Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    Now that's a true racist talking.
    Calling a whole race of people racist is a racist thing itself.
    You guys do realize people are not defined by their race right?
    I'm not going to use real life example in case people get sensitive,
    but a mutant can still be a racist and that doesn't make all mutants racist.
    You don’t know me. I strongly suggest you not call me a racist over discussing FICTIONAL COMICBOOK CHARACTERS.

It is not racist to point out a society is racist, in real life or comics, as the Inhumans clearly are.

Exhibit 1A of the Inhumans being racist jerks from the tyrant on down:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    You don’t know me. I strongly suggest you not call me a racist over discussing FICTIONAL COMICBOOK CHARACTERS.

It is not racist to point out a society is racist, in real life or comics, as the Inhumans clearly are.
    Triggered much? I'm not the one pointing my finger here.
    You guys do realize the Inhumans are not defined by their race right?
    Plus inhuman is actually a race, not a society,
    there are bunch of different inhuman societies.
    It's like saying Mutants are racist, or saying Asgardians are racist, it makes little sense.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Exhibit 1A of the Inhumans being racist jerks from the tyrant on down:

You're going in strong over fictional characters that are used as a tool for storytelling. You can't call them out to be real and claim they are fictional. You can't have it both ways.

We're not talking about real world slaves or races, so don't act like they are the equivalents of real world bigots when inhumans are of many ethnicities in the comics, making your argument moot.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Also, the panel above just shows what happened. Do you just prefer comics or books not to exist if they have monarchies and science fiction drones used as slaves for an imaginary society?

I don't get the point of this thread and trying to claim that these fictional characters that change depending on the writer, are somehow stand-ins for bigotry in the real world. There's better examples of racism in comics.

This is weak since they write the Boltagons as living in an archaic society that is in the process of developing when they make contact with modern humans again. They even abdicated and made a republic! Which is a noble/heroic act in itself. And you only bring up books from the 80's.
    Last edited by Force de Phenix; 10-07-2021 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    Triggered much? I'm not the one pointing my finger here.
    You guys do realize the Inhumans are not defined by their race right?
    Plus inhuman is actually a race, not a society,
    there are bunch of different inhuman societies.
    It's like saying Mutants are racist, or saying Asgardians are racist, it makes little sense.
    Triggered? You’re the triggered one. You can’t even admit your beloved Inhumans are a bunch of racist, autocrat, slavers.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Also, the panel above just shows what happened. Do you just prefer comics or books not to exist if they have monarchies and science fiction drones used as slaves for an imaginary society?

I don't get the point of this thread and trying to claim that these fictional characters that change depending on the writer, are somehow stand-ins for bigotry in the real world. There's better examples of racism in comics.

This is weak since they write the Boltagons as living in an archaic society that is in the process of developing when they make contact with modern humans again. They even abdicated and made a republic! Which is a noble/heroic act in itself. And you only bring up books from the 80's.
    Right, because societies from that were squarely racist 30 years ago in real time, and something less than that in Marvel comics time, are suddenly not going to have race issues anymore. That’s as ridiculous as claiming the Inhumans aren’t racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    You're going in strong over fictional characters that are used as a tool for storytelling. You can't call them out to be real and claim they are fictional. You can't have it both ways.

We're not talking about real world slaves or races, so don't act like they are the equivalents of real world bigots when inhumans are of many ethnicities in the comics, making your argument moot.
    We’re discussing a fictional society of autocrats and slavers. And what story is being told there? It’s okay to have slaves when they’re dumb enough? What great storytelling point or moral is being made by this story? It’s okay to own slaves? Think about it.

Astonishing Member

Isn’t this what all slave-owning societies like to claim, that the slaves aren’t really, fully human?

BTW, I do blame Ike for a lot of the X-Men/Inhumans fiasco.
    1) No Rome didn't do that, they viewed their slaves as not Roman.
    2) Both the Inhumans and Alpha Primitives are literally not humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    1) No Rome didn't do that, they viewed their slaves as not Roman.
    2) Both the Inhumans and Alpha Primitives are literally not humans.
    You’re going to hold Rome’s treatment of its slaves as some sort of ideal state for humanity? Really?!

The Inhumans and Alpha Primitives are as human as anyone. Race is a social construct, not a biological fact.

Astonishing Member

Triggered? You’re the triggered one. You can’t even admit your beloved Inhumans are a bunch of racist, autocrat, slavers.
    You are ignoring the main point, that the actions of some do not speak for all. What about the other Inhuman kingdoms? Even if we are just looking at Attlian, it wasn't an Autocracy. As the Genetics Council had most control, except for their Warriors and Diplomats. We also talked about earlier in this thread that they are villains, and blaming all of the Inhumans for their actions is like blaming all Mutants for the brotherhoods.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post

Even when Ike Perleman was around, he never did pull the trigger and did any wholesale canceling of the X titles. On the other hand, he felt he could get away with it for the Fantastic Four. He's wasn't that stupid as to lose the sales of the X-titles...or maybe some brave staffer pointed that out to him.
    Or Marvel did to Ike what they did when Disney wanted Gwenpool gone (because they did not get her)-keep on using her.

Because if Ike was willing to toss away the Fantastic Four who boasts 4 movies, 2 tv shows and 600+ issues of a title.

Ike was MORE than willing to do that to the X-Men. I would wonder if using that cloud to kill off mutants was agreed upon by him to allow those books to keep going.

Now you would have to wonder Black Panther going 5 years bookless was an acted by him.

It just would not make sense to get rid of Fantastic Four-because they DO have fans and I have seen kids go after them more than other folks in bins and trades.

If this subject can't be discussed maturely, and without repeated accusations of racism or other personal comments, people are going to start getting bounced.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Astonishing Member

You’re going to hold Rome’s treatment of its slaves as some sort of ideal state for humanity? Really?!

The Inhumans and Alpha Primitives are as human as anyone. Race is a social construct, not a biological fact.
    When did I put ideal, I just put Rome didn't see them a less human, just as loosers.

No it is 100% biological in this case, do you even read these comics?

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    You are ignoring the main point, that the actions of some do not speak for all. What about the other Inhuman kingdoms? Even if we are just looking at Attlian, it wasn't an Autocracy. As the Genetics Council had most control, except for their Warriors and Diplomats. We also talked about earlier in this thread that they are villains, and blaming all of the Inhumans for their actions is like blaming all Mutants for the brotherhoods.
    It wasn’t an autocracy because of the “Genetics Council?” Really?! Every tyrant has his or her own council to deal with, but if you want to simply call the Inhumans a state of tyranny instead of recognizing the political power concentrated in Black Bolt, that’s fine.