including marketing but the marketing of ITSV was cheaper than TASM-2 anyway)
    Domestic Gross: $190mn
    International Gross: $185mn

So on the whole ITSV was far more profitable and generated more real income for Sony than TASM-2 did.
    A percentage, you're acting like that means they don't count......

Also would you mind providing a source on your "rule"

I'm aware that they take some money, but it should still count right?Also I'm comparing money made in terms of tickets, not profit to the studio.I don't care who the money goes too, as long as the movie made money.I'm not the studio, I'm comparing 2 films on how much they made, I don't care who gets what share of it.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 10-02-2021 at 08:40 AM.

They tweeted "who said Gwen is dead in our universe"
    Well, yeah, if she was you'd think it have come up in the first game .

Incredible Member

Bruh Peter Gwen romance is considered the best romance of all Spider-man movies.If you think people didn't like Peter Gwen you have no Idea what you're talking about.
    Can you provide proof that the Gwen/Peter relationship from the Amazing Spider-Man movies was “successful”? I ask because I’ve heard nothing but bad things about those movies and the only thing I ever heard was that Andrew and Emma worked well together but that was because they were in a real life relationship at the time. But successful? To this day, the more iconic scene has been Peter kissing MJ underside in the rain. I’ve yet to hear anything iconic about TASM. You build these narratives in your mind and expect us all to adhere to it in ever single thread.

Extraordinary Member

It's been making it's rounds on the net so I posted.
    I'm just tired of them taking out this important part of Peter's history from games.....

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Can you provide proof that the Gwen/Peter relationship from the Amazing Spider-Man movies was “successful”? I ask because I’ve heard nothing but bad things about those movies and the only thing I ever heard was that Andrew and Emma worked well together but that was because they were in a real life relationship at the time. But successful? To this day, the more iconic scene has been Peter kissing MJ underside in the rain. I’ve yet to hear anything iconic about TASM. You build these narratives in your mind and expect us all to adhere to it in ever single thread.
    What kind of proof would you like?

You:-"proof that the Gwen/Peter relationship from the Amazing Spider-Man movies was “successful”?"

Also you in the next sentence:-"only thing I ever heard was that Andrew and Emma worked well together"

I think you answered you own question, and why does it matter if they were good because they were dating.They were good on screen.This is like saying John Wick's character was good because the Keanu was committed to his role and a good actor.

I'm not building any narrative, the movies were okay.The visuals and the romance were outstanding, and I hoping you don't need me to "prove" that TASM franchise swinging scenes are considered the best.

Also can you list all the "narratives" I've built ?
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 10-02-2021 at 09:14 AM.

BANNED

Norman wasn't Green Goblin in the first game and I doubt Gwen getting killed by the Bodega Bandit was something they were aiming for.

So the assumption was simply that Gwen wasn't introduced or somewhat unknown.

Spider-verse versions are very diff. people and they took Gwen from Peter's backstory which sucks.Atleast let Insomniac Peter keep Gwen in his story, Gwen fans loosing all the fights.This is like Barry and Linda in CW, get your own stuff and stop stealing from other characters.

Gwen is probably alive since Norman hasn't gone Green Goblin yet (assuming he will in this continuity), she wasn't referenced in either game so she'll probably show up. If she does I assume she would be the 3rd playable character who gained powers through the symbiote. It would give her a different style of play compared to Miles and Peter. Not sure how Miles dating Gwen is stealing from Parker though considering the Stacy Peter dated in college is similar in name only to Gwen-65.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    Gwen is probably alive since Norman hasn't gone Green Goblin yet (assuming he will in this continuity), she wasn't referenced in either game so she'll probably show up. If she does I assume she would be the 3rd playable character who gained powers through the symbiote. It would give her a different style of play compared to Miles and Peter. Not sure how Miles dating Gwen is stealing from Parker though considering the Stacy Peter dated in college is similar in name only to Gwen-65.
    Yeah, just introduce her as an ex or someone he knew of his age.Please no other super-powers.....

Because Gwen is Peter's love interest/ supporting character.Same way Linda is Wally's.Using them w/ Miles and Barry makes no sense, we have other characters you can use.Hailey was introduced in Miles's game, maybe go that way.Or the Vulture's grandkid if they want a superhero.Just ruins the side characters for no reason.
    This isn't Earth 65 and Earth 616 and maybe Earth 1610 should be the baselines for the characters, Earth 65 Gwen isn't really Gwen so use another character in the game.Linda and Gwen have fans that want to see accurate representations and relationships/friendships of them, if Gwen from 65 isn't like Gwen then she should not be used as a baseline for the games.

The tweet about Gwen is from 2018 over 3 years ago
    https://mobile.twitter.com/insomniac...26915384324096
    . If they wanted to use her they would have. Also what would be the point of using her since Peter has MJ? They did Black Cat good I give them that. But Gwen would probably be used like Spiderman 3 Gwen. Just someone to make insomniac MJ jealous. Then again I am not a fan of Insomniac MJ so I wouldn't complain that. Now I can totally see them doing a Ghost Gwen plotline. If they really want to add a 4th spider person but that would be too much. Just add her in the next Miles game make her his partner or something.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy