Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Orlando has hinted on Twitter that this isn't the FULL roster, so maybe we'll still get Iceman in the team after all! I hope so!!
    Awesome. I'd love to see multiple missions happening at the same time with a large crew.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Damn it. I had an out to this book with relaunch but this team pulled me back in. Kinda funny though how this book has basically become a foster home for mutants who lost their team book.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 10-04-2021 at 02:10 PM.

Please tell me they can't be doing this! To not have Daken, his recently revived Ex Somonus, current GF Aroura, flirt buddy Bobby (& his current sugar Daddy Christian) on 1 book come on Steve don't fail me like that!! Such a missed opportunity.

Last edited by Journey; 10-04-2021 at 02:15 PM.

Fantastic Member

Why on earth are they still trying to make Daken happen?

Where is Emma going to go?

I'm happy to see Duggan go but sad to watch Bobby leave.

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    Why on earth are they still trying to make Daken happen?

Where is Emma going to go?
    Emma’s taking over Moira‘a old job as the Laird Of The Island after Inferno.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Damn it. I had an out to this book with relaunch but this team pulled me back in. Kinda funny though how this book has basically become a foster home for mutants who lost their team book.
    No but actually... lemme just keep my wallet open.

I'll give this a shot. Orlando does good character work, and there's a lot of opportunity for drama with this lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Wow. Genuinely thought there would be a Captains book of sorts with Bishop/Kwannon as opposed to them playing second/third fiddle to Kitty. Amusingly on-brand, lol.
    Exactly, for a small group of exceptional military leaders of the whole island, I was thinking that there's so much to mine pertaining to security, freedom, and having what it takes to watch over beings that are extremely powerful, and can volatile.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Who's that villain and crew they mentioned?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    P...P...Pyro....
    Been waiting this ENTIRE run for Pyro to get some kind of character development, and now I guess he'll just slip back into Marvel limbo, because the odds of him landing on another book are pretty low. I mean, the little bits we got were okay, more than he's gotten in a long time, but I was really hoping we'd get some kind of serious take on him at some point. Feels like the character was completely wasted. Oh well. I'm just going to assume he's retiring to chill on the beach with Avalanche.

Nice to see Tempo on the team now, and maybe Bishop will get more focus. Otherwise I'm not really that interested in the new cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Can't recall anyone even mentioning the Curse of Man-Thing trilogy much or it selling particular well. So i highly doubt it was critically acclaimed. But these announcements tend to apply superlatives to anything to hype things up.

Same with calling obscure characters hardly anyone ever asked for "fan favorits".

Talking about it. If he writes Marauders it seems the Dark Riders will stay being a backround fluff only creation never to be mentioned or seen outside said hardly noticed trilogy of oneshots (meanwhile we had a mini series about corperate culture...).

Anyway. Lets see how long this series will last after the relaunch, now that the HOX/POX hype is no longer at play.
    I was pretty excited about it. Did quite a few posts about it in fact.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...hing-1-Preview
    post 7
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Fool me once...
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Who's that villain and crew they mentioned?
    Brimstone Love? He's from X-Men 2099; demonic in appearance (I don't know if that cover captures him that well TBH). The gist was that he inflicted physical and psychological pain (with the help of assistants like future X-Man La Lunatica) on his victims as a form of performance art for wealthy customers who get off on that sort of thing. His organization was called the Theater Of Pain.

I wish we could just get some mini-event that just brings ALL of the X-Men 2099 cast to the present once and for all. I know they don't have the popularity for their own series, but it would be nice to have them on Krakoa and then they'd be available if someone wanted to use one of them for a team or story arc. They're harder to use even than other multiversal characters because the time difference is a whole additional obstacle for the writer to overcome.

But Brimstone Love is a nice step back into the world of X-Men 2099 (unclear if this is a younger Brimstone or if he traveled through time when he teleported in the original series) - maybe Orlando is a fan and has other plans to dip into that well?

To be fair Orlando is not Duggan every character will get their chance to shine IMO.