Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

This is great. Thanks for this, DAHX.

My biggest worry is the cast size. In general, many books in this era have been pretty weak when it comes to managing their casts. Having 8 crew members right off the bat + establishing a new villain could be pretty bad. And this is on top of featuring Kate, who has this weird ability to make writers focus largely on her at the expense of others. But Bishop is supposed to co-lead, and we're getting Aurora focus, so at least those two might be eating.

Glad that circuits and power combos are going to be a thing. I love seeing the books use the new-ish lore and ideas. I gotta wonder what the Aurora/Tempo combo will look like; acceleration of Aurora's super-speed, or slowing others down so she hits even harder? Or maybe it has to do with Aurora's light powers?

I like that it's an action-rescue book. The promise of it shaking things up for Krakoa is interesting, too. Getting rid of the Hellfire kids is just the cherry on top

RIP to the Daken/Somnus/Aurora love triangle though. Like I'm glad Daken/Aurora will likely have time to breathe as a couple, and Somnus' own development is taking precedence. But at the same time, that drama would be so juicy.

New X-Men ��
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    So lemme think, 7 members should be confirmed; Kate, Bishop,
    Do those two shoot arrows when they combine their powers?

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    - if there's enough time New X-Men characters might show up
    Usually, that's a polite way to say "lol no"
    Last edited by mugiwara; 11-04-2021 at 10:36 AM.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

I am happy and satisfied.
    My flag is bacon.

Steve Orlando is super cute

My only question is when are we going to see Bishop get a low key romantic interest. My guy is definitely not asexual! I wouldn't to automatically link him up with Tempo due to race, but I'm not opposed to it either. You can't tell me a brotha like him doesn't have game.

This all sounds great especially the emphasis of this being an "action book" and that the team will be focusing on rescuing mutants. I'm ready.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    My only question is when are we going to see Bishop get a low key romantic interest. My guy is definitely not asexual! I wouldn't to automatically link him up with Tempo due to race, but I'm not opposed to it either. You can't tell me a brotha like him doesn't have game.
    Dude's a pirate now. He shluld be focusing on getting his hands on as much booty as he can.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Isn't Tempo gay? I feel like that came up a lot when she was being voted on for the X-Men team but someone lemme know if I'm making stuff up.

To your larger point though, Bishop definitely has game and should be portrayed as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Isn't Tempo gay? I feel like that came up a lot when she was being voted on for the X-Men team but someone lemme know if I'm making stuff up.

To your larger point though, Bishop definitely has game and should be portrayed as such.
    Now that you mention it, the only thing I can find about Tempo being gay is this post, which refers to a quasi-AU relationship between her and Yukio. The post contains some dubious information too; the relationship isn't mentioned at all on the Wiki, I can't find anything confirming it as romantic, and the OP's list itself has a few errors regarding other characters. I'll have to read Age of X and provide an update.

At any rate, and correct me if I'm wrong, but Tempo doesn't seem to have much of any romantic development in the main universe. They could theoretically hook her up with Bishop. If they want her to still like women, she could be bi.

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    An interview with Orlando

Few things from the video:
    - characters from the old crew will have new places & there are other books to be announced
    - there will be an 8th member on the new team and it's cataclysmic. There's a hint of it in the annual and it will be revealed in the first issue of the ongoing
    - The annual is about the recruitment of the new team and to introduce a new threat, Brimstone Love
    - Brimstone love will be main 616 version - who has a strong viewpoint to counterpoint Krakoa and Xavier
    - we'll see more mutant circuits/combining powers - Aurora and Tempo will combine their power in the 1st issue for a fun effect
    - this is an action rescue book, hellfire will wrap up
    - the first rescue takes the heroes into space and with a mystery 2 billion years old
    - the heart of the series is something that is gonna be truly foundational for Krakoa and the status quo of mutants going forward.
    - They're gonna feature wild concepts from all eras, both classic and new. Stuff from Claremont, evolution of things from Morrison
    - the artist of the ongoing isn't the same as the annual's
    - he's working on another X-Men book that's gonna be out around late spring

Other things that were previously revealed:
    - Marauder is an action-focused rescue book that will reveal huge things for Krakoa as a whole
    - the team will focus solely on saving mutant lives
    - introductory arc: a rescue mission for the history of mutantkind and maybe some of its earliest survivors.
    - mission statement of Marauders post inferno: To go always where they're needed, not where they're wanted.
    - Kate and Bishop run the show on the Marauder
    - no Daken/Somnus/Aurora love triangle; Somnus needs to explore himself in a lot of ways
    - if there's enough time New X-Men characters might show up

- about Tempo: she was staying from moment one, he loves her power, look and confidence. She'll be showing out.
    - about Psylock: she'll be a key actor. She'll be making a name for herself on a grand scale.
    - about Aurora: she'll be explored away from Northstar. She's a force of nature in her own right and will be from page 1. She and Akihiro will understand each other's struggles.

- Emma is not in Marauders but will have a major spotlight elsewhere.
    - Bobby and Christian are in the annual but not in the series. (but there are unannounced things in the works)
    - Pyro won't be in new Marauders either but it looks like he will be on another team too.
    Thanks for the breakdown. Where was the Bobby and Christian info dropped?
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Now that you mention it, the only thing I can find about Tempo being gay is this post, which refers to a quasi-AU relationship between her and Yukio. The post contains some dubious information too; the relationship isn't mentioned at all on the Wiki, I can't find anything confirming it as romantic, and the OP's list itself has a few errors regarding other characters. I'll have to read Age of X and provide an update.

At any rate, and correct me if I'm wrong, but Tempo doesn't seem to have much of any romantic development in the main universe. They could theoretically hook her up with Bishop. If they want her to still like women, she could be bi.
    Tempo in the Age of X was in a relationship with Feral, not Yukio. An since Tempo was the only AoX death that transferred to 616, and characters like Frenzy rememberd that reality, we can assume she has same sex atractions.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Dude's a pirate now. He shluld be focusing on getting his hands on as much booty as he can.
    Lol...this guy get it!

is this book being relaunched or keeping the same numbering?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    is this book being relaunched or keeping the same numbering?
    He mentions #1 issue twice during the video so relaunched.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    This all sounds great especially the emphasis of this being an "action book" and that the team will be focusing on rescuing mutants. I'm ready.
    Yes! *Knocks glasses Here's to awesomeness!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!