Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    I never had too much problem with the "one at a time" thing, it was not knowing what she was going to get ahead of time. Once, when she tried to conjure up alien passport documents, she got bribery documents instead. What if someone's fear was a nuclear bomb going off? She had the power. She could create both explosives and high tech machines she couldn't understand. She could have wiped out a city without even realizing it.

I don't mind the idea of solid "illusions", as long as they start off insubstantial and aren't easy to do. (I'm not a big fan of ever escalating feats.)
    Fortunately one of the limitations of her solid illusions was that they would only be able to function if she or someone in range of powers knew how the thing work otherwise it was just an empty shell.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Explain the ice machine, then. I seriously doubt anyone knew how that Kirbyesque bit of tech worked.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    At its core, Dani's powers are illusion based. They need to just lean into that bc I could see her having the potential to be like Mastermind. The psychic arrow is a cool evolution of her powers but its an offensive power that tends to be used lazily with no creativity. There is more to mine with the illusions and how she uses those strategically to tackle situations

Its a shame they have done nothing with her as a Valkyrie and her connection to death in the current Krakoa era. Those powers would be so fitting to explore now.

Yeah, you're right. The 'solidification of construct' written on the text page and Karma controlling it through synergy isn't quite realistic.

Dani's powers should be like Mastermind, creating illusions and images. No writer has explored this aspect of Dani's powers yet.

Karma's secondary mutation should be telekinesis because her mental powers is useless against robots who don't have a brain. Previous writers also gave Karma telepathic powers but the current writers seem to have forgotten about it.

Mighty Member

I never had too much problem with the "one at a time" thing, it was not knowing what she was going to get ahead of time. Once, when she tried to conjure up alien passport documents, she got bribery documents instead. What if someone's fear was a nuclear bomb going off? She had the power. She could create both explosives and high tech machines she couldn't understand. She could have wiped out a city without even realizing it.

I don't mind the idea of solid "illusions", as long as they start off insubstantial and aren't easy to do. (I'm not a big fan of ever escalating feats.)
    Solid illusions can be quite dangerous as you said, that would make her an omega mutant if she can conjure any objects including a black hole.

As another forummer here said, it would be better if they make her similar to Lady Mastermind which can create illusions which are less harmful.
    Last edited by ericng; 10-08-2021 at 06:40 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yes because we need Karma to be less unique than other psi-characters like Jean and QQ.
    There's nothing wrong with having another telekinesis/telepath.

If every team can have a Wolverine, why not a telekinesis/telepath as well? Karma's unique power is mind control so adding an extra mental power suits her power just right.

If Dani & Sunspot can have secondary mutation , why not Karma?

Mighty Member

It's disingenuous as **** to pretend like Wolverines are anywhere near as universal as telepaths. At the best you got 4 wolverines at any time.

There's at least 10 telepaths with the exact same power set

If you wanna given Karma a secondary mutation, don't give her the Superman of X-men powers.

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    A war that they lost, that their strongest leader became the controlled vassel puppet of a demonic mask and had to be brought to Heel by the krakoans they so often look down upon.

Hell the Horsemen were called charlatains and frauds by White Sword for their innate cowardliness. But people keep pretending like Arrako's hot ****.

They talk a big game, but their record speaks for itself, and it aint great.
    A war they lost after,,, *checks notes* a millennium? And their record of winning is what cost them, not their inability to fight. Their strongest leader took down the leader of Amenth and inherited unfathomable power. Arakko had only fallen for a hundred years after spending how long saving Earth and mutantkind by throwing themselves into an entire dimension ruled by their enemy?

And White Sword is a lunatic who attacked Genesis after she asked for help.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    A war they lost after,,, *checks notes* a millennium? And their record of winning is what cost them, not their inability to fight. Their strongest leader took down the leader of Amenth and inherited unfathomable power. Arakko had only fallen for a hundred years after spending how long saving Earth and mutantkind by throwing themselves into an entire dimension ruled by their enemy?

Although it is not explicitly stated what words were exchanged between Genesis and WS.Because right after her defeat at his hands, she went to Amenth and fought Annihilation..it's not implausible to claim she asked him first to go parley in Amenth and fight Annihilation to claim the mask and end the war. He refused and gave her an ass whoopin for considering such treachery, no lunacy here

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    It's disingenuous as **** to pretend like Wolverines are anywhere near as universal as telepaths. At the best you got 4 wolverines at any time.

There's at least 10 telepaths with the exact same power set

If you wanna given Karma a secondary mutation, don't give her the Superman of X-men powers.
    Especially given that the "Wolverines" *ARE NOT* one and the same. Hell, two of them really aren't clones of the orginal one.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    There's nothing wrong with having another telekinesis/telepath.

If every team can have a Wolverine, why not a telekinesis/telepath as well? Karma's unique power is mind control so adding an extra mental power suits her power just right.

If Dani & Sunspot can have secondary mutation , why not Karma?
    Her genes/biology?

Incredible Member

Explain the ice machine, then. I seriously doubt anyone knew how that Kirbyesque bit of tech worked.
    Especially the idiot who came up with it and the plot that featured it.

Incredible Member

Yeah, you're right. The 'solidification of construct' written on the text page and Karma controlling it through synergy isn't quite realistic.

Dani's powers should be like Mastermind, creating illusions and images. No writer has explored this aspect of Dani's powers yet.

Karma's secondary mutation should be telekinesis because her mental powers is useless against robots who don't have a brain. Previous writers also gave Karma telepathic powers but the current writers seem to have forgotten about it.
    They haven't forgotten about it, they realized she's a weak telepath like Dani is.

I wouldnt say no writer has. It was explored in X-Force 75

Her illusion was life like enough to make Selene feel as if it was real and touching her

Also in that issue, she used her psychic powers to draw on Warpaths memories of his family to create an illusion of his family home and had him interacting with them as if they were there. Unfortunately most writers dont even go there with her but she has the skill to do some creative things with her illusion powers

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

The people of earth face hordes of world ending monsters at least once a year, the Arraki had multiple immortal omegas can could handle some brain dead demons.
    Immortal in the Force.

I choose to believe she got creative with her design, but it was basically a overpowered air conditioner.
    Immortal in the Force.