Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Yes things like these happen a lot and people move on easily because people would not really care too much about some creator writing some puny storyline. For example Guggenheim or Fraction creators like matter little. It doesn't matter what they do. But like Morrison from New X-Men, people do care too much to not ignore whats happening behind the scenes especially if its has to do not a single or couple of comic book issues or runs but all the buildup, story for an entire franchise that shifts a status quo. So tell me something should I ignore all of that because it happens all the time for the corporate bullshit that goes around?

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Kinda surprised no one's joked about Hickman quitting in protest over the X-Office's plans to have Kitty eventually beat up Emma and kick her off the Iron Throne.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Ignore it/don't ignore it that's on you. What I'm saying is...we find out these things after the fact (sometimes long after) and we cannot do anything about it because everyone else has already moved past and on to more important things. Whether or not HiX-Man departed on good terms is at this time utterly irrelevant

To what end, should we not ignore the office behind the scenes shenanigans? Because It serves absolutely no purpose emotionally dwelling on something that's beyond our control and upon which we have absolutely no effect. We the readers cannot affect something that has already been decided and enacted upon.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Ignore it/don't ignore it that's on you. What I'm saying is...we find out these things after the fact (sometimes long after) and we cannot do anything about it because everyone else has already moved past and on to more important things. Whether or not HiX-Man departed on good terms is at this time utterly irrelevant

To what end, should we not ignore the office behind the scenes shenanigans? Because It serves absolutely no purpose emotionally dwelling on something that's beyond our control and upon which we have absolutely no effect. We the readers cannot affect something that has already been decided and enacted upon.
    I think this is the healthiest POV to take at this point, because there isn't really anyone to "blame." Some have said that the writers pushed him out (hard to believe), others are blaming JDW, or this could come from higher-up editorial mandates. Heck, it really could be Hickman realizing that he doesn't want to tell some of the story that he originally had in mind right now. If we only look for all the flaws coming from the future of the X-line than we'll end up missing the gems that come out of it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I think this is the healthiest POV to take at this point, because there isn't really anyone to "blame." Some have said that the writers pushed him out (hard to believe), others are blaming JDW, or this could come from higher-up editorial mandates. Heck, it really could be Hickman realizing that he doesn't want to tell some of the story that he originally had in mind right now. If we only look for all the flaws coming from the future of the X-line than we'll end up missing the gems that come out of it too.
    Exactatiously.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Hickman-“I’m leaving on good terms and excited to see what’s coming up.”

Marvel-“We love Hickman and his influence will be felt for years.”

CBR-“Bullshit!”
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Hickman-“I’m leaving on good terms and excited to see what’s coming up.”

Marvel-“We love Hickman and his influence will be felt for years.”

CBR-“Bullshit!”
    Hickman's accountant. "your direct deposit from marvel has truly opened up a new world of investment for us..."
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I can’t believe people seriously thought there’d be a new Head of X.

BANNED

I wonder what was the original title name for the Inferno event,
    and apparently there is a new book with that title coming soon?

I think it is something like "THE LAST LIFE OF MOIRA" or something like that?

For me the situation is a little frustrating. I felt like a lot of Hickman's idea and writing felt diluted by mediocre writers in his team throughout the last 2 years.

I would have loved—and preferred—to just read a concise run similar to Morrison's New X-Men. I really love to go back and reread a fantastic and self-contained run like Remender's Uncanny X-Force, Morrison's New X-Men, Whedon's Astonishing X-Men or Scot Lobdell's Age of Apocalypse. Don't feel like doing it with the current era that felt all over the place...and was all over the place. re-reading the mess that was Sword of X? nah...

Yeah nah I’m done this just al looks like regression to me. Duggans x-men is just x-men gold but they live in a tree its still the same fighting the villian of the week formula.

Can’t wait for hickman to take over gotg and have a proper comic run again. Hell maybe even try to relaunch the inhumans again

That's one upside to this whole thing...many readers who were never enthused with the Krakoa premise throughout now have a legit excuse (not that they ever needed one, but...) to not read anymore and less monotonous whingeing and whining (hopefully) that those of us who actually like this era have to contend with.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_fury View Post
    Yeah nah I’m done this just al looks like regression to me. Duggans x-men is just x-men gold but they live in a tree its still the same fighting the villian of the week formula.

Can’t wait for hickman to take over gotg and have a proper comic run again. Hell maybe even try to relaunch the inhumans again
    I think Cates is done with monthly titles.
    Plus I doubt he’ll ever touch GOTG or inhumans. This feels like a pipe dream that someone made up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post

I don't think anyone is dwelling or crying over this. People are stating their opinion about some comics. It happens all the time.It bothers you?

All-New Member

I think both things are undoubtedly true:

a. Hickman got side-tracked/bored/was never that much into it anyways about his X-Line. The guy is a great world builder, but he's also a chronic "all build-up no payoff" author after all. ALL of his Marvel stuff feels unfinished, to some degree or other (abruptly vanishing like SHIELD or Ultimates, or just a weak ending to a great overarching build-up like FF and Avengers)

b. White is a bad editor creatively speaking. If that's corporate mandate or not, I can't tell. But the guy oozes "mediocre storytelling" with his "used car salesman pitch" style, as another user pointed out here
    Unfortunately, we got only what was possible out of the situation on this dying media and format...