Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    Zeb Wells is busy with Spider-man, And I doubt he'll want to go back to New Mutants.
    Vita Ayala's run is great, but it's a shame Marvel screw with the publishing so much.
    If the sales are low, then it shows the importance of renumbering, if Ayala's run started with a #1, then maybe it may have fared better, with it not being bogged down by the weight of Brisson's And Hickman's runs.

I'm hoping Ayala Returns to New Mutants after the Wolverine event
    I don't even think the sales are that low. Someone just wanted to make a grand statement about low sales without doing the basic research to realize NM didn't come out in August.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    You can't combine the sales figures for two months just for New Mutants. The other X-titles would also have extra sales in August for the same issue due to later buying.

Let's see what the sales figure for issue 21 will be, when compared to the rest of the X-titles.
    They're not combining them. Those are how many copies the issue sold in August. The same issue had already sold 70-80 times that figure in July.

New Mutants 20 came out in July and sold 30,234 copies there. https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...1/2021-07.html It went on tp sell an additional 402 copies in August. New Mutants 19 is also listed in the July sales even though it came out in June, with 1,366 copies sold in July. That's why New Mutants is listed twice in July.

X-Men Legends is another example. X-Men Legends 6 has 31,761 copies sold in August. X-Men Legends 5 has 402 copies sold for August. That's because X-Men Legends 5 actually came out in July where it sold 32,561 copies.

If an issue only sells 400 copies, that should be a red flag that something's up. In this case it's a product of the issue being from the previous month when it sold so much better.
    Last edited by sunofdarkchild; 10-19-2021 at 06:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    At its core, Dani's powers are illusion based. They need to just lean into that bc I could see her having the potential to be like Mastermind. The psychic arrow is a cool evolution of her powers but its an offensive power that tends to be used lazily with no creativity. There is more to mine with the illusions and how she uses those strategically to tackle situations

Its a shame they have done nothing with her as a Valkyrie and her connection to death in the current Krakoa era. Those powers would be so fitting to explore now.

Agreed. Claremont [who created her] got how to use her, despite her powers not having the most straight forward value in combat. Simonson [and many other writers] struggled with that, and tried to modify her powers to give it more functional utility -- hence, the solid illusions.

I didn't have a problem with it back then -- seemed like a logical progression of her maturing powers [I know that she got it after exposure to a high evolutionary machine], but I never liked the idea of her being able to just conjure up machines that worked. The car thing was stupid; now, if it was the outward SHELL of a car, that makes sense. But simple machines only, or inert versions of more complex things.

I liked the arrow evolution, too, because it gave her a way to "weaponize" her abstract powers, but it seems like that's all writers try to do with her now. Lazy.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Yes, that was great but the quality of the stories went downhill after he left.
    That I agree with, but I don't hold what later writers do against Wells. The 'Zeb Wells complete collection' ends with issue 21. Everything after that is other people.

Extraordinary Member

Vita Ayala is indeed continuing to write New Mutants and the book isn't getting relaunched or renumbered.

X-Men: Marvel Brings Back Madelyne Pryor in New Mutants arc 'The Labors of Magik'

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Vita Ayala is indeed continuing to write New Mutants and the book isn't getting relaunched or renumbered.

X-Men: Marvel Brings Back Madelyne Pryor in New Mutants arc 'The Labors of Magik'

Thanks for sharing! Totally makes sense that Madelyne would show up here after the book spent so much time going over clone rights.

Did this just spoil that Magik is the Sorcerer Supreme after Death of Doctor Strange?
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 10-19-2021 at 02:43 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Thanks for sharing! Totally makes sense that Madelyne would show up here after the book spent so much time going over clone rights.

Did this just spoil that Magik is the Sorcerer Supreme after Death of Doctor Strange?
    Possibly. The fact that Magik is the sorcerer supreme of Limbo to begin with means there's a good chance that's all the solicit means. The cover is also not a definite confirmation of anything.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post

The cover looks awesome, it's about time that New Mutants got a new arc. The Shadow King's arc was too long drawn out and it still hasn't ended yet.
    Last edited by ericng; 10-20-2021 at 01:30 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    The only reason Genesis parlayed with Annihilation is because Isca begged her to, which happened after her “talk” with White Sword. If anything, she probably told him he was weak for keeping his enslaved Champions stuck in a constant, torturous life-and-death cycle.

This isn’t some monsters-of-the-week invasion, this is like living in the middle of a never-ending Annihilation Wave. If Krakoa lost, none of Earth’s heroes would’ve been able to stop Amenth (something we saw played out in Saturnyne’s vision).
    Weak? From a mutant who called herself stronger than Apocalypse? Calling WS to 'free' 100 mutants that she and Apoc herself sent to Amenth as the vanguard before going in themselves is so unlikely ,it's honestly ridiculous. Nah it is more likely she wanted him to parlay with Annihilation.