Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Hope he ends up on a team in the 2022 relaunches.
    "Cable was right!"

baumblume

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Hope he ends up on a team in the 2022 relaunches.
    who will join his team
    i hope for Storm
    i love aoa storm and pietro

baumblume

I find it odd, Quicksilver is rarely used as a main character yet two studios are making sure he's gonna be in several movies like he's some sort of character that draws a huge crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    They want poc rep, and there are very few Romani characters. If someone is half they are is less that. And also get passed none of their Romani heritage if their Romani descent is maternal.

Comics need full rep. Especially since all Romani characters seem to be half. Even though that'd be very unlikely in Europe. And are usually done that way because of magic association.
    Someone being half doesn’t mean they don’t belong. Also, Pietro and Wanda were raised by Romani parents through their childhood. That is their culture.

Spectacular Member

They want poc rep, and there are very few Romani characters. If someone is half they are is less that. And also get passed none of their Romani heritage if their Romani descent is maternal.

Comics need full rep. Especially since all Romani characters seem to be half. Even though that'd be very unlikely in Europe. And are usually done that way because of magic association.
    So they’re not Romani if their only their mother is
    And they’re not Jewish if only their father is

Which means that they’re just regular white dudes? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Someone being half doesn’t mean they don’t belong. Also, Pietro and Wanda were raised by Romani parents through their childhood. That is their culture.
    I never said that. I said that it's not exactly that rep though. No one being fully Romani is not a good thing. Especially when they are doing it to European Romani. Why do they all need to be part white?

And if you say someone is Romani just based on who raised them then you have no idea how any of that works. I am of descent. It is not passed down via your mother, and is not adopted just because you are adopted. You'd still be a white person with poc parents.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    marvel is disrespectful to Romani characters I have little hope that it will get better
    Me either, really. Romapop tried to help them out. Didn't seem like they listened too well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcnewb View Post

They'd still racially be half Romani, just have none of their traditions passed on. Eventually it does get to a point where you are just considered white. I'm partially of descent and considered white. White because it makes up now more of my DNA then having traces from India. More because of how I was raised and with what traditions without Romanipen.

I never said that. I said that it's not exactly that rep though. No one being fully Romani is not a good thing. Especially when they are doing it to European Romani. Why do they all need to be part white?

And if you say someone is Romani just based on who raised them then you have no idea how any of that works. I am of descent. It is not passed down via your mother, and is not adopted just because you are adopted. You'd still be a white person with poc parents.
    I didn’t say that. You’re cherry picking my words. With a Romani mother and the fact that they were raised by Romani parents, I think that is good representation. I’m sure not every Romani person believes in archaic determinations of lines of succession, just like not every Jewish person believes in it anymore either.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    I didn’t say that. You’re cherry picking my words. With a Romani mother and the fact that they were raised by Romani parents, I think that is good representation. I’m sure not every Romani person believes in archaic determinations of lines of succession, just like not every Jewish person believes in it anymore either.
    It is not good representation. If they are half, and all other Romani are half in comics. And all of them are filled with stereotypes, that is not good rep.

It is still a determination if you are considered Romani, yes. I am not considered Romani. I am partially of descent. And it'd be weird of me to pose as full blood having been raised with Romanipen when that isn't true. It's not an archaic determination. It's just the truth. If you are of descent, you are just that. You aren't full blood, no matter how that affects your feelings. I have a lot of respect for my elders and ancestors and would never try to misrepresent them by pretending to be full blood and having been raised with Romanipen. It'd be a form of appropriation. And an exaggeration of my bloodline.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Hopefully a mutant again and hopefully in a team book.
    A team book finally. yes. Maybe the X-Men. If they don't want him to go back to X-factor again. He can spar with Sunfire.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    A team book finally. yes. Maybe the X-Men. If they don't want him to go back to X-factor again. He can spar with Sunfire.
    Lorna and Pietro on the same team book again would be too good to be true
    Last edited by rhaenylis; 10-06-2021 at 05:09 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dcnewb View Post

Traditionally, if the mother isn't Jewish then the kids aren't Jewish.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Traditionally, if the mother isn't Jewish then the kids aren't Jewish.
    Yeah that’s what I meant. Lol

I guess they are still Romani and Jewish DNA wise as mentioned
    Just not culturally… so I guess this depends on where you sit in the genetics vs culture argument

They aren't Jewish DNA wise. We don't know who their current father is. Their mother Natalya is Roma.

That could change with ToM, but it might not.