Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Luke having the same love interest as Han would be odd
    Sure would! Can you imagine how awkward family reunions would be? I almost wish it had played out that way, just for the comedy.

And just so we're all clear, I'm joking about this. Mostly. There *are* similarities between Qi'ra and Mara Jade, at least on the surface.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Luke could have just trained Rey with the same amount of physicality (i.e., none) as Yoda, and it would have been fine.
    Some of the most powerful and dangerous Force users in the lore didn't swing lightsabers or jump across chasms. And some of those guys are considered among the best teachers in the lore.

Finn ends up a weird casualty of Luke not getting laid, basically.
    That....is a weird way of putting it, but you're not wrong. Having given it some thought, I think it'd have been damn near impossible to take the sequel characters as they were presented and still provide a quality send-off for the core cast.

As for Rey and whether she'd have been accepted if she had been a Skywalker....hard to tell. There's a small contingent of fans who would've hated her no matter what; either because they're sexist bastards or because it would've meant Luke or Leia abandoned their child. But I think the majority of fans were expecting Rey to be a Skywalker, and expecting a redux of the old Luke-Leia dynamic, and while some may have been disappointed at the predictability of that, I think most people would've mostly accepted it as a tried-and-true franchise paradigm. I feel like most of us were expecting this, and it didn't seem to curb enthusiasm.
    Last edited by Ascended; 10-13-2021 at 01:05 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.