Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    But he’s 23 he will never have a build for red hood and once the public sees this and become receptive it’s unlikely he will get the role
    That's the problem with "Dawson Casting".

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Pretty much this. As much as I REALLY disliked Jason from the start (though not as much as Hank and Dawn), Curran was a good fit. He's pretty much exactly what you'd expect from a modern take on Jason as Robin since him being the "problem child" is kinda the thing folks like to cling to.

...But then the Red Hood stuff started. And I guess for what they're doing with Red Hood, he's still a good fit. But God. What they're doing is horrible. I was really looking forward to seeing his transition from Robin to Red Hood, just because I was curious about whether or not this actor could pull it off. Not only did they totally drop the ball on that plot, but it's the main fucking plot of the season lol
    I don't enjoy criticising people's work, because* I bet they worked the best they could but... Writing has been awful since season 2 onwards. And not because of what they did with Jason, which, arguably, are just plot choices that I don't like as a fan. The writing has other issues.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-06-2021 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I don't enjoy criticising people's work, becuae I bet they worked the best they could but... Writing has been awful since season 2 onwards. And not because of what they did with Jason, which, arguably, are just plot choices that I don't like as a fan. The writing has other issues.
    Eh. Working hard on something shouldn't mean it can't or shouldn't be torn apart if someone has genuine gripes with it.

As an aspiring screenwriter, I put my heart into each and every one of my scripts. Whether it's completely original stuff that I intend to sell one day, or something based on an already existing IP that I'd pretty much only be doing for fun, I work my ass off until I have something I'm proud of. But that doesn't mean it should be free from criticism if it's crap.

And crap is what a good chunk of Titans has been in Season 3. Some of those issues are directly tied to the little bitch boy that they turned Jason Todd into, but most stem from the fact that this supposed Titans show treats the Titans like side characters to the Batfamily. I could forgive a lot of season 2 (except for its issues towards the end) because I think it still managed to be a pretty fun Titans show. But Season 3 is only ever enjoyable when we get a break from the main plot!

And don't get me started on taking Babs' role as Oracle and giving it to fucking Brother Eye!
    Last edited by Blue22; 10-06-2021 at 11:13 PM.

Eh. Working hard on something shouldn't mean it can't or shouldn't be torn apart if someone has genuine gripes with it.

As an aspiring screenwriter, I put my heart into each and every one of my scripts. Whether it's completely original stuff that I intend to sell one day, or something based on an already existing IP that I'd pretty much only be doing for fun, I work my ass off until I have something I'm proud of. But that doesn't mean it should be free from criticism if it's crap.

And crap is what a good chunk of Titans has been in Season 3. Some of those issues are directly tied to the little bitch boy that they turned Jason Todd into, but most stem from the fact that this supposed Titans show treats the Titans like side characters to the Batfamily. I could forgive a lot of season 2 (except for its issues towards the end) because I think it still managed to be a pretty fun Titans show. But Season 3 is only ever enjoyable when we get a break from the main plot!

And don't get me started on taking Babs' role as Oracle and giving it to fucking Brother Eye!
    I just don't enjoy being too critical. It's a personal issue. The writing has had several issues, like for example his abysmal pacing, which is all over the place; sometimes the show moves at snail's pace and some others is neckbreaking. Another issue is, the take on each character, which is, again, a mess consistence wise not counting some general kept traits: a characher behaves this way in this episode, then behaves the opposite two episodes later regarding the very same issue but with other character. Oh, credibility is also a big issue: the show forgives some character doing some not so good thing because they're these certain heroic characters (who are in some cases real jerks, honestly), but don't forgive others because they're mean to be the bad guys (and sure they are doing bad stuff, because they're bad guys, get it? Reasons are not needed ever): talk about expectations and expecting the audience to be people with some sort of amnesia and not much of a critical thinking. And then, dramatic build up and emotional impact are ridiculous: I still can't believe the episode in which Dick took over his name and the story behind felt so much like a B movie from the 80's; the reason why sometimes it all feels so forced and overly dramatic.

It sounds harsh coming from me, someone who doesn't even work as a writer, who's just someone from the audience. But it is how I feel, strong as it may sound.

I just prefeer to talk about how much I like Doom Patrol, honestly. Because that show is doing well so many things.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-07-2021 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    It sounds harsh coming from me, someone who doesn't even work as a writer, who's just someone from the audience. But it is how I feel, strong as it may sound.
    And that's totally fine. As a member of this show's audience, the very people that it's made for, it's your job to express how you feel about what you just watched. Regardless of how positive or negative those feelings are. You don't have to be a five star chef to know when someone's cooking doesn't taste right. And you don't have to be a writer/showrunner to know when a show isn't doing a good job with something. That rings especially true if you're a member of that show's target audience.
    Last edited by Blue22; 10-07-2021 at 12:39 AM.

And that's totally fine. As a member of this show's audience, the very people that it's made for, it's your job to express how you just watched. Regardless of how positive or negative those feelings are. You don't have to be a five star chef to know when someone's cooking doesn't taste right. And you don't have to be a writer/showrunner to know when a show isn't doing a good job with something. That rings especially true if you're a member of that show's target audience.
    Huh, never though about that, but you have a very good point.

screenshots of sneak peeks at the Batfamily's costumes in the teaser trailer.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

The titans actor bout to get his feelings hurt
    I doubt he cares what a bunch of comic fans on an online forum think.

But he’s 23 he will never have a build for red hood and once the public sees this and become receptive it’s unlikely he will get the role
    Most actors do not have the build for comic characters. Fans should not expect actors to look exactly like the characters they are playing. Jon Berthal is much shorter than how the Punisher is often depicted and he turned in a great performance.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post

screenshots of sneak peeks at the Batfamily's costumes in the teaser trailer.
    Ugh. These are beautiful! And it makes me even sadder that they go with Cass' Orphan persona. I want a live action Batgirl Cass costume!
    Last edited by Blue22; 10-07-2021 at 12:46 AM.

Astonishing Member

This thread is pathetic. Interesting casting for Tim/Dick.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Ugh. These are beautiful! And it makes me even sadder that they go with Cass' Orphan persona. I want a live action Batgirl Cass costume!
    Yeah, feels like a waste to not use her Batgirl costume but I felt the same about the comic.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    That's the problem with "Dawson Casting".
    Well the other proablem is casting teenagers in r rated material that limits the violence and content and restricts filming schedules
    Which is a partial reason to not much raven

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I doubt he cares what a bunch of comic fans on an online forum think.

Most actors do not have the build for comic characters. Fans should not expect actors to look exactly like the characters they are playing. Jon Berthal is much shorter than how the Punisher is often depicted and he turned in a great performance.
    Yes he does, he’s already corrected/lied that he’s 6ft.

Does anyone have the true dimensions of a superhero. Very few, however their is no illusion with this red hood. He shorter the beastboy. Some actors will build themselves to continually stay in a role, That twilight actor Taylo lautner is good example. Christian bale is another. Actors are casted with regard to how they appear around each other. It’s all very deliberate in the MCU

Yes he does, he’s already corrected/lied that he’s 6ft.
    When?

Does anyone have the true dimensions of a superhero. Very few, however their is no illusion with this red hood. He shorter the beastboy. Some actors will build themselves to continually stay in a role, That twilight actor Taylo lautner is good example. Christian bale is another. Actors are casted with regard to how they appear around each other. It’s all very deliberate in the MCU
    What illusion? Most of the time, Jason's height aren't even consistent.

If very few people have the dimensions of a superhero, then frankly fans have no leg to stand on when they complain about him not being tall enough to play Jason, a character who isn't exactly always depicted as exceptionally tall, if he ever has been. If you're going to focus solely on a character's height when it comes to casting, you're going to find yourself with a limited pool of actors. Most people don't give a damn how tall Jason is or isn't. Just as how most didn't care that Wolverine in the live action movies was taller than Cyclops.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 10-10-2021 at 12:37 AM.

Incredible Member

This is the first time hearing about "Wayne family adventures" so I don't know what to expect, but I am really happy for the team at Ismahawk for landing this gig. For those curious, they are a team of filmmakers and actors who has, as mentioned, done a couple of short films and a Nightwing series on their youtube channel. As well a podcast discussing all things nerdy.
    It seems like they are moving up in the world and I hope this turns out good.