Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Hellions #16: It all falls down

Immediately following Empath's manipulation of Havok, Clone Sinister manages to run away, Psylocke is catatonic, Nanny attempts to murder our Sinister however before anything can truly happen the Hellions are confronted by the X-men who appear to see how they're doing. Spoiler: Not Great

We cut to discover that Emma is taking over the Hellions, Scott and the X-men are in the dark of the whole situation and in spite of the clear amount of rules that He's broken, Sinister gets to walk away free as a bird with no repercussions. The Council has to keep up appearances after all.

In a Data Page, Beast rightfully, calls out Emma for all of what she let slide despite having knowledge of with the Hellions.

Kwannon is confronted by Scott shortly after she breaks bond with Wild Child and lets it be known she's leaving the Hellions. It's very clear she's mad and hurting, however it's unclear if she hates herself or the Council more.

Greycrow has made it his mission to not just kill Empath, but also wipe him from the backups, regardless of what faith awaits him after.

Emma manages to assuage Havok's concerns (And relieve him from Hellions duty) with the promise of resurrecting Madelyn (Can't promise this isn't Emma lying through her teeth.)

Nanny breaks Orphan Maker emotionally following her confrontation with her Ex-husband (A scientist at Orchis) where he had attempted to hijack her ship and destroy the mutant orphanage on Krakoa.

In Short: Things aren't great.

One more amazing issue. Stellar writing, awesome art. Every character sounds different and has own feelings about situation.
    Very sad that book is ending soon but I am sure it will end with a boom.

I wish more X books were as good.

Emma really does seem regretful for the manipulation of Havok and Empath so I doubt shes lying about trying to resurrect Maddie. Also Beast trying to call out Emma?? Thats kinda laughable after all thats hes pulled, guess its a kind of “takes one to know one situation”

All in all i just cant blame Emma for what shes done like stopping Sinister before he risks lives was the only option as it seems like most were willing to let it slide because of what he’s promised them. Yes it was underhanded but oh well, it works and now for the time being they dont have to worry about any Chimeras running around.
    Last edited by Diammandis; 10-06-2021 at 08:09 AM.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Emma really does seem regretful for the manipulation of Havok and Empath so I doubt shes lying about trying to resurrect Maddie. Also Beast trying to call out Emma?? Thats kinda laughable after all thats hes pulled, guess its a kind of “takes one to know one situation”
    I don't doubt that she feels bad, I just have reason to doubt if she's genuine in bringing Maddie back.

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

This issue feels like a mood whiplash. Hellions was so fun and out of the box, and this was heartbreaking. Not a fan of Maddie, but the Havok and Emma scene was a nice (read: devastating) touch. His rollercoaster of emotions, compared to Emma feeling sorry for him. Darn. Psylocke and Kyle tho. Just too sad.

I'll definitely miss this series. This has, hands down, the best character beats of this era.

I thought it was pretty random for the X-MEN team to appear inside Krakoa's holes, considering they carry out external missions

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sensormellow View Post
    This issue feels like a mood whiplash. Hellions was so fun and out of the box, and this was heartbreaking. Not a fan of Maddie, but the Havok and Emma scene was a nice (read: devastating) touch. His rollercoaster of emotions, compared to Emma feeling sorry for him. Darn. Psylocke and Kyle tho. Just too sad.

I'll definitely miss this series. This has, hands down, the best character beats of this era.
    It felt a bit off and went by way too fast, still an amazing issue.I guess we know why Kwannon will go to the Marauders, she's done w/ Krakoa.
    Alex's mood change when he heard Maddie's back was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    I thought it was pretty random for the X-MEN team to appear inside Krakoa's holes, considering they carry out external missions
    Same

Amazing Member

This has been the most consistently great book in the line since the moment it started. What a banger issue. Bring in Maddie!

What an emotional issue! All the scenes hit me in the heart, especially Nanny and Orphan Maker at the end. Ugh I'm gonna miss this book.

They were in Brooklyn, no? X-Men probably heard about the explosion and came over from Manhattan.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Mighty Member

Sinister's clone factory is in New York.

This was a really great issues, as always. I'm going to be really sad to see this book end. But this issue was great even without the standard humor that comes along with the book. There were a few spots but this was a much more serious toned issue, but it still worked really well.

Astonishing Member

Wow havoc went from depressed he killed psylocks daughter to happy as soon as Maddie was mentioned preaty fast

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    It felt a bit off and went by way too fast, still an amazing issue.I guess we know why Kwannon will go to the Marauders, she's done w/ Krakoa.
    Alex's mood change when he heard Maddie's back was hilarious.
    idk I wasn't laughing lol. To me Alex being that naive was agonizing.

Kwannon will be in Marauders?!?! OH MY GOD!!!!

The X-Men looked great here. Too bad Nanny didn't get to finish Sinister off!

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I can't believe this comic made me care about Orphan Maker.