Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default no new Marvel comics this week? Problems with Comixology!

So, I checked out this week's release date. DC comics were released this week as usual, but according to Comixology no new Marvel comics are set to be released this week. I thought this was strange, but I thought maybe Marvel is having a skip week. I mean... everybody is entitled to a little R&R, right? So, I checked the Marvel releases for next week, and again, zip, nada.

Does anybody understand what is going on?

P.S. I checked out this week's new Marvel comics at https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...ases-full-list. So, the problem is obviously with Comixology. Am I the only one experiencing this?
    Last edited by Marvelman; 10-05-2021 at 08:13 PM.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I believe this is the week that everything is moving to Amazon.

It may be there

Fantastic Member

Is there a way to view all of this weeks new releases on Amazon?

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

It may be there
    It's also this week that everything was moving to Penguin. And there's been reports of major issues with deliveries, and a batch of comics going missing!
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/peng...pment-to-dcbs/

Could that have resulted in last minute digital withdrawals, if issues aren't in the shops?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

It may be there
    I use Amazon to log into my Comixology and IIRC Amazon bought Comixology. I guess Marvel is still using them for digital

Here's the story about Amazon acquiring Comixology from Bleeding Cool.

But more alarming are the stories on BleedingCool about the shipping of packages by Marvel's new distributor, Penguin/Random House. Marvel dropped Diamond Distributors and Penguin took over as of October 1st. Comic shop owners are reporting badly packaged shipments arriving damaged.
    Quote from one store:
    We received our books today crammed in incredibly tiny boxes that had zero protection from the rigors of shipping and literally 70% of our books where damaged. I can only imagine how things went industry wide. It seems that these guys think they can ship comics like they ship their novels to book stores and everything will be fine. I can only imagine how much money they will be losing over the amount of damaged copies they will have to replace."
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 10-05-2021 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post
    Is there a way to view all of this weeks new releases on Amazon?
    Yes, I am looking at them now.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Thanks! Is there any way to view these on amazon.ca or do I have to use the American site?

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I use Amazon to log into my Comixology and IIRC Amazon bought Comixology. I guess Marvel is still using them for digital

Here's the story about Amazon acquiring Comixology from Bleeding Cool.

But more alarming are the stories on BleedingCool about the shipping of packages by Marvel's new distributor, Penguin/Random House. Marvel dropped Diamond Distributors and Penguin took over as of October 1st. Comic shop owners are reporting badly packaged shipments arriving damaged.
    Quote from one store:
    I wonder if the big two will ever stop using Comixology and just use their dedicated apps

They'd lose out on potential sales that way. There are a lot of Amazon customers.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post
    Thanks! Is there any way to view these on amazon.ca or do I have to use the American site?
    You have to use the US site. I tried changing the country code in the url, and .ca just gives you a blank page, and so does co.uk.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

redacted 10 char
    Last edited by danielsan52; 10-06-2021 at 05:55 AM.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

For now you can still use Comixology. They have all the Marvel titles that came out today. I have to think you still will be able to use it since I've bought some digital versions of TPBSs and Marvel Masterworks over there when they had a sale a year or so ago.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 10-06-2021 at 02:16 PM.

Astonishing Member

Is comixology just completely broken for anyone else right now? I can put comics on my kindle, but my iPhone app isn’t updating.

Mine is working fine but then I linked my Comixology to Amazon when I first set it up. Try that if you haven't already. On Comixology, go to My Account and you will see the link there. I already had an Amazon account to link to at the time. I never really had a separate Comixology login in since I had done the link with my Amazon account at the very beginning. But it should work the other way around...just link it to Amazon. I'm assuming if you didn't have an Amazon account it would have you create one.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 10-06-2021 at 09:41 PM.

Well, I was supposed to get six Marvel titles this week ~ three ongoings and three mini-series ~ and everything from Marvel came in damaged....the entire order!
    (Saw the video my old shop puts out every Tuesday night....they had every Marvel title I would have gotten except New Mutants, which they were shorted on, so I don’t know what to tell you).