Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Solaris the Tyrant Sun vs Ego and Mogo

Can the team of up two sentient planets take down the artificial intelligence living sun?
    Last edited by Sophicles; 10-04-2021 at 12:58 AM.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Erm... despite having comparatively very limited feats, Solaris is no joke.

He's like "I fight the entire 1,000,000 Justice League and treat them like cannon fodder," level. He's got frankly epic energy manipulation abilities, including gravity as well, and he is meant to adapt to anything within seconds. He can frag planets easily, when he was born he was in danger of destroying the solar system with his initial plasma vent, he's survived black holes...

One on occasion, he one-shot Kyle Rayner despite him having shields up.

Dude is a team-level threat.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Mogo is a bit of a team buster himself, having taken down Ganthet on a day Ganthet was soloing dozens of high level Lanterns. But I reckon he loses to Solaris.

Ego... I never know where to place Ego. Some days he fights Galactus, and other days he loses to Thor. I haven't read enough of him to know what his norm is.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Mogo is a bit of a team buster himself, having taken down Ganthet on a day Ganthet was soloing dozens of high level Lanterns. But I reckon he loses to Solaris.

Ego... I never know where to place Ego. Some days he fights Galactus, and other days he loses to Thor. I haven't read enough of him to know what his norm is.
    I've not even seen Ego in comics for years and years.

But then I'm hardly looking hard at the Big Two.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I've not even seen Ego in comics for years and years.

But then I'm hardly looking hard at the Big Two.
    He was in Al Ewing's Ultimates book (not the one with the Ultimates from the Ultimate universe, but rather the team consisting of Blue Marvel, Spectrum (Monica Rambeau), Miss America Chavez, Black Panther and Captain Marvel) where he teamed up with Galactus (who had become the Life-Giver rather than the Devourer, a cool change which has since been undone because mainstream comics) along with a few other cosmic beings to take on a massive threat. During this time Ego grew a body to match his planet sized face. After the run was over Ego detached himself from his body.

Recently Dormamu possessed Ego, turning him into a massive burning skull through which furnace face enacted his latest assault on regular reality. He even pulled off the same tricked and created a massive body beneath his now giant fire face. Dr. Doom teamed up with the Guardians of the Galaxy for a two pronged attack where Doom and a few of the Guardians enacted a ritual to weaken Dormamu while Nova and Star-Lord super-charged a giant bullet made from an anti-magic material they got from Krakoa and then Gamora fired said bullet through Dormamu/Ego's skull.

What remains of Ego is currently just kinda drifting as a new asteroid belt in Spartanx space IIRC.

So that's what Ego's been up to.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    He was in Al Ewing's Ultimates book (not the one with the Ultimates from the Ultimate universe, but rather the team consisting of Blue Marvel, Spectrum (Monica Rambeau), Miss America Chavez, Black Panther and Captain Marvel) where he teamed up with Galactus (who had become the Life-Giver rather than the Devourer, a cool change which has since been undone because mainstream comics) along with a few other cosmic beings to take on a massive threat. During this time Ego grew a body to match his planet sized face. After the run was over Ego detached himself from his body.

Recently Dormamu possessed Ego, turning him into a massive burning skull through which furnace face enacted his latest assault on regular reality. He even pulled off the same tricked and created a massive body beneath his now giant fire face. Dr. Doom teamed up with the Guardians of the Galaxy for a two pronged attack where Doom and a few of the Guardians enacted a ritual to weaken Dormamu while Nova and Star-Lord super-charged a giant bullet made from an anti-magic material they got from Krakoa and then Gamora fired said bullet through Dormamu/Ego's skull.

What remains of Ego is currently just kinda drifting as a new asteroid belt in Spartanx space IIRC.

So that's what Ego's been up to.
    hmm... so he seems a bit above the "I lose to Thor clean," level he has occasionally wandered into.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Recently Dormamu possessed Ego, turning him into a massive burning skull through which furnace face enacted his latest assault on regular reality. He even pulled off the same tricked and created a massive body beneath his now giant fire face.

Facepalm3.jpg
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    hey, hey.

what's this negative take?

that **** sounds cool.

hey, hey.

what's this negative take?

that **** sounds cool.
    Sometimes I'm just almost embarrassed by Furnace Face and his more...outlandish ideas ("I know! I'll make Galactus into my personal Evangelion unit!").

He needs to stick with 'kick down the doors and wreck the place personally', I feel. ^_^

But I will admit I need to find this comic and read it, now. Sounds completely hilarious.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Sometimes I'm just almost embarrassed by Furnace Face and his more...outlandish ideas ("I know! I'll make Galactus into my personal Evangelion unit!").

He needs to stick with 'kick down the doors and wreck the place personally', I feel. ^_^

But I will admit I need to find this comic and read it, now. Sounds completely hilarious.
    Dormammu realized the only way to dress even cooler was to possess a planet and turn it into a Gundam.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Obviously, Dormammu just heard that he didn't have the biggest ego in the universe and took it persoally.

Also...

HERE COMES HALLOWEEN! HERE COMES HALLOWEEN!

HALLOWEEN!

HALLOWEEN!

HALLOWEEN!

HALLOWEEN!

I'll agree with that. Dormammu should be booked strong enough to be a cosmic threat all on his own.

But taking over Ego to be a big planet head? That's fun, I like that.

Okay, I DO like the art...
    Why are we here?

I'll agree with that. Dormammu should be booked strong enough to be a cosmic threat all on his own.

But taking over Ego to be a big planet head? That's fun, I like that.
    As stated, the art does make me want to check it out. ^_^
    Why are we here?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Obviously, Dormammu just heard that he didn't have the biggest ego in the universe and took it persoally.

Also...

HERE COMES HALLOWEEN! HERE COMES HALLOWEEN!

HALLOWEEN!

HALLOWEEN!

HALLOWEEN!

HALLOWEEN!
    What book is it from?
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan