Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Empath is a psycho. He takes too much pleasure and revels in causing pain and humiliation. So I can't ever feel sorry for him.

I hope the next issue gets into some QC politics. I think at this point in the x line it's clear that the QC is becoming a corrupt, ineffective farce, but it's still crazy that apparently Sinister is not going to face any repercussions. That's a meeting I want to see.

This is still the best x book hands down. I wish other writers took note on how to properly write a team book.

Amazing Member

I wish Zeb had more time to continue to write this, it's so fucking good. The ending is gonna be one last big emotional roller coaster.

Amazing Member

Really going to miss this book, Zeb Well's brilliant mix of comedy and tragedy sets it way above all the other X books, hands down
    one of the best X series of modern times.

Another solid issue. It's truly a shame this book is ending.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

so what are the chances of a Leah Williams new x book being with havok and maddie........

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Another solid issue. It's truly a shame this book is ending.
    Seriously, at least give the man 24 issues.

This along with New Mutants have become my top two X-titles

Mighty Member

Agree with the consensus that this was a great issue.

The moments between Nanny and Orphan Maker were gut-wrenching, I fear what he is about to do.

Incredible Member

Such a good book, Wells made me feel bad for every single one of them.
    A very dramatic issue.

Quote Originally Posted by sensormellow View Post
    I think Hellions will officially disband when this series ends. And if my reading of Inferno #1 is correct, Emma will take over A LOT more than Hellions or Marauders.
    If what happened here is any indication of the future i fear for what will happen under her control...poor Havok, giving him an inkling of hope that has a snowballs chance of hell of happening. Psylocke will hardly be in any mood to deal with any more Council related issues (unless that changes since in Inferno she seems more stable), Kyle will probably do something foolish and Orphan Maker WILL do something foolish if Nanny's last words are any indication.

And in the end we have two issues here, Sinister walks because they need him and who knows what that Clone Sinister is going to do, for all we know he took a sample of Chimera and knows about other facilities he can use.

Persoanlly i hope Empath does get assassinated by John, the turd deserved it regardless of his mission as well as for doing that to Havok and Psylocke.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    The stores did do good for Greycrow, Nanny and Orphan Maker, but totally ruined the Empath character. Let's be honest.
    What worse possible harm could be done to Empath's character? He was an elitist, narcissistic, racist, date-rapist decades before he ever appeared in this book. If anything, he's actually mellowed out since the 80's.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Im the opposite havok was the one i felt the least for this issue. But that scene with empath I was gutted. The artist did a great job with all the emotions in this issue.

The irony of it is emplate shows this team was actually a success. He went from not caring due to his mutation to evolving beyond it into actually getting close to people. A telepath like emma could feel it imo, so that touch on the face. Whoo. That was a scene i won't soon forget.
    Last edited by jwatson; 10-06-2021 at 07:35 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yupp.
    With Havok and his attachment to Maddie...I get it. She was the best sex you ever had back in the day but still...She's an evil Goblyn Queen who loves to torture you and wants to kill all your family and friends. Make better choices, dude.

I'm actually very intrigued to read what Wells has in store for Maddie. (So much deliciousness to look forward to).
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Amazing Member

I realize character development changes dramatically from writer to writer, but Havok being that fixated on Maddie makes no sense given his overall arc over the years, unless it's considered a further function of his mental illness. That switch in the scene with Emma from devastation and guilt to excitement is bonkers. Then again, Havok was treated as a relatively thoughtful character, if impulsive and brooding, qualities that can make a character be complex, up until his inversion in the Axis travesty. Making him a kind of foil for Maddie is the one thing about Hellions, which I otherwise love, that I don't buy.

Not much to add that hasn't already been said. I was really impressed with how the artist conveyed emotions through facial expressions, the scene with Empath where he has those dead eyes was brilliant. Like most everyone else I'm sad to see this end.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by plasmaintights View Post
    I realize character development changes dramatically from writer to writer, but Havok being that fixated on Maddie makes no sense given his overall arc over the years, unless it's considered a further function of his mental illness. That switch in the scene with Emma from devastation and guilt to excitement is bonkers. Then again, Havok was treated as a relatively thoughtful character, if impulsive and brooding, qualities that can make a character be complex, up until his inversion in the Axis travesty. Making him a kind of foil for Maddie is the one thing about Hellions, which I otherwise love, that I don't buy.
    That's the thing, I fully accept that Havok's INSTANT swing of emotion from deep guilt and regret to excitement at the mention of Madelyn is intentional on Wells' part. Havok is broken. The inversion, the failed fix, the stress of being in the Hellions, and now this latest violation? I wouldn't be surprised if his emotional controls just aren't what they used to be.

Anyways, this issue just reinforced Hellions as the best damn book in the line. If there was any doubt of Zeb Wells' ability to give each character unique voices, believable emotional states and swings, AND build up to the next phase that time has now passed. It got me to care about gross-ass Manuel, for crying out loud. Also, just one more hint that Emma's going to be in charge going forward.