Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I remember reading this in a history of the Marvel Universe book. Wasnt the lack of books they could put out because of the fact they had to use the same distributer as DC for a bit. And the only way they could get the contract was to cap the number of books they could put out. Inhumans solo, Black panther solo were two of the books that got the axe. There were a couple more books also that got the axe. Cant remember off the top of my head who they were. I think it may have been a Namor solo and that is why he was put into Tales To Astonish with the Hulk for a bit.
    Wasn’t it 12 books total? They scrunched two tales into one. Thor got lucky. He only had to share with Tales of Asgard. Hank Pym got the shaft retrospectively again! Maybe Hank should apply for inhumanship.

What's funny is I haven't heard/seen **** about the Inhumans in months & frankly I thought they were all dead so the fact that this is the 1st thread I come across about them in all this time is hysterical! Lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Wasn’t it 12 books total? They scrunched two tales into one. Thor got lucky. He only had to share with Tales of Asgard. Hank Pym got the shaft retrospectively again! Maybe Hank should apply for inhumanship.
    Yep 12 books total if I remember right. That is why so many planned solo titles got the axe. In the long run I think that Black Panther may have come out the better for it. Rather then have him come out with a solo book that may have made some people upset that a black hero was head lining a title (Which I dont think would have went over great at the time) he was able to guest star in a couple books, like doing a cameo in another issue of Fantastic Four then he was a guest in the two part Tales of Suspense issues with Captain America then he moved to become a member of the Avengers. So it had Marvel able to give Black Panther some back round exposure then put him on The Avengers and helped people get used to and enjoy the idea of a black hero in the spotlight.
    Last edited by babyblob; 10-04-2021 at 03:21 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    What's funny is I haven't heard/seen **** about the Inhumans in months & frankly I thought they were all dead so the fact that this is the 1st thread I come across about them in all this time is hysterical! Lmao
    There's an online vendetta that has been going on since online websites and influencers began gaslighting X-Men fans and this is the result... People making accusations five years after they canceled inhuman titled books. Ms. Marvel lasted longer and is still making appearances.

They aren't all dead. They killed off some in other galaxies/the ones Johnathan Hickman invented (not the new inhumans), but they never went to Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    There's an online vendetta that has been going on since online websites and influencers began gaslighting X-Men fans and this is the result... People making accusations five years after they canceled inhuman titled books. Ms. Marvel lasted longer and is still making appearances.

They aren't all dead. They killed off some in other galaxies/the ones Johnathan Hickman invented (not the new inhumans), but they never went to Earth.
    "Gaslightning"... That is funny. Well, the mutual hostilities are result of a situation than Marvel itself encouraged. Ironically, I would say that now, the differences between Inhumans and mutants are thinnerthan ever.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Mighty Member

This thread is a treat.

Can't wait for the "X-men are problematic" thread in fine years

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    "Gaslightning"... That is funny. Well, the mutual hostilities are result of a situation than Marvel itself encouraged. Ironically, I would say that now, the differences between Inhumans and mutants are thinnerthan ever.
    There isn't mutual hostility. The hostility comes from one side only. And it's not a "versus" thing because I think inhumans fans are X-Men fans too. People write whole articles about how much they hate inhumans, which is an outcome of the gaslighting of "the great replacement" they bought into.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    There isn't mutual hostility. The hostility comes from one side only. And it's not a "versus" thing because I think inhumans fans are X-Men fans too. People write whole articles about how much they hate inhumans, which is an outcome of the gaslighting of "the great replacement" they bought into.
    Personally i think the real reason it became as big a deal as it is is because Marvel instead of addressing the issue of what happen with the cloud head on decided to let it drag on and then people got in their mind the only way to make it right was to make the inhumans suffer which in actuality the best way to address it would have simply been showing the inhumans making good for the mistake. It wasn't that hard, no one was expecting blood imo but i don't know that's why i put it squarely on the team. I don't get the idea that people seem to think mistakes are made up for through suffering rather than making amends.

You have the orichis issue happening, mutants are at their worse, inhumans + X-men they ride in and help save the day to make up for it. I almost gurantee that was all that was needed to have people be like "yass medusa, or yass black bolt." just using it as a recent example. the longer they shelve the inhumans the longer it hurts them imo.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    don’t feel scared about giving your opinion!!! speak your truth!! you, especially as a poc, should give your opinion on this situation. I mean come on, we are quit literally taking about racism and problematic situations. don’t listen to anyone who tries to send you hate for an opinion that doesn’t hurt anyone
    Why single out the Inhumans?

There are way better examples

The Amazons were slaves once and depending on what book you read made slaves out of men.
    Planet of the Apes because they enslaved humans.
    Darksied and his world say HI.
    Orange Lantern Lafreeze says HI too.
    John Carter-who was fighting for the SOUTH.
    Netflix's The White Slave ( La esclava blanca) says hi too.

What about the Super Sentai shows or by their American names-Power Rangers-that had field days trying to enslave everybody.

Lets not forget Star Trek-
    The Cardassians who enslaved Major Kira and her people?
    Tasha Yar and the crew of USS Enterprise C slaves under Romulans.
    The Romulans who enslaved a set of creatures as Star Trek Nemesis showed.

Why the Inhumans?

In your example-it said FORMER slaves. Keyword FORMER.

Darksied is still at it.
    So are those stinking dirty apes when IDW (or Boom) gets around to it.
    Star Wars is still at it.
    So is John Carter.
    Pick a Super Sentai show.
    Romulans-depends since their planet went Krypton on them.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

We haven't even touched on the Bird People (who were retconned into a subrace of racist xenophobic Inhumans (which said racism has subsided in part over time) or the Inhumans from Orollan, Utolan, Ennilux, and the Hidden Ones, and now the entire race is painted with a single brush stroke.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Personally i think the real reason it became as big a deal as it is is because Marvel instead of addressing the issue of what happen with the cloud head on decided to let it drag on and then people got in their mind the only way to make it right was to make the inhumans suffer which in actuality the best way to address it would have simply been showing the inhumans making good for the mistake. It wasn't that hard, no one was expecting blood imo but i don't know that's why i put it squarely on the team. I don't get the idea that people seem to think mistakes are made up for through suffering rather than making amends.

You have the orichis issue happening, mutants are at their worse, inhumans + X-men they ride in and help save the day to make up for it. I almost gurantee that was all that was needed to have people be like "yass medusa, or yass black bolt." just using it as a recent example. the longer they shelve the inhumans the longer it hurts them imo.
    Marvel was petty with how they used the fear mongering to sell books. People ignore that they were two X-Men events and ResurreXion was another X-Men rebranding while they punished the inhumans by putting Black Bolt in jail, Medusa lost her hair, they ended the creation of new inhumans, and they had an event to kill some. Then they got carte blanche to reboot the brand.

They were afraid of something that never happened, and it just created an inhuman-phobia that resulted in radicalizing people as if they were a real world race and actually hating them. Now we need to put up with these types of people and their social media presence.

interesting. I can't say I read the Inhumans that often outside of Fantastic Four adventures or Marvel events. Ms. Marvel is the exception.

Seems like this was a big deal around the time that Inhumans series aired:

The Inhumans' Slave Class Makes The Heroes Impossible To Root For
    https://screenrant.com/inhumans-roya...ics-unlikable/

Marvel’s Inhumans: Inbreeding! Fatalism! Slavery!
    http://www.comicscube.com/2015/01/ma...talism_15.html

They Own Slaves! The Uncomfortable Politics of the Inhumans
    http://www.comicscube.com/2017/09/th...-politics.html

Outside of Ms. Marvel, I don't think Marvel has any big plans for the Inhumans. Black Bolt will still be utilized inthe comics, but aren't they still in pretty rough shape after the X-men attacked them
    Last edited by Jabare; 10-04-2021 at 11:27 PM.
    The J-man

I guess I'm gonna have to keep debunking these till I'm old.

1) The Inhumans do not "own slaves". Their ancestors have created a caste of genetically engineered "drone species", WHICH BLACK BOLT HIMSELF HAD ****ING FREED. They were not analogous to any real world group of humans, unless you arguing that some groups of people are less intelligent that others and only good of physical labor.

2) If you hate the Inhumans and you're not sure why, you probably actually hate Ike Perlmutter. You know, the Black Panther and Captain Marvel - blocking, Trump-donating ******* who took a giant steaming **** all over Jack Kirby's legacy and ruined his coolest characters for many people.

3) Oh no, the main characters are royalty. Can't relate to them, you know? Guessing that the same people couldn't relate to half the cast in Game of Thrones, LOTR, Thor, Loki and T'Challa.

4) Also, why would you WANT your fictional characters to be "relatable"? Imagine not being able to enjoy a story unless the protagonist is a copy of you. I call it a lack of imagination. Some of the best stories I've known were about a completely unrelatable godlike being and a plant monster.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    A caste system with a royal family and a slave class, -and- eugenics.

The Inhumans really are a big mess of uncomfortable, aren't they. And yet this is what Marvel has hung its hopes on.

The Inhumans' Slave Class Makes The Heroes Impossible To Root For The Inhumans' royal family, especially Black Bolt and Medusa, just aren't very likable. Is it maybe because they practice eugenics and own slaves
    This might have been a hot take 5 years ago, but Death of the Inhumans was the last time Marvel ever really did anything with the Inhumans and they've only really appeared in very small roles here and there since then; I'd hardly say Marvel has hung its hopes on them lol

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

hey guys serious question.

how do we know that Lockjaw doesn't bark at people of color?

i mean he looks pretty sus