Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Sunspot, Hijack and Wither.

It feels like there are so many options if you just throw Fabian Cortez onto a team as long as he's able to stay out of the line of fire. I'll go with send Exodus with to act as defense with his telekinesis and overall power, have Cortez power up Blink, have Blink teleport the base (or just Nimrod, depending on the overall goal) into the sun.

For a more outside-the-box idea that probably isn't feasible but let's have some fun, I'll start with having Gentle smash the base up to lure Nimrod out. While that's going on, Tempo will speed up her own local time to get herself and Network to a usable terminal as quickly as possible. Tempo will go to join Gentle in slowing Nimrod down (literally) and Network will talk the base into destroying itself.

And my "wishful thinking" group is Surge, Laura, and Mercury since they've beaten a Nimrod before. I imagine they'd probably get absolutely wrecked this time since this Nimrod seems far stronger than the one they fought, but I can dream.
    Last edited by Paragon; 10-03-2021 at 08:43 PM. Reason: rephrase

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    This would be really cool.
    Thanks, I wanted to think of a way that takes out the very powerful Nimrod in a believable yet novel way, plus I think if they sacrificed themselves for Krakoa and we use the fact that they died in a temporal collapse zone to explain all versions or back ups of theirs even if they existed on Krakoa just vanished out of existance. The repercussions thereafter would be profound, either we have no protocols going forward or we'd have to replace the 3 with power equivalent Arraki...Many issues later similar to how Synch ,Darwin and Laura were in the vault , we can explain while the X-Men or the other remaining two of the five thought the 3 died, we can have it revealed they were sucked into a Dominion singularity. Remember we are told in this universe Black holes are basically nuclei/nodes of Dominions. So yeah in the future the 3 could come back as some cosmic beings probably a threat or once again as mutant guardians against Galactus or Phoenix or the Phalanx
    Last edited by Rev9; 10-03-2021 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Hummmm no not Really.

No, it is not, she is Omega in the manipulation of power amplification, which is her other ability, that is, what Fabián Cortez has always done.

She is not good at power mimicry, and she is not at all limitless un this power... I speak with canon in hand, the only two times she did a massive power mimicry was a failure, she couldn't carry the load and ended up passed out for many hours, that is not being good or unlimited in power mimicry, rather the opposite has serious limitations in this regard.
    and that shewas powered by a fragment of the phoenix ...
    You're correct about her not being omega in mimicry, I misremembered that. Still on the list in question she is going to be boosting Legion and Madrox, Legion alone could probably take out the Orchis base with out Hope, with Hope and an endless supply of dupes from Jamie, that's a solid team. Nothing taxing on Hope to mimic one or two powers either so she could still do that as well.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    That would be workable if Hope was good to in
    the massive imitation of powers, which it is not.
    I think here Hope doesn't need to mimic, just have her synchronize and amp up Legions personalities exiting and jumping into Multiple man's clones.It would be like some Genoshan resurrection on steroids or similar to Necrosha's techno viral revival of hundreds of mutants in seconds.Nimrod would have no time to react to that many new mutants.

Another good 3 man team is you have Lordes Chantel telport in NorthStar and Aurora, they can't be tracked by tech, can move at the speed of light to wreck things and then finish it off with a twin combo.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Another good 3 man team is you have Lordes Chantel telport in NorthStar and Aurora, they can't be tracked by tech, can move at the speed of light to wreck things and then finish it off with a twin combo.
    Reminds me how they almost wrecked the X-Men in Supernovas(when sent by Sarefina).Don't know if Nimrod wont adapt to them but worth a shot .Instead of Chantel ,I'd use Laura Dean aka Pathway.A pretty powerful teleporter on a level equal to Magik I think(don't know why Krakoa didn't give her any team..or even mention her) Maybe if the twins failed, she could port him or the whole station into some unknown dimension he/it wouldn't come out of.
    Last edited by Rev9; 10-04-2021 at 02:55 AM.

Astonishing Member

Come to think of it sometimes X-Men need to create a negative zone like Reed somewhere on Krakoa where they can keep exceedingly dangerous villains and troublesome beings.I just remembered if say all the Vescora were not destroyed on Otherworld, but Krakoa had like 10 in containment and just port them onto the Orchis station .I'm sure they'd totally 'Event Horizon' that station like they did the SWORD station

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    And my "wishful thinking" group is Surge, Laura, and Mercury since they've beaten a Nimrod before. I imagine they'd probably get absolutely wrecked this time since this Nimrod seems far stronger than the one they fought, but I can dream.
    Instead of taking on Nimrod directly, they should have Mercury get into the station's internal systems and have her wreak havoc with the life support and other vital components. If the Orchis crew has seen Life, that might be enough to have them nope out of there and switch careers.

As for Nimrod, since I assume he'd simply adapt to any mutant threat, I'd go for a team of non-mutant X-Men and allies: Danger, Doop, and Deadpool (the latter is just there for the alliteration and to bring the team up to three, also I think Wade would appreciate being included).

Astonishing Member

Here is one i could think of.

Maggot with an army of Eany and Meany clones (or maybe even modified so they can self replicate and re-absorb each other), Pixie and Blink.

Maggot's slugs seem to "eat" matter at a monecular level (they ate a nano-machine based bomb with no ill effect) and are incredible robust. Magik teleports via magic rather than mutant powers, she is also a half-fairy, so mutant specific power supressors would not affect her ability to extract the team. Blink meanwhile can both teleport incredible distances, but also allow to teleport people away from her proximity via her crystal shards.

So the plan would be to enter Orchis station the same way the X-force teams did, but wearing lightweight advanced space suits. Maggot places his slugs across the station, with the order to eat themself into vital systems via air ducts, cable tubes, etc. and wait until all are in place. In case they got modified to multiple via mitosis, also become more. Then when he gives the signal start to consume vital components or downright eat their way through to space, creating constant hull breaches, until all systems break appart and the station becomes destroyed by the effects of the sun, gravity wells, micro-asteroid bombardment, etc.

In case the team is found out. Have Pixie teleport them to safety. If her magic is blocked. Reach the next airlock and space themself so Blink's shards can teleport them back to earth in case they need to get out of the proximity of a power damper.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    Instead of taking on Nimrod directly, they should have Mercury get into the station's internal systems and have her wreak havoc with the life support and other vital components. If the Orchis crew has seen Life, that might be enough to have them nope out of there and switch careers.

As for Nimrod, since I assume he'd simply adapt to any mutant threat, I'd go for a team of non-mutant X-Men and allies: Danger, Doop, and Deadpool (the latter is just there for the alliteration and to bring the team up to three, also I think Wade would appreciate being included).
    Three-pronged plan of attack: Laura overtly attacks anything moving to draw attention. Mercury goes through the station's systems to cause further chaos from the shadows. Surge just stands somewhere, with her gauntlets off, and starts absorbing electricity until she explodes and destroys everything.

Your 3D squad has a lot of potential. I think the one requirement in sending Wade is that they can't tell him what they're sending him to do. It needs to be a surprise.

None of this would have happened if Scott had the balls to reform his hit squad again they never failed a mission.

Apocalypse for his power set and intellect. Cable for his knowledge of the future. He probably knows how to take Nimrod down. He’s taken out different versions before with the TO virus. Rogue just so she can smash things and use Apoc’s and Cable’s powers and abilities.

Tarn
    Multiple Man
    Kid Gladiator

Tarn can use his Biological Manipulation on the dupes.
    Kid Gladiator can punch stuff and if he goes down then the Shi'ar will get directly involved in taking down the Orchis station and they'll have to deal with Gladiator and the Super Guardians.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    None of this would have happened if Scott had the balls to reform his hit squad again they never failed a mission.
    I remember them failing to save Boom Boom(shot dead by the Leper Queen ) specifically because Cyke deemed Hope more important and sent them into the future before they could save her I guess it was only undone because on their return they came back seconds earlier before leaving(convenient time travel glitch..)