Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Again no sign of what Mad Jim did with Redroot the Forest :-(
    Funny thing, that's one of the few things from Excalibur i actualy keep thinking about. Mainly what twist could be done with repaying her debt.

After all the thing she broke was "priceless". That opens up various ways one could argue her out of that situation.

Like for example finding something so utterly worthless that it counts as valid exchange for the thing she broke, simply because it has so little worth no price can seriously be applied to it, as there is no demand for it, making it "priceless" too. Or counter arguing that if something is pricesless it has no actual worth as item to purchase, since no price means nobody can ever buy it, meaning it should have never been on the market, therefor her destruction of it does not warrant keeping her in captivity.
    Or arguing that Red Root has a worth and one can apply a price to her freedom, meaning she would have never been valid to be taken as exchange for the item.

Etc. etc.

This issue was better then most. Some very good moments.

But I agree at this point Excalibur should be about the Braddock family in Otherworld. I wouldn’t mind a family book à la Lost in Space with Betsy, Brian, Meggan, Jamie, Maggie and Pete traveling around.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    This issue was better then most. Some very good moments.

But I agree at this point Excalibur should be about the Braddock family in Otherworld. I wouldn’t mind a family book à la Lost in Space with Betsy, Brian, Meggan, Jamie, Maggie and Pete traveling around.
    Between the Braddock family, Otherworld, the Corps., there's so much to carry a book like that. I'm now starting to wonder if this will spin-off into a S.T.R.I.K.E. book considering we haven't seen that team in action yet.

Sidenote: While I enjoy this series, that doesn't mean I'm not displeased with the treatment of some of the characters. I'm an X-Men fan first and foremost but unfortunately this is par for the course with comics - characters will always be tossed into the backseat. See Marauders and X-Force, and most books before this era. So for the record, I get where Gambit fans are coming from and I hope they get to see him shine elsewhere in the relaunch.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The trial of the Jamie-created alternate timeline CBs threw me off as I had completely forgotten about them. (I can't even think of anything they've done in-story that was significant).

I'm really looking forward to Death showing up for the war and Modred and Morgan, as well.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    The trial of the Jamie-created alternate timeline CBs threw me off as I had completely forgotten about them. (I can't even think of anything they've done in-story that was significant).

I'm really looking forward to Death showing up for the war and Modred and Morgan, as well.
    Same, I forgot about them also and that the Jubilee CB was taken out.

I'm hoping Death's siblings show up as well since they clearly aren't a fan of "little faerie man" Merlyn.

I'm also curious about Jubilee and Shogo. Will she leave him with Roma? I don't see her doing that but a lot of fans would love to see her without her baby attached to her hip.

Mighty Member

This issue was probably the best issue. Some odd beats, but pretty good. This should have happened like 10 issues ago or sooner (like right after she became Captain). I know some things are continuing from XoS, but the overall plot should have happened sooner. Betsy really stepping up instead of being insecure. We could have skipped over Malice. Cullen Bloodstone was a wasted arc. Clan Akkaba is still an awful plot.

The Braddocks and any mutants on Otherworld should be the gist of this whole series. Maybe a loosely based Exiles title, where they help the other realities Captains in their own realities, as well as, the politics of Otherworld? More exploration of Otherworld, the new Captains and a change of cast. Maybe have Brian be the face of CB in England (allowing for MI:13 and S.T.R.I.K.E.) and Betsy be the prime CB of Otherworld. The Captains Britain. So many possibilities and we just keep playing Shogo is a dragon. Let Shogo really be a dragon so Jubes can go on without this motherly worry wart vibe. I’d be totally fine with Gambit being in this book if he accidentally became the Regent of Blightspoke and was in charge of stealing anything of importance for the betterment of Krakoa or Planet Arakko.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Same, I forgot about them also and that the Jubilee CB was taken out.

I'm hoping Death's siblings show up as well since they clearly aren't a fan of "little faerie man" Merlyn.

I'm also curious about Jubilee and Shogo. Will she leave him with Roma? I don't see her doing that but a lot of fans would love to see her without her baby attached to her hip.
    I'm torn about Jubes and Shogo...On the one hand I could see her making that very tough decision to let him go for his own happiness. On the other, while it's a heartbreaking decision to make, the writers have not bothered to write him/them meaningfully so...concept-wise it might be better to just let him go.

I'm opting for leaving him with Roma in Otherworld but only if Otherworld stays a vital and important part of the X-Universe going forward.

Oh Yes! to more of o--[A]--o's children showing up to kick Merlin's decrepit deceitful ass.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Honestly if this series get rebooted it should just be STRIKE /OtherWorld

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    The Braddocks and any mutants on Otherworld should be the gist of this whole series. Maybe a loosely based Exiles title, where they help the other realities Captains in their own realities, as well as, the politics of Otherworld? More exploration of Otherworld, the new Captains and a change of cast. Maybe have Brian be the face of CB in England (allowing for MI:13 and S.T.R.I.K.E.) and Betsy be the prime CB of Otherworld. The Captains Britain. So many possibilities and we just keep playing Shogo is a dragon. Let Shogo really be a dragon so Jubes can go on without this motherly worry wart vibe. I’d be totally fine with Gambit being in this book if he accidentally became the Regent of Blightspoke and was in charge of stealing anything of importance for the betterment of Krakoa or Planet Arakko.
    I agree completely as there's so much potential with these various kingdoms and realities, and I'd like to see more of the Corps. I personally think Tini has done a good job with Betsy's family members so a focus on them works for me. And the idea of Gambit as Regent of Blightspoke is a fine one.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I'm torn about Jubes and Shogo...On the one hand I could see her making that very tough decision to let him go for his own happiness. On the other, while it's a heartbreaking decision to make, the writers have not bothered to write him/them meaningfully so...concept-wise it might be better to just let him go.

I'm opting for leaving him with Roma in Otherworld but only if Otherworld stays a vital and important part of the X-Universe going forward.
    That's where I'm at. I don't like the idea of Jubes leaving him as it would be very sad but I think it would do wonders for her character. If the book were to relaunch as an Otherworld book, then he can absolutely be featured.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Honestly if this series get rebooted it should just be STRIKE /OtherWorld
    Agreed. There's plenty of characters to play with within the kingdoms alone.

I've been pretty meh on this entire run of Excalibur.

But I will forever love the snippets of Marvel UK stuff that Howard keeps dropping in every now and again. You can tell she loves the old Alan Moore stuff.

Mandragon returned in the issue today, first time he's been on panel since the early 1980's and only his 5th appearance ever.

Quote Originally Posted by KylunFan View Post
    I've been pretty meh on this entire run of Excalibur.

But I will forever love the snippets of Marvel UK stuff that Howard keeps dropping in every now and again. You can tell she loves the old Alan Moore stuff.

Mandragon returned in the issue today, first time he's been on panel since the early 1980's and only his 5th appearance ever.
    Wait, was that him announcing the court in session? Cool if so.
    He was Omniversal Majestror for a time I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Wait, was that him announcing the court in session? Cool if so.
    He was Omniversal Majestror for a time I believe.
    I'm pretty sure it must have been him!

The data page before the trial mentioned a Lord Constable Mandragon or something like that and pretty much the first thing he did was put Saturnyne on trial when he first showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by KylunFan View Post
    I'm pretty sure it must have been him!

The data page before the trial mentioned a Lord Constable Mandragon or something like that and pretty much the first thing he did was put Saturnyne on trial when he first showed up.
    Ah I missed his name on the data page. Nice throwback!

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Garbage.
    Tini's humilation of Gambit continues.
    To deserves better.
    X 1.0000. X_x

Another great issue in a row. I liked that the characters were each in a diferent part of Otherworld. It gave us more bits of information of the places and at the same time, more space for the characters in general. Loved seeing more of Dryador after XoS. I liked they mentioned what Apocalypse would want and Death had a charming conversation with Betsy. He really liked Ororo huh lol. He has such a cool design.

Gambit seems to have a plot to be explored in the market for the future, I'm curious. I think he was very charming and funny. Jubilee continues to be so one note with this mama bear of Shogo storyline. If Tini can't write her without this, maybe it is for the better to keep him away, honestly. Even though it is a little crazy to think about it.

Marcus To is always improving. Great scenarios, desings, the scenes with many characters, all looked great. And it is amazing how he keeps making many issues in a row. Love his work.