Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Default Your Wonder Wishlist for 2022

Give me a list of 5-10 things you’d like to see, and why, for Wonder Woman in 2022. It can be in any media you’d like, so let’s get creative.

1. I want a Wonder Woman cartoon, that will introduce and explore the WW mythos. First season I’d like them to introduce the main Amazons, Steve, Etta, and Donna. I’d like Donna to remain as Troia, but give flashes to her past as Wonder Girl.

2. I want a second WW ongoing title, with a set creative team, that works with Cloonan/Conrad so they don’t contradict one another. My dream team would be Andrea Shea and Ema Lupacchino. Just make Sensational an ongoing instead of an anthology book.

3. Give Wonder Woman an actual event (not written by Snyder), that crosses over with other characters. Have it involve her established rogues, or have the regular creators come up with a new threat and build up to it in the regular title.

4. Make Donna, Cassie, Nubia, Artemis, and the rest of the Amazons a bigger part of her world. It’s ridiculous that she rarely gets to interact with her “family”.

5. Give her her own iconic city, and establish her own supporting cast. Give her back her Diana Prince secret identity, and let her develop as a character.

6. Bump up her rogues, and make them characters that other writers want to play around with. Make Dr. Cyber a Brainiac level threat, give Grail her own set of “Dark Amazons”.

7. More animated films for Diana. The sheer number of films for Batman and Superman compared to her 2 is so disrespectful.

So there you have my list, now what’s yours? And have fun!

I second the desire for an animated series. Something that starts with a quick recap of Diana's origin and upbringing in the upening 5 minutes of the 1st ep, then catches up with an active, adult Wonder Woman doing her hero thing and having a blast. That's most important for me. To see Diana portrayed as strong, competant and FUN! Maybe have 2 or 3 two-part eps in the 1st season that deal with big bads like Ares, Circe, Cheerah, etc. Set up either one of the gods or Veronica Cale as an over-arching villain... And, while not COMPLETELY important, I'd sorta like the voice actresses that do Diana, Donna, Hippolyta and the Amazons to have accents. I've just always given Di an accent in my head, so it's fun to see.
    Peace and love to ALL!
    Ray
    **=w=**

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

1. First and foremost, an animated series. Or at least an announcement that one is starting to get developed

2. Books 2 and 3 of Historia to come out on time, and the green light for books 4-6

3. Cloonan and Conrad using Villainy Inc.

- Obligatory mention of an animated show. With the add-on of no Superman, Batman, or related Super/Bat character showing up for at least the three seasons.

- I'm hyped for Historia but I also want a Black Label book where Diana is the center focus.

- A sequel to De Liz's Legend of Wonder Woman and Liam Sharp's The Brave and The Bold.

- Historia issues to come out on time and do well enough for the remaining issues.

- Some Wonder Woman related audio drama like the the previous Loveless one or the current Batman one on HBO Max.

1 I want filming of Wonder Woman 3 to start by December 2022. I just really want a guarantee that we can get that movie. The Amazons spin off seems to be off the table, but it would be nice. Though I wish we could actually see them as world as impressive and advanced as Wakanda and Atlantis.

2 I want Wonder Girl to continue to be a success and start appearing in a team book (not join the team, just feature) by the end of next year. We just need her to really get some longetivity. I also wish they would give us a Yara Flor TV show. "Beyoncé as a superhero" is such a great concept and it could really grow Wonder Woman's world.

3 I WANT THE HOLLIDAY GIRLS BACK! Make it a YA book, or something in the style of Harley Quinn and Deadpool, but we need a group of adventurers inspired by Diana and led by the fury of the bouncy Etta Candy. Lizzo as an adventurer and best friend of Wonder Woman. This is how you get girls to love this character and adults to praise it.

4 Historia has to be a big success. We need to see it nominated for Eisners, on every website, being a best seller in Barnes and Noble, etc. We need the books on time and well promoted. Create a consistent exposure for this brilliant work.

5 Cloonrad to stay on the book and write a Villainy Inc story. Diana's world needs to grow. They already have the character down and are the funnest writers in decades, now we need to see them worldbuild. Make her world as weird and awesome as it should be. And try to tell some good stories along the way, which I'm sure they will.

6 DC should announce a Justice League Dark animated movie inspired by the Tynion story arc about Circe and Hecate.

It would be awesome if we had a WW animated show and a DC wide crossover event, but I doubt that will ever happen. Even my Holliday Girls entry is totally wishful thinking. DC just doesn't see the potential in the group.
    Last edited by Alpha; 10-03-2021 at 01:14 PM.

1. Wonder Woman: The Animated Series. I don't think it's likely, nor do I really trust WB/DC to make it on par with Batman or even Superman, but I would love to see the effort made. HBO Max is the perfect outlet for a 10-13 episode season. If Harley Quinn (and I think Catwoman?) can do it, so can WW.

2. Cheetah one-shot or mini-series. Black Manta currently has one, so why not give Cheetah a shot too? A one-shot or mini-series could be a great opportunity to establish who Cheetah is and why she's out to kill the Olympian Gods.

3. Wonder Woman: Historia being a huge success. Wonder Woman needs it; she still doesn't have a universally-beloved comic story like Batman and Superman do. I think this has a big chance of happening, but I also want confirmation of more chapters beyond #3.

4. Villainy Inc. returns. This will always be on my list until it happens: I want Villainy Inc. to return in a big way, preferably with all eight founding members from the 40's. Luckily, all of the ladies have appeared in Rebirth (except, strangely, Queen Clea), so it shouldn't be hard to band them together, especially with the set-up of Saturna/Eviless a few years ago.

5. A good Giganta story. This isn't a big ask, but please can someone write a good Giganta story in a Wonder Woman comic? Wilson's story was fine, but I'd prefer one that has Giganta as a major threat to Wonder Woman and not a begrudging ally.

6. The Legend of Wonder Woman, Vol. 2 by Renae de Liz. I think if it was going to happen, it would have by now, but one can wish.

7. Queen Sharkeeta returns. I put the name in Conrad's brain on Twitter, so I'm hoping he and Cloonan bring her back at some point, even for just a cameo. I love that fairy-shark-mermaid.

8. Wonder Woman: The Video Game. At least an announcement of one in the works. Hopefully one that's not just a God of War ripoff (and certainly one that's not nearly as bloody and violent).

9. More Wonder Woman '77. I loved that series, especially the issues by Marc Andreyko. I'm not a huge fan of the WW 70's TV show simply because I didn't grow up with it and the writing is... not good, but Lynda Carter is just such an icon. Actually, change this to Wonder Woman '77 Animated Film. That way, we can get Lynda reprising the role (maybe with some of the other actors if they're still around) and incorporate some comics villains in the mix like Dr. Cyber from the Bionic Woman team-up (heck, an adaptation of that would be just fine too).

10. Circe for Wonder Woman 3. I'm not sure if we'll get any announcements of Wonder Woman 3 in 2022, but I hope if we get any news it'll be that Circe is the lead villain of the film. I heard a rumor about it being a versus-style movie (ugh) so I hope that's not true. WB is so utterly clueless with the Wonder Woman property and desperately needs to bring Allan Heinberg back in.

Wonder Woman 3 and wait for it.... I want it to include Steve again. Could just be a small role, that'd be fine. Because to complete the trilogy I think Diana should ascend to Goddesshood and Steve's spirit would be with her. Think it would be a great way to wrap up this incarnation of WW, taking some pre-Crisis vibes. Villian would be Circe, and Steve's soul in the balance would be part of the conflict.

Historia. That's it, just want that book.

New animated film. Series would be good but more realistically it'd be a film.

Main line comics I don't know. Main continuity is just so ridiculously bad right now it's hard for me to get up for anything there, even though Diana is one of the characters suffering the least from the Infinite Frontier crap. But I guess my hope there would just be keeping her lore as disassociated from all that as humanly possible.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-03-2021 at 01:57 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

My list:

1.) More focus on Diana's rogues gallery in her solo title. Sure, we saw Dr. Psycho and Gundra this year but we also had some mythological threats for Diana to face. Now that she's out of the Sphere of the Gods, I think it's long overdue that she faces off against the likes of Dr. Poison, Queen Clea, Giganta, Cheetah, Dr. Cyber, and Osira.

2.) Make Donna, Cassies, Nubia, Yara, Steve, and Etta a regular part of the solo ongoing.

3.) Bring back the Invisible Jet and use it frequently.

4. ) Get Travis Moore back on the title full-time. If he's not available then bring in Phil Jimenez, Nicola Scott, or Terry Dodson.

5.) Start up a Wonder Woman cartoon on HBO Max and flesh out her supporting cast and rogues gallery for a greater audience.

6.) Release The Legend of Wonder Woman Part 2.

7.) Bring back Wonder Woman '77.

8.) Release a wave of Wonder Woman Rebirth action figures with WW, Cheetah, Dr. Poioson, Dr. Cyber, and Steve Trevor.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Pretty happy overall but I want:

A WW video game

A WW cartoon or animated movie

And a BL WW project. If Rucka can’t come up with anything go ask Simone. What I really want is an “ending” story like DKR or ASS, she has plenty of origins but no big ending story that celebrates her mythos.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    1. Wonder Woman: The Animated Series. I don't think it's likely, nor do I really trust WB/DC to make it on par with Batman or even Superman, but I would love to see the effort made. HBO Max is the perfect outlet for a 10-13 episode season. If Harley Quinn (and I think Catwoman?) can do it, so can WW.

2. Cheetah one-shot or mini-series. Black Manta currently has one, so why not give Cheetah a shot too? A one-shot or mini-series could be a great opportunity to establish who Cheetah is and why she's out to kill the Olympian Gods.

3. Wonder Woman: Historia being a huge success. Wonder Woman needs it; she still doesn't have a universally-beloved comic story like Batman and Superman do. I think this has a big chance of happening, but I also want confirmation of more chapters beyond #3.

4. Villainy Inc. returns. This will always be on my list until it happens: I want Villainy Inc. to return in a big way, preferably with all eight founding members from the 40's. Luckily, all of the ladies have appeared in Rebirth (except, strangely, Queen Clea), so it shouldn't be hard to band them together, especially with the set-up of Saturna/Eviless a few years ago.

5. A good Giganta story. This isn't a big ask, but please can someone write a good Giganta story in a Wonder Woman comic? Wilson's story was fine, but I'd prefer one that has Giganta as a major threat to Wonder Woman and not a begrudging ally.

6. The Legend of Wonder Woman, Vol. 2 by Renae de Liz. I think if it was going to happen, it would have by now, but one can wish.

7. Queen Sharkeeta returns. I put the name in Conrad's brain on Twitter, so I'm hoping he and Cloonan bring her back at some point, even for just a cameo. I love that fairy-shark-mermaid.

8. Wonder Woman: The Video Game. At least an announcement of one in the works. Hopefully one that's not just a God of War ripoff (and certainly one that's not nearly as bloody and violent).

9. More Wonder Woman '77. I loved that series, especially the issues by Marc Andreyko. I'm not a huge fan of the WW 70's TV show simply because I didn't grow up with it and the writing is... not good, but Lynda Carter is just such an icon. Actually, change this to Wonder Woman '77 Animated Film. That way, we can get Lynda reprising the role (maybe with some of the other actors if they're still around) and incorporate some comics villains in the mix like Dr. Cyber from the Bionic Woman team-up (heck, an adaptation of that would be just fine too).

10. Circe for Wonder Woman 3. I'm not sure if we'll get any announcements of Wonder Woman 3 in 2022, but I hope if we get any news it'll be that Circe is the lead villain of the film. I heard a rumor about it being a versus-style movie (ugh) so I hope that's not true. WB is so utterly clueless with the Wonder Woman property and desperately needs to bring Allan Heinberg back in.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Pretty happy overall but I want:

A WW video game

A WW cartoon or animated movie

And a BL WW project. If Rucka can’t come up with anything go ask Simone. What I really want is an “ending” story like DKR or ASS, she has plenty of origins but no big ending story that celebrates her mythos.

I thought that’s what Morrison was shooting for with Earth One.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    [/B]

I thought that’s what Morrison was shooting for with Earth One.
    Suppose it was in a way. I liked the EO trilogy but I want something that really tries to incorporate everything in the WonderMythos from the Marston stuff onwards to the present day.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

1. Wonder Woman: The Animated Series. It's long over due.

2 Wonder Family Book: with Diana, Donna, Cassie, Yara, Artemis and Nubia. Make it like one of those web toons they are releasing for the Bat Family.

3. Amazons of Themyscira Book: we are getting one with Historia. But I would also love one for the main continuity which fleshes out individual Amazons and their culture.

Lets see,,,

1. The Wonder Woman cartoon everyone else is calling for. Id love it if it was in the style of say, Batman Brave & the Bold wherin you could just straight up have silver age wildness like time travel and characters popping up with little rhyme or reason. Such a style would make all of Wonder Womans different villains and adventures gel quite well.
    Though failing that id love to see Studio Trigger do something with Wonder Woman.

2. That Etta Candy: Holliday Hero book! Earlier this year they had that whole 'round robin' thing and one of the story options up for vote was Etta Candy getting her own book wherin she became a superhero. I want to see this actually become a book!

3. An Artemis book that puts a focus on the Bana-Mighdall and spotlights them. I know were getting a backup in Wonder Woman which will eventually be collected into a trade, but id love for it to spinoff into a more regular thing.

4. A live action Amazons show in the vein of Krypton or Gotham wherin the premise is supposed to be a prequel.

5. For that matter, I want to hear that Amazons movie that is supposed to set the stage for Wonder Woman 3 be greenlit.

6. A Wonder Woman webtoon would be wonderful regardless of the specifics. Though id appreciate something that focused on more slice of life type stuff.

7. Duke of Deception returning to the comics. He was an awesome villain back in pre crisis. The embodiment of lies and even ousted the god of war from his throne. Id love to see the current creative team tackle that one.

8. Wonder Girl briefly becoming a temporary bi-weekly. I love the book though gosh darn is it taking a bit to build up. Even if it means switching up the artistic direction some, I just want to see this story build up with a little speed so we can start getting stories with its status quo established.

9. The current creative team on Wonder Woman staying on for the entire year. Teams come and go alot with this book and now that we have good talent, I really don't want to see them just vanish off into the ether because DC wants to cut things short.

10. The upcoming crossover being GOOD! Between the teasing in Future State, the hinting in Wonder Girl, and the way things seem to be shaping it seems obvious that were getting some big Wonder Woman focused event at least tying what Wonder books will exist by that later point. I just want it to be enjoyable

1. An animated series. I mean, come on, DC. It is long overdue.

2. A videogame. I know is typical but come on, DC. Come ooooon

3. That the new event (Trial of the amazons) gets to be epic. I want a cmic full of action and epic, with the same penciller thorugh the entire event, and some cool tie-ins. If not, well, at least I resign with something better than Attack of the amazons

4. More new books! I know this year we've had a lot of stuff, but we allways can have more! A book for Donna, a book for Cass, books for international amazons, Artemis, other earths, Hyppolyte, more stuff from Nubia, that Yara continues wuth her series... posibilities are endless

5. The main series continuing with the current artists. For me, Cloonrad run is a pretty decent run so far, so, I want them to stay for another year, with the same artist on pencils for six consecutive months. Stability on the main series. Is it too much to ask?