Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

You said it all....

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    2. I want a second WW ongoing title, with a set creative team, that works with Cloonan/Conrad so they don’t contradict one another. My dream team would be Andrea Shea and Ema Lupacchino. Just make Sensational an ongoing instead of an anthology book.

3. Give Wonder Woman an actual event (not written by Snyder), that crosses over with other characters. Have it involve her established rogues, or have the regular creators come up with a new threat and build up to it in the regular title.

4. Make Donna, Cassie, Nubia, Artemis, and the rest of the Amazons a bigger part of her world. It’s ridiculous that she rarely gets to interact with her “family”.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    2. Books 2 and 3 of Historia to come out on time, and the green light for books 4-6

3. Cloonan and Conrad using Villainy Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

- I'm hyped for Historia but I also want a Black Label book where Diana is the center focus.

- A sequel to De Liz's Legend of Wonder Woman and Liam Sharp's The Brave and The Bold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post

3. Wonder Woman: Historia being a huge success. Wonder Woman needs it; she still doesn't have a universally-beloved comic story like Batman and Superman do. I think this has a big chance of happening, but I also want confirmation of more chapters beyond #3.

4. Villainy Inc. returns. This will always be on my list until it happens: I want Villainy Inc. to return in a big way, preferably with all eight founding members from the 40's. Luckily, all of the ladies have appeared in Rebirth (except, strangely, Queen Clea), so it shouldn't be hard to band them together, especially with the set-up of Saturna/Eviless a few years ago.

6. The Legend of Wonder Woman, Vol. 2 by Renae de Liz. I think if it was going to happen, it would have by now, but one can wish.

7. Queen Sharkeeta returns. I put the name in Conrad's brain on Twitter, so I'm hoping he and Cloonan bring her back at some point, even for just a cameo. I love that fairy-shark-mermaid.

9. More Wonder Woman '77. I loved that series, especially the issues by Marc Andreyko. I'm not a huge fan of the WW 70's TV show simply because I didn't grow up with it and the writing is... not good, but Lynda Carter is just such an icon. Actually, change this to Wonder Woman '77 Animated Film. That way, we can get Lynda reprising the role (maybe with some of the other actors if they're still around) and incorporate some comics villains in the mix like Dr. Cyber from the Bionic Woman team-up (heck, an adaptation of that would be just fine too).
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post

1.) More focus on Diana's rogues gallery in her solo title. Sure, we saw Dr. Psycho and Gundra this year but we also had some mythological threats for Diana to face. Now that she's out of the Sphere of the Gods, I think it's long overdue that she faces off against the likes of Dr. Poison, Queen Clea, Giganta, Cheetah, Dr. Cyber, and Osira.

2.) Make Donna, Cassies, Nubia, Yara, Steve, and Etta a regular part of the solo ongoing.

3.) Bring back the Invisible Jet and use it frequently.

4. ) Get Travis Moore back on the title full-time. If he's not available then bring in Phil Jimenez, Nicola Scott, or Terry Dodson.

5.) Start up a Wonder Woman cartoon on HBO Max and flesh out her supporting cast and rogues gallery for a greater audience.

6.) Release The Legend of Wonder Woman Part 2.

7.) Bring back Wonder Woman '77.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post

4 Historia has to be a big success. We need to see it nominated for Eisners, on every website, being a best seller in Barnes and Noble, etc. We need the books on time and well promoted. Create a consistent exposure for this brilliant work.

5 Cloonrad to stay on the book and write a Villainy Inc story. Diana's world needs to grow. They already have the character down and are the funnest writers in decades, now we need to see them worldbuild. Make her world as weird and awesome as it should be. And try to tell some good stories along the way, which I'm sure they will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post

3. An Artemis book that puts a focus on the Bana-Mighdall and spotlights them. I know were getting a backup in Wonder Woman which will eventually be collected into a trade, but id love for it to spinoff into a more regular thing.

5. For that matter, I want to hear that Amazons movie that is supposed to set the stage for Wonder Woman 3 be greenlit.

7. Duke of Deception returning to the comics. He was an awesome villain back in pre crisis. The embodiment of lies and even ousted the god of war from his throne. Id love to see the current creative team tackle that one.

9. The current creative team on Wonder Woman staying on for the entire year. Teams come and go alot with this book and now that we have good talent, I really don't want to see them just vanish off into the ether because DC wants to cut things short.

10. The upcoming crossover being GOOD! Between the teasing in Future State, the hinting in Wonder Girl, and the way things seem to be shaping it seems obvious that were getting some big Wonder Woman focused event at least tying what Wonder books will exist by that later point. I just want it to be enjoyable
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post

3. That the new event (Trial of the amazons) gets to be epic. I want a cmic full of action and epic, with the same penciller thorugh the entire event, and some cool tie-ins. If not, well, at least I resign with something better than Attack of the amazons

4. More new books! I know this year we've had a lot of stuff, but we allways can have more! A book for Donna, a book for Cass, books for international amazons, Artemis, other earths, Hyppolyte, more stuff from Nubia, that Yara continues wuth her series... posibilities are endless

5. The main series continuing with the current artists. For me, Cloonrad run is a pretty decent run so far, so, I want them to stay for another year, with the same artist on pencils for six consecutive months. Stability on the main series. Is it too much to ask?
    Last edited by Sebastianne; 10-04-2021 at 09:37 AM.

1. Wonder Woman: The Animated Series.

Make it CGI like the Green Lantern animated series, make it Wonder-focused with only a few non-franchise characters ever showing up (Etrigan, Amethyst, Zatanna, Vixen, Doctor Fate, Phantom Stranger, Spectre would be the main exceptions ... maybe Big Barda too).

And keep Bruce Timm the hell away.

2. Wonder Woman video game.

Make it on par with the God of War series.

Incredible Member

People mentioned a lot of things I want, but I'll still list mine:

1. Wonder Woman Animated Series - It's past time. I would love for it to be on HBO Max with about 20 - 22 episodes a season. I want it set in modern-day with Diana Prince working at the Smithsonian with Barbara and Etta. Steve can be their Argus contact with Priscilla Rich as his boss. I also want Max Lord to be the consistent big bad with regular appearances from her rogues gallery and very little mythology. Ares and Circe should be the only consistent mythological figures for obvious reasons. I also wouldn't mind appearances from other heroes as long as the focus remains on Diana, and I wouldn't mind if it shows led to a Justice League Dark animated series with Diana as the leader.

2. Wonder Girl Live Action series - This can be on CW in the vein of Superman and Lois or it can be an HBO Max series. I want Yara Flor to be the main character and it can be a mixture of Yara's growing rogues - does she have any yet - and Diana's rogues. This can be a place where Cassie, Donna, and Artemis are introduced, but Yara should always remain the focus.

3. Nubia HBO Max movie. I wouldn't mind if it borrows from Future State with Grail as the main villain. I'm assuming Circe will be the villain for Wonder Woman 3, so will likely be embargoed from the Max movie.

4. Amazons Feature Film officially announced - I would love if this movie came out summer of 2023 and 2022 would be the exciting time of speculation over filming, story, characters, etc., and also the time for discussion surrounding set photos, costumes, first looks, etc. I would want it to be a war between Amazons vs. Valkyries with Kathryn Bigelow as the director and it to be a Braveheart like movie.

5. Announcement of Wonder Woman video game - This can be more fantastical and mythological but still a strong semblance of Wonder Woman's rogue gallery. I actually would love if it borrowed from Justice League vs. Suicide Squad with Maxwell Lord searching for Eclipso and kidnapping Barbara Ann to help him discover it. It forms a Villiany Inc. of rogues to distract Wonder Woman and Dr. Poison's Echidna Gas turns people into mythological beasts. There is pandemonium all over the world that only Wonder Woman can stop.

6. A Black label book titled Wonder Woman: Villainy Immortalized - Basically a Villainy Inc book that focuses on the relationship between the rogues. I would choose Dr. Poison and Paula Von Gunther/Warmaster as the leaders. The team would include Giganta, Blue Snowman, Hypnotic Woman, Silver Swan, and The Mask.

7. Max Lord in another major storyline with Wonder Woman to further solidify him as an important Wonder rogue.

8. The announcement of a Themysicra Lego Set

9. The Tria of the Amazons - for this to simply be a well-regarded and successful piece of media that shows that the Wonder Mythos can handle a sweeping event.

10. Gal Gadot - I just love her, and I would love for her to be somewhere promoting Wonder Woman in any capacity. I don't care what.

That is my list.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    1. Wonder Woman: The Animated Series.

Make it CGI like the Green Lantern animated series, make it Wonder-focused with only a few non-franchise characters ever showing up (Etrigan, Amethyst, Zatanna, Vixen, Doctor Fate, Phantom Stranger, Spectre would be the main exceptions ... maybe Big Barda too).
    Not CGI. I want hand drawn animation with some CGI flourishes. Like Legend of Korra and Princess Mononoke.

Structure it like the first season of Superman: TAS where Jor-El was the main character of the first episode. Make Hippolyta the main character of the first episode and her battle with Heracles and the Amazons getting banished. Then Diana takes over in the second episode.

Another thing for the list: DC reediting Gail Simone's omnibus, please. There are 9 numbers totally unedited here in Spain and i wnat to complete my collection

AND an edition of Eric Luke's run, plis

1. Stop over-writing CHEETAH--at best, a narcissist sociopath, who happens to be some kind of British nobility--right? Conceivably, she'd feel power and conquest is her birthright. There's her motivation. The Cheetah-power is just a weapon, and NOT [!!!] her identity. Barbara's the monster and Diana's natural archenemy! Writers over-think her.

2. The cast works for Wonder Woman/Diana. They are: Etta Candy (late teens niece of current Etta), Col. Steve and Siguror (Diana's men-at-arms), Mala (Diana's quartermaster), Ai Ching (Diana's mysticism experts)

3. The Greek gods do NOT EVER get single-handedly owned, by superheroes, like Superman. Wonder Woman is second-in-power only to Superman, and her power-brokers aren't little. Apollo and Zeus are nigh omnipotent, cosmic personifications of light, heat and the sky! Superman should draw back a burnt stump, if he comes close to landing a blow on either of them. They are beyond mortal comprehension and reach. They're gods, and it's high time editors started treating them, that way!
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 10-10-2021 at 07:19 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Wonder Woman is second-in-power only to Superman
    Why would you even wish for that? Wonder Woman should be Supermans equal in terms of power, like it should have always been and was at her creation, even as a major core point of the entire character.

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Why would you even wish for that? Wonder Woman should be Supermans equal in terms of power, like it should have always been and was at her creation, even as a major core point of the entire character.
    Superman was on the scene, first. He should be DC Comics' most powerful superhero. Wonder Woman may be the company's most important superheroine, but wasn't first and isn't entitled to be Superman's equal in power, as I see it.

DC Comics editors have an understanding that no other superhero definitively beats Superman. What I take issue with is writers', most of whom are men, seem to have an understanding that anybody, especially from Superman's family, ..automatically trumps Wonder Woman and EVERY-body, from her background, ..without being checked by the editors. Drives me nuts!

What I'm tired of seeing is writers trashing the Greek gods in their stories, supposedly out of their disrespect for Wonder Woman. Sorry - no way in hell, Superman should be winning any fight, with Apollo, ..who is a cosmic manifestation of the power of light, heat and the Sun. Zeus...of the sky, the storm and the cosmos - even of Darkseid's contemplation of the power of the sky. So long, as there is a sky, there should be a Zeus.

Superheroes and supervillains are not even in their weight class.

If Darkseid ever kills Zeus...no. Darkseid doesn't kill Zeus.

Anyway, ..back to my wish list! Let's not get too far off-topic.

4. Go WEST, Wonder Woman! World War II is over - Wonder Woman doesn't need to live in Washington, DC, anymore. Frankly, I don't see why Diana would want to live in America's urban centers or urban culture, east or west. I want to see writers settle her in an iconic city, preferably fictional, in the American Southwest, in something like Rockwell, New Mexico or somewhere in Arizona, Montana or Wyoming.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 10-10-2021 at 07:53 AM. Reason: clarity
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Superman was on the scene, first. He should be DC Comics' most powerful superhero.
    I guess i will never understand this to me just irrational idea, what has being first to do with power, and does that mean Shazam, Dr. Fate and even superhero depictions of Spectre should be definitively less powerful than Superman?

Wonder Woman may be the company's most important superheroine, but wasn't first and isn't entitled to be Superman's equal in power, as I see it.
    Why? It goes even against the entire core concept of Wonder Woman to be inferior to Superman:

Not even girls want to be girls so long as our feminine archetype lacks force, strength, and power. Not wanting to be girls, they don't want to be tender, submissive, peace-loving as good women are. Women's strong qualities have become despised because of their weakness. The obvious remedy is to create a feminine character with all the strength of Superman plus all the allure of a good and beautiful woman.
    ― William Moulton Marston

And having the most powerful superheroine to be definitively inferior to the most powerful superhero will always look questionable, because it somewhat indicates sexism.

And for me personally, this idea that Superman must be Wonder Woman's superior, is 1 of the bigger reasons why i kind of don't want to read stories where they both appear in anymore and always get a bad feeling if something like Superman appears in Wonder Woman: Evolution as example gets announced.

DC Comics editors have an understanding that no other superhero definitively beats Superman. What I take issue with is writers', most of whom are men, seem to have an understanding that anybody, especially from Superman's family, ..automatically trumps Wonder Woman and EVERY-body, from her background, ..without being checked by the editors. Drives me nuts!
    I also take issue with the idea that Superman definitively beats Wonder Woman, or that she must be inferior to him because he came earlier, because going by the same concept Superman would need to be faster than Flash for having super speed first, and Superman would need to be the number 1 in anything he did first, or why should be anyone else entitled to be his equal let alone superior in anythingi?

What I'm tired of seeing is writers trashing the Greek gods in their stories, supposedly out of their disrespect for Wonder Woman. Sorry - no way in hell, Superman should be winning any fight, with Apollo, ..who is a cosmic manifestation of the power of light, heat and the Sun. Zeus...of the sky, the storm and the cosmos - even of Darkseid's contemplation of the power of the sky. So long, as there is a sky, there should be a Zeus.

Superheroes and supervillains are not even in their weight class.

If Darkseid ever kills Zeus...no. Darkseid doesn't kill Zeus.
    Why is disrespecting the gods worse than disrespecting Wonder Woman directly?
    Last edited by Rightoya; 10-10-2021 at 12:06 PM.

1. The very much needed, Bruce Timm produced Wonder Woman: The Animated Series
    2. Wonder Woman '77 Meets Superman '78 mini series (or regular series?)
    3. Diana's return to Gateway City in her own title.
    4. DC Animated Movie: "Wonder Woman: The Hiketeia"

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Zone View Post
    I would never want to see the man behind one of WW's worst versions involved in her own animated tv series.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Zone View Post
    I imagine there's probably a "Superman '78 Meets Batman '89" down the road but that would also be fun.

Incredible Member

So many awesome ideas in this thread!

For me, I hope that Wonder Woman gets a girlfriend. If “Superman” can have a boyfriend, then it’s well beyond time for Diana to have a girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post

For me, I hope that Wonder Woman gets a girlfriend. If “Superman” can have a boyfriend, then it’s well beyond time for Diana to have a girlfriend.
    Oh yeah I wanna add that to my list. Make the amazons a big part of Pride Month and have Diana's new girlfriend the big mystery to be unveiled that month in 2022.

A final, definitive origin story for Donna Troy. Please.