Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Finally, Somnus is in something. Considering the push he got with Voices, I figure'd he be used a lot sooner. Glad to see Daken and Aurora are on the same team again; I loved their budding romance. And I'm guessing Psylocke "graduated" from Hellions?
    To be fair Psylocke was never actually required to be on Hellions unlike everybody else. She mostly did it as a favor to Cyclops and of course to bring back her daughter with Sinister's help.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    The Council will probably be like "Yeah...turns out this was a bad idea. DISBANDED."
    Out of all the X-books Hellions was hands down the worst idea in-universe yet the most entertaining IRL.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Well...this has certainly piqued my interest. And from what I've googled Crees Lee's art is really good.
    I'm happy with this news.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Also why do I get the feeling that Tempo will be Kate’s first same-sex love interest?
    *Rachel Summers seethes in the background*

Default Marauders relaunch written by Steve Orlando

https://www.marvel.com/amp/articles/...nkId=134545272

A brand new era of X-Men is upon us! Following Jonathan Hickman’s limited comic series INFERNO, many of your favorite ongoing X-titles will be undergoing thrilling changes including the hit mutant seafaring series MARAUDERS! Taking over writing duties from Gerry Duggan will be writer Steve Orlando, known for his critically acclaimed work on books like WONDER WOMAN and CURSE OF THE MAN-THING. Bringing new energy to the mutant mythos, Orlando will launch the book with an exciting cast shakeup and a threat that strikes at the heart of the mutant nation of Krakoa. The first adventure in Orlando’s new run will kick off in January’s MARAUDERS ANNUAL #1 where he’ll be joined by artist Crees Lee.

The Marauders are ready to renew their mission of mutant rescue! Kate Pryde’s got the mission — all she needs now is a new boat and a fresh crew to match. Alongside Bishop, Pryde will recruit a team of mutants, new and old, including Psylocke, Daken, Aurora, Tempo, and Somnus, the new mutant hero who debuted earlier this year in MARVEL'S VOICES: PRIDE #1! They’ll unite to spring Daken from imprisonment at the hands of a leader who’s as cruel as he is charismatic: the primal provocateur known as Brimstone Love, a fan-favorite villain from the 2099 timeline making his present day debut! It’s the Marauders versus the Theater of Pain, a torture troupe that’s set up shop in Xavier’s School’s old backyard!

“Taking the helm of MARAUDERS is easily the most exciting moment of my career, especially when it's my first-ever ongoing not just on Krakoa, but at Marvel in general,” Orlando said. “Exploding out of the team's already-amazing adventures as part of Hellfire Trading, Captain Pryde's new crew of Marauders will stop at nothing to bring endangered mutants to safety -- to always go where they're needed, not where they're wanted. To mutant rescue, wherever it calls them!”

Come aboard for a new age of Marauders when MARAUDERS ANNUAL #1 hits stands on January 12. Stay tuned in the coming weeks for more announcements about other exciting new X-Men launches!

MARAUDERS ANNUAL #1
    Written by STEVE ORLANDO
    Art by CREES LEE
    Cover by RUSSELL DAUTERMAN
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

I guess Ill give it a try and familar with Steve Orlando, from I seen from his work, his wonder woman wasn't groundbreaking but his darkhold one shot seems alright, I dont know. i been cutting off books due to budgeting so im more picky on trying new books based on writer, characters, the character so far draw me in. I been back n forth dropping and getting back in Howards Excalibur. lol
    Last edited by Rzerox21xx; 10-04-2021 at 11:49 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Loving Dauterman's very Asian Kwannon and Daken.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quite interesting that they decided to launch a new run with an annual. Are they going to release a new number 1 after this or Marauders will continue with issue #28?

I haven't read a lot of Orlando's work, I hope he can be a good fit for the franchise and keep us surprised with good ideas. Never heard of the artist.

Interesting cast, but not completely sold... Maybe when I see an image with all the characters. Not a fan of Daken. And I hope Bishop is a bigger part of the story now.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Loving Dauterman's very Asian Kwannon and Daken.
    Right? His Psylocke is gorgeous.

Fantastic Member

this looks awesome cant wait for this orlando is perfect for the x-books his limited marvel work has been great and had an early look at darkhold alpha which is great

Astonishing Member

Can't recall anyone even mentioning the Curse of Man-Thing trilogy much or it selling particular well. So i highly doubt it was critically acclaimed. But these announcements tend to apply superlatives to anything to hype things up.

Same with calling obscure characters hardly anyone ever asked for "fan favorits".

Talking about it. If he writes Marauders it seems the Dark Riders will stay being a backround fluff only creation never to be mentioned or seen outside said hardly noticed trilogy of oneshots (meanwhile we had a mini series about corperate culture...).

Anyway. Lets see how long this series will last after the relaunch, now that the HOX/POX hype is no longer at play.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    *Rachel Summers seethes in the background*
    You know, if Tini Howard has anything to say about it, Rachel would be in bed with Captain Britain and/or Saturnyne by this point.
    I've just been re-reading Excalibur, and it becomes much more obvious on a reread that Tini is pushing for a Rachel-Betsy-Opal love triangle.

Astonishing Member

So is there gonna be a love triangle or throuple with Daken, Aurora, and Somnus since Marvel been into that lately with implied ones going on.

Now that's exciting! Seems like no more Emma for Marauders? I'm happy for Psylocke and Daken. Cool that Sonmus is gonna be there too. I wonder how his dynamic with Daken is gonna be, especially with Aurora there.

Makes me look forward for the shakeup in other titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Can't recall anyone even mentioning the Curse of Man-Thing trilogy much or it selling particular well. So i highly doubt it was critically acclaimed. But these announcements tend to apply superlatives to anything to hype things up.

Same with calling obscure characters hardly anyone ever asked for "fan favorits".

Talking about it. If he writes Marauders it seems the Dark Riders will stay being a backround fluff only creation never to be mentioned or seen outside said hardly noticed trilogy of oneshots (meanwhile we had a mini series about corperate culture...).

Anyway. Lets see how long this series will last after the relaunch, now that the HOX/POX hype is no longer at play.
    Jesus, you're just doing the most to be negative. No good reason to assume this won't last yet.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 10-04-2021 at 12:15 PM.