Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    You know, if Tini Howard has anything to say about it, Rachel would be in bed with Captain Britain and/or Saturnyne by this point.
    I've just been re-reading Excalibur, and it becomes much more obvious on a reread that Tini is pushing for a Rachel-Betsy-Opal love triangle.
    I wouldn't mind if they do another Cable book, or Cable and X-Force, that this time Rachel joins him on his team. I would love it if they could revisit their close relationship that was built up in Cable Vol 1 and Vol 2.

But yeah, for the sake of character growth, it's time for Betsy and Rachel to just start openly dating each other.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Rachel should go wherever Betsy Captain Britain is headed.
    But two telepaths on a team may be too much.
    Simple solution: Write Betsy out of Excalibur and make Rachel the new lead. Betsy can be a supporting character.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    PS, Anyone has more info on this villain and his crew?
    Apparently he's named after a 2099 character called Brimstone Love.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Wow. Genuinely thought there would be a Captains book of sorts with Bishop/Kwannon as opposed to them playing second/third fiddle to Kitty. Amusingly on-brand, lol.
    I have much more faith in Orlando than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Well this is a surprise! This team sounds like it belongs together. Just wish Sage could have been on here.

Just one question: does this mean that we get off the ship?
    "Kate Pryde’s got the mission — all she needs now is a new boat and a fresh crew to match."

Seems like we'll be sailing away again! I'm down with it.

I totally missed Diammandis' thread. Please delete this one or merge, self-friend moderator.
    Last edited by JB; 10-04-2021 at 12:51 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    So basically everyone is staying in Marauders except for Iceman and Emma (which was a given)
    Looks like Pyro's out too.
    My flag is bacon.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I was expecting a lot of whoop whoop for Tempo making a team book.....
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Weird that "Captain Kate" would need two other captains on her team.
    I was hoping Bishop would get a lead role elsewhere.

The new focus on mutant rescue is good because it gives the book a direction that it was kind of lacking. But I do think "mutant rescue unit" would have fit the New Mutants better.

All this being said, I hope this run is good and we get Midnighter Orlando, not Justice League United Orlando.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I was expecting a lot of whoop whoop for Tempo making a team book.....
    She's already kind of a Marauders member so I don't think anyone is that surprised.

Nice to know Bishop and Psylocke are doing the hero thing after Inferno, despite that ad they were featured on.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Also why do I get the feeling that Tempo will be Kate’s first same-sex love interest?
    I had that same suspicion a few issues ago when Kate invited Tempo to join the Marauders full-time. There's nothing really pointing to it just yet, but I had a funny feeling...

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Finally, Somnus is in something. Considering the push he got with Voices, I figure'd he be used a lot sooner.
    The end of his story in MARVEL'S VOICES: PRIDE specifically said that he'd be appearing again "next year", so this is right on schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I feel like Iceman will be in something else, since I'd think Orlando would have taken him if not.
    Orlando has hinted on Twitter that this isn't the FULL roster, so maybe we'll still get Iceman in the team after all! I hope so!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    She's already kind of a Marauders member so I don't think anyone is that surprised.
    Sort-of, kinda. Its great news that she's sticking around after the change in writers though--Duggan's barely had a chance to do anything with her yet (she hasn't even technically accepted the invite to join the team), so there'd be no reason to assume Orlando would be invested in keeping her in the cast.

If this is the new line-up of the book, it's a huge improvement from its beginnings!
    And I'm pleasantly surprised that the new character introduced in Marvel Voices is actually used.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

I'm in. Marauders has been enjoyable thus far so I'm happy to keep reading. Nice to see Daken, Somnus, and Tempo here too -- this might end up the most racially diverse X book, and most queer friendly.

Bishop! I hope he gets some shirtless scenes.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Interesting. I generally like Orlando's writing, I'm unfamiliar with the artist but his work looks fine to good. I like the cast, but it's also kind of odd. It seems weird to me that two of Krakoa's Captains are going to be on the same team, although I do think Bishop and Kwannon will vibe well together. Psylocke being on the team doesn't bode well for the budding relationship between her and Greycrow over in Hellions. Somnus is still pretty much a blank slate, but it's good that Orlando will get to tell a fuller story about his new character, I am abit concerned that his power doesn't seem particularly useful for field work. I suspect Emma will still make, at least, occasional appearances. With a larger cast, hopefully Orlando is better at spreading the focus than Duggan was.