Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Your Inferno 3 man squad?

So we saw X-men repeatedly sent Wolverine, Domino and Quentin to the base, and I saw someone ask on Instagram if you could send any 3 mutants on this mission who would they be.So who would you send?

No extra gear, this squad is the same number as the one we see die by Nimrod so they already sent multiple Wolverines, Dominos, Quentins,etc. along w. the other hired help.

Explain why you choose them if you can, also remember their morals and values are in tact

Extraordinary Member

For e.x. mine would be

1)Magneto:-Omega level, great tactician, a lot of experience.Great attack and defense.Moreover it's a big possibility that they weaponized the corpses of the mutants we sent or atleast have them on the station.His helmet means TP will be useless, and he can use adamantium from Wolverine corpses to his advantage.

2)Magik:-Versatility, she has her sword that can mess Vision up while phasing, Limbo means she can drop Nimrods there, not to mention she can use portals to provide new angles and multiple Mags attack(Like w/ cyclops when Brood attacked Krakoa).She also has Magic which is another thing that will come in handy(specially if they have dampners, which they really should.Russians have dampners but they can't get it.....), not to mention all the demons she can bring from limbo.

3)A lot of options here.I want to go Proteus but I'll say manifold.Way too useful at this scale.

I don't want to use anyone based heavily on h2h combat and Telepathy since I know they failed.

Send Forget-me-not. Just have him in there sabotaging systems, leaving pro-mutant leaflets in break areas, etc.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Send Forget-me-not. Just have him in there sabotaging systems, leaving pro-mutant leaflets in break areas, etc.
    Send who now, I've never heard of whoever this is?

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

What is the goal of the mission ?
    The destruction of the base, or of Nimrod itself ?

I don't know about destroying Nimrod, but if the goal is to destroy the base, I have a non-conventional idea.

1)Armor
    2)Pixie
    3)Cortez

Pixie uses her magical teleportation abilities to get the team into the middle of the base.
    Cortez gives Hisako a massive power boost.
    Hisako manifests a psionic armor the size of a skyscraper INSIDE the base - and starts to just run around a bit. The station should be gone in 30 seconds at best.

Whatever doesn't get directly smashed by Armor, would get destroyed by the displaced material that a skyscraper sized entity manifesting itself inside of a space station would result in.
    Last edited by bladeofdarkness; 10-03-2021 at 04:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Yes the trio of Cipher, Cypher with techorganic virus and Forgetmenot

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    What is the goal of the mission ?
    The destruction of the base, or of Nimrod itself ?

I don't know about destroying Nimrod, but if the goal is to destroy the base, I have a non-conventional idea.

1)Armor
    2)Pixie
    3)Cortez

Pixie uses her magical teleportation abilities to get the team into the middle of the base.
    Cortez gives Hisako a massive power boost.
    Hisako manifests a psionic armor the size of a skyscraper INSIDE the base - and starts to just run around a bit. The station should be gone in 30 seconds at best.

Whatever doesn't get directly smashed by Armor, would get destroyed by the displaced material that a skyscraper sized entity manifesting itself inside of a space station would result in.
    Same as X-force's mission.Did they mention in Inferno?

Great idea btw, but isn't Hisako vulnerable to sonics?

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Same as X-force's mission.Did they mention in Inferno?

Great idea btw, but isn't Hisako vulnerable to sonics?
    Probably (it isn't outright established, but she's vulnerable to lasers because the armor lets in light - logically sound should work the same way).
    But if this plan goes off correctly - it's going to inflict an immense amount of structural damage to the base in a few seconds.
    It's supposed to be a space station after all, so it can't really endure too much structural damage before being destroyed - and it took Nimrod 7 whole minutes to respond to and eliminate the X-force team.
    Last edited by bladeofdarkness; 10-03-2021 at 04:32 AM.

I would send storm/manifold/Exodus. Nuff said orichis over.

We taking out the life support, we teleporting the sun into the center of the ship and then Exodus wrapping it up with the tk black hole around the sun to pull every piece of sharpnel into it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    Probably (it isn't outright established, but she's vulnerable to lasers because the armor lets in light - logically sound should work the same way).
    But if this plan goes off correctly - it's going to inflict an immense amount of structural damage to the base in a few seconds.
    It's supposed to be a space station after all, so it can't really endure too much structural damage before being destroyed - and it took Nimrod 7 whole minutes to respond to and eliminate the X-force team.
    Agreed, also it took them 7 minutes after all the rounds of adapting so it must have been much more.
    Tbh Nimrods are super unimpressive so far

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I would send storm/manifold/Exodus. Nuff said orichis over.

We taking out the life support, we teleporting the sun into the center of the ship and then Exodus wrapping it up with the tk black hole around the sun to pull every piece of sharpnel into it.
    Damn, wouldn't even need to get inside.Nice strat
    You don't even need to take out the Life support, the nimrods aren't reliant to it anyway and humans aren't doing anything.Maybe use Fabian instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Agreed, also it took them 7 minutes after all the rounds of adapting so it must have been much more.
    Tbh Nimrods are super unimpressive so far

Damn, wouldn't even need to get inside.Nice strat
    You don't even need to take out the Life support, the nimrods aren't reliant to it anyway and humans aren't doing anything.Maybe use Fabian instead?
    The life support is so everyone is running scared and unable to think, especially that smug doctor. Though a mega emp (spae emp)could do the job, i mean it should atleast be able to take out the dyson engines though techincally manifold should just be able to just teleport the engines away so if i were to send another third instead of storm it would be magic so she could just create discs inside to send in hordes of demons from limbo while also teleporting the engines into limbo.

Edit: the reason the engines would go to limbo in magik case instead of the sun is so to add insult to injury later forge could retrieve and study them effectively gaining the upper hand in case they ever went back online anywhere.
    Last edited by jwatson; 10-03-2021 at 05:01 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Hijack, Shadowcat, infectia
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Proteus, Jamie Braddock, and Hope. Hope amping those two up could accomplish pretty much anything and I believe their thoughts would be faster than Nimrod could adjust to.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Team:

Rogue.
    Magik.
    Jamie or Proteus.

Only 3 : Rogue, Magik , Jamie .

So difficult is it to send Magik as a teleporter, two reality alters Jamie, Proteus, and a deux ex machina like Rogue especially that she duplicates the powers of ALL MUTANTS ON THE ISLAND, something she can do very comfortably now that she is back in control. of her powers, and so Nimtod and Orchid would go down in history without casualties, in fact Rogue alone would be self-sufficient to do this.
    Last edited by Sylarmax; 10-03-2021 at 09:26 AM.

Hellion, Kitty and Storm. Hellion comes in wearing those booty shorts. Storm comes in wearing the leotard from the latest SWORD issue. They keep everyone on Orchis distracted for at least 45 minutes, allowing Kitty to phase through walls and break things.

No, I will not take critiques.