Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Documentaries!

Sam Mendes, Sony & Apple Corps Set Four Beatles Theatrical Movies On Paul McCartney, John Lennon, George Harrison & Ringo Starr

Link to Article

Sadly, nothing about a Clarence Walker movie as the 5th Beatle...

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    It's a heart-wrenching film on Amazon Prime and Paramount Plus now.

I already saw this couple on a PBS documentary several years back! Very tragic story.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Sam Mendes, Sony & Apple Corps Set Four Beatles Theatrical Movies On Paul McCartney, John Lennon, George Harrison & Ringo Starr

Link to Article

Sadly, nothing about a Clarence Walker movie as the 5th Beatle...
    I think these will be biopics, and not documentaries. And I personally feel the Beatles have been covered quite well and extensively up to this point. Not sure there is all that much more to cover here.

Mighty Member

This unintentionally hilarious film about a Canadian stuntman had a cult following in Australia after a late night Tv comedy show screened it one evening. A 90's grunge band named Ammonia did a song about Ken Carter as well..

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    This unintentionally hilarious film about a Canadian stuntman had a cult following in Australia after a late night Tv comedy show screened it one evening. A 90's grunge band named Ammonia did a song about Ken Carter as well..

Thanks for posting!

PBS will be airing Menus-Plaisirs – Les Troisgros later this month or early next month:

Lots of people seemed to like this one. Especially foodies. Wiseman is a legend and this could be his last film.

CBS will be broadcasting Billy Joel's 100th concert at Madison Square Garden on April 14 from 9 PM to 11 PM:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...bs-1235821721/

Now that's an event!

The title is tongue in cheek, It is a skeptical look at the UFO phenomena. Was streaming, now on Youtube.

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The title is tongue in cheek, It is a skeptical look at the UFO phenomena. Was streaming, now on Youtube.

Thanks for sharing. I love docs about conspiracy theories.

BANNED

finished watching the Robocop Robodoc documentary on Tubi. Not bad for extra behind the scenes stuff about Robocop. Then you learn more about what it was really like with Peter Weller being a total weird diva and method actor he was back then where he was still acting like Murphy/Robocop and asking for oreos

Quote Originally Posted by XandertheWise View Post
    finished watching the Robocop Robodoc documentary on Tubi. Not bad for extra behind the scenes stuff about Robocop. Then you learn more about what it was really like with Peter Weller being a total weird diva and method actor he was back then where he was still acting like Murphy/Robocop and asking for oreos
    That's crazy. I never understood method acting. There is no need to get THAT into character. As Larry Olivier told Dustin Hoffman: "Dear boy, it's called acting."

Invincible Member

The Fog of War ( 2004 ) directed by Errol Morris. A fascinating interview with Robert McNamara talking about his time as secretary of defense for Kennedy and Johnson. McNamara is insightful and reflective and complex. He also touches on his time in WW2 and working for Ford Motors.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    The Fog of War ( 2004 ) directed by Errol Morris. A fascinating interview with Robert McNamara talking about his time as secretary of defense for Kennedy and Johnson. McNamara is insightful and reflective and complex. He also touches on his time in WW2 and working for Ford Motors.
    I actually saw that film in a theater when it came out. When McNamara was still alive. Informative flick. He lived a very interesting life.

Disney+ will stream a restored version of 1970 documentary Let It Be next month:

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/16/m...-be-movie.html

I wanna see if the Beatles were any good live by 1970. They weren't touring anymore by then. I liked and enjoyed some of the earlier Beatles' material, but I never loved their live work.

CBS will be airing a Billy Joel concert on April 19th from 9 PM to 11 PM. I saw bits of it this Sunday, and I thought he sounded really good. I thought he looked a bit bored singing his old hits though. I don't blame him for that.