Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    If someone hates the inhuman race because they generalize and have a prejudice against all of them because of the actions of some, what does that make a person?
    It makes them rasict.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Yet people want a monarchy for Krakoa and yes a caste system. I hope that was a joke. Thats already kind of exclusive to me. How about that z-list left as the lower classes. If they can't make it on looks and powers. Anyway, this has been pointed out with The Inhumans already but they also had to face tough times and even persecution. Though I don't think I have seen anyone raise their champaign glasses more than the X-Men. Now, the whole MU is basically one big uppercrustman influence or are they just influenced by them?
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 10-06-2021 at 07:57 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Englehart Humperdinck View Post
    It makes them rasict.
    I wonder if the op figured this out.

BANNED

OP making hate speech against inhuman is also racist.
    Especially when you don't know jack shit about inhuman.

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    A caste system with a royal family and a slave class, -and- eugenics.

The Inhumans really are a big mess of uncomfortable, aren't they. And yet this is what Marvel has hung its hopes on.

The Inhumans' Slave Class Makes The Heroes Impossible To Root For The Inhumans' royal family, especially Black Bolt and Medusa, just aren't very likable. Is it maybe because they practice eugenics and own slaves
    I agree with Oberon. Marvel is not hanging its hat on the Inhumans.

Years ago, Marvel tried to hang its hat there and it failed, because they aren’t the X-Men Marvel was trying to replace with the Inhumans, for some of the same reasons you give as them being flawed.

They have only ever been interesting anti-heroes and guest stars, except when they go cosmic. They aren’t traditional heroes. They’re a sci-fi fantasy concept.

Ike Perlmutter didn’t understand this and that’s why Marvel’s push to use them as replacements for the X-Men were ridiculous.

Of course, now the X-Men resemble the Inhumans more than ever, oddly, with their autocratic government.

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    OP making hate speech against inhuman is also racist.
    Especially when you don't know jack shit about inhuman.
    Well, except the Inhumans are racist.
    Last edited by Brian B; 10-07-2021 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    This thread is a couple of years late.
    Yes, it is.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Well, except the Inhumans are.
    They aren't. Go back and read the rest of the thread. And if you don't get it, I can't help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Fort Nerd View Post
    I guess I'm gonna have to keep debunking these till I'm old.

1) The Inhumans do not "own slaves". Their ancestors have created a caste of genetically engineered "drone species", WHICH BLACK BOLT HIMSELF HAD ****ING FREED. They were not analogous to any real world group of humans, unless you arguing that some groups of people are less intelligent that others and only good of physical labor.
    Isn’t this what all slave-owning societies like to claim, that the slaves aren’t really, fully human?

BTW, I do blame Ike for a lot of the X-Men/Inhumans fiasco.
    Last edited by Brian B; 10-07-2021 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    I'm sorry, are you trying to put you are a victim of the Inhumans? Please do share that story.
    Anyone who watched the Inhumans TV show was a victim of the Inhumans.

Isn’t this what all slave-owning societies like to claim, that the slaves aren’t really, fully human.

BTW, I do blame Ike for a lot of the X-Men/Inhumans fiasco.

2) If you hate the Inhumans and you're not sure why, you probably actually hate Ike Perlmutter. You know, the Black Panther and Captain Marvel - blocking, Trump-donating asshole who took a giant steaming **** all over Jack Kirby's legacy and ruined his coolest characters for many people.

3) Oh no, the main characters are royalty. Can't relate to them, you know? Guessing that the same people couldn't relate to half the cast in Game of Thrones, LOTR, Thor, Loki and T'Challa.

4) Also, why would you WANT your fictional characters to be "relatable"? Imagine not being able to enjoy a story unless the protagonist is a copy of you. I call it a lack of imagination. Some of the best stories I've known were about a completely unrelatable godlike being and a plant monster.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk
    You miss the point of the whole story. They constantly had stories about the Alphas to teach kids that slaves are bad. The book wasn't promoting the ownership of slaves. This is why you must be upset.

They aren't. Go back and read the rest of the thread. And if you don't get it, I can't help you.
    I’m well aware of the Inhumans. Racist is an accurate way to describe those characters. It’s something they argue over often enough.

I’m well aware of the Inhumans. Racist is an accurate way to describe those characters. It’s something they argue over often enough.
    No. You think the inhumans were trying to promote slavery and say it was good. This isn't true. The inhumans stories were teaching kids that slavery was bad.

BANNED

Well, except the Inhumans are.
    Now that's a true racist talking.
    Calling a whole race of people racist is a racist thing itself.
    You guys do realize people are not defined by their race right?
    I'm not going to use real life example in case people get sensitive,
    but a mutant can still be a racist and that doesn't make all mutants racist.

No. You think the inhumans were trying to promote slavery and say it was good. This isn't true. The inhumans stories were teaching kids that slavery was bad.
    Plenty of stories show them being racist jerks, too. Sometimes the whole Alpha Primitive is treated like, “Oh yeah, those slaves. Well, that’s a sad situation.” Then, they proceed with whatever story is at hand.