Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Stryfe appreciation 2021

Jubilee vs Stryfe

Stryfe Clon Cable

Cool. I like Stryfe personally. If they're determined to keep Kid Cable around, I wouldn't mind seeing a redemption story involving his clone. Assuming it's the adult version of Stryfe. Not a younger version like we saw in Brisson's X-Force.

Stryfe is even more confusing than Cable.

I don’t mind confusing. And a good writer can flip “confusing” on its ear and make it “interesting.”

Nothing could be more confusing than what Hickman did with Moira X and her ten lives. And the whole House of X/Powers of X storyline. Try explaining that to someone. I did. My wife. She was like, “Maybe I just need to read it for myself.” Ha.

But sure seems like a lot of people are liking it. Despite the complexity of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Cool. I like Stryfe personally. If they're determined to keep Kid Cable around, I wouldn't mind seeing a redemption story involving his clone. Assuming it's the adult version of Stryfe. Not a younger version like we saw in Brisson's X-Force.
    That would be really cool. I mean, krakoa is all about new beginnings and it would be interesting to see if he was redeemed how he would relate to apocalpse and Sinister

I don’t mind confusing. And a good writer can flip “confusing” on its ear and make it “interesting.”

Nothing could be more confusing than what Hickman did with Moira X and her ten lives. And the whole House of X/Powers of X storyline. Try explaining that to someone. I did. My wife. She was like, “Maybe I just need to read it for myself.” Ha.

But sure seems like a lot of people are liking it. Despite the complexity of it.
    I think they would need to find a way to streamline him. Stryfe debuted in NM and died in X-Cutioner's Song. He's appeared several ties since then though. I think it gets confusing bc sometimes its been in hell, the Astral plane. We've also seen him in the future and/or present day due to time travel. Im not sure if he's actually ever been resurrected. Cable is easier to track despite having far more appearances.

FWIW, I dont find Moira X to be confusing at all. The issue where she is introduced explains it all. Of course regurgitating it to someone would be confusing but alot of info is presented in that 1 issue and makes it comprehendable. Your wife was onto the right idea by suggesting she read it for herself
    Last edited by Havok83; 01-04-2021 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    That would be really cool. I mean, krakoa is all about new beginnings and it would be interesting to see if he was redeemed how he would relate to apocalpse and Sinister
    Could be really interesting to see the guy get his own second chance, living amongst his "family" and trying to earn their respect and trust after years and years of hating them for abandoning him (as he saw it). You get into his head a bit, realize how badly he was treated by Apocalypse and whatnot, and start to understand his rage and the choices he made. While he's obviously not close to any of the Summers-Grey clan, they start to forgive one another. And Stryfe becomes a badass operative in service to Krakoa. Hell, maybe throw him on X-Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I think they would need to find a way to streamline him. Stryfe debuted in NM and died in X-Cutioner's Song. He's appeared several ties since then though. I think it gets confusing bc sometimes its been in hell, the Astral plane. We've also seen him in the future and/or present day due to time travel. Im not sure if he's actually ever been resurrected. Cable is easier to track despite having far more appearances.
    Of course. He's kind of a lame 90s villain with a ridiculous costume and raison d'etre anyway. Nothing says "ripe for an overhaul" like that. Streamline away, writers!

I'd only have one request: There was a Stryfe figure released in the early 90s (I may be showing my age here), and he had this cool looking "club" or mace of some sort that to my knowledge he never used in the comics. I think they should introduce this along with an in-story reason for it.

For example, his powers are a curse and a blessing. Much like X-man, over time they degrade his cellular structure and are killing him. Furthermore that level of power unrestrained leads to madness. So he gets nerfed somehow. Power levels are much lower than they were before, and this clublike mace weapon channels his psionic power much like Cable's psimitar. Boom.

FWIW, I dont find Moira X to be confusing at all. The issue where she is introduced explains it all. Of course regurgitating it to someone would be confusing but alot of info is presented in that 1 issue and makes it comprehendable. Your wife was onto the right idea by suggesting she read it for herself
    I don't really find Stryfe confusing at all, having read his backstory in the Adventures of Cyclops & Phoenix and having followed him through the years. A quick recap page stating who he is, followed by the first issue setting up his new status quo, would be all that's needed to overhaul him.

I don't really find Stryfe confusing at all, having read his backstory in the Adventures of Cyclops & Phoenix and having followed him through the years. A quick recap page stating who he is, followed by the first issue setting up his new status quo, would be all that's needed to overhaul him.
    For me its not his backstory; it everything thats followed after. Like if a writer were to bring him back, what would even be canon for him and fair game to use? The fact that we've seen multiple versions across different time periods and in the afterlife confuses things.

Oh and IA that he needs a redesign that modernizes his look.

For me its not his backstory; it everything thats followed after. Like if a writer were to bring him back, what would even be canon for him and fair game to use? The fact that we've seen multiple versions across different time periods and in the afterlife confuses things.
    "I've been to hell and back... and everywhere in between..." Ha. I kind of like it as an opener.

Seriously, I think you just pick your version that you want and go with that. It's like Kid Cable. He's from before Cable did all the other stuff he did, and will do eventually when he goes back to the future. And then he's destined to die at his own hand. That's pretty convoluted as well. Yet they're making it work (for some people; not me obviously).

Just have Stryfe show up on Krakoa. He's the original version that got lost in the timestream after X-Cutioner's Song, just like Cable did before returning in his own series in the 90s. Except Stryfe has returned to the present day, in the Krakoan era. Aaand we're off...

Oh and IA that he needs a redesign that modernizes his look.
    For sure. Modernizing his look is part of the fun of streamlining the character. He'd basically be the X-books equivalent of Kaine/Scarlet Spider in the Spidey books. At least IMO.

art by Peter NGuyen

Incredible Member

Could be really interesting to see the guy get his own second chance, living amongst his "family" and trying to earn their respect and trust after years and years of hating them for abandoning him (as he saw it). You get into his head a bit, realize how badly he was treated by Apocalypse and whatnot, and start to understand his rage and the choices he made. While he's obviously not close to any of the Summers-Grey clan, they start to forgive one another. And Stryfe becomes a badass operative in service to Krakoa. Hell, maybe throw him on X-Force.
    With Vulcan, you have the one other mutant in that family who could calm down Stryfe. Granted, Stryfe could just get upset and blow up his head.

Incredible Member

Stryfe was shown to have a cloning factory on a ziggurat he had on the moon in X-Man in which he makes clones of himself and the Dark Riders that he uses to bring himself back from death.

spoilers:
    He's baaaaacccccckkk
    end of spoilers

BANNED

sooner or later i guess. Is cable really never going to talk to hope on panel??

spoilers:
    He's baaaaacccccckkk
    end of spoilers
    This excited me.

spoilers:
    One thing... why did Cable say that Stryfe is a clone of Cable’s future self. He was cloned while he was still a child... or has something contradicted that?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Thundershot; 01-20-2021 at 07:32 PM.