Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Soooo....the trailer was supposed to drop today. And instead, Ismahawk has deleted all traces of this series from their social media and youtube accounts. The fuck?

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Cool DC needs more fluff
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Soooo....the trailer was supposed to drop today. And instead, Ismahawk has deleted all traces of this series from their social media and youtube accounts. The fuck?
    I'm starting to think it wasn't an official thing and they got issued or something.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Why do that today when DCFandome is next week?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I'm starting to think it wasn't an official thing and they got issued or something.
    That seems to be the case.

https://www.comicsbeat.com/batman-wa...on-adaptation/

Yoshi Sudarso (Dick's actor) just posted something about Agent 37. So I'm hoping that's some kind of hint that things aren't cancelled.

What's crazy is outlets like Comics Beat reported on the series like it was official, and instead of putting out a new article clarifying things and taking down the original one, they just tacked on an update that went under the radar. It's been 3 whole days since Ismahawk clarified it was an unofficial series, and we're the first ones to really talk about it that I've seen on the internet lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ameerha View Post
    Well, a pity, but I can't say it surprises me. It would've been wild, for a team made of fans. Too nice to be true. When you do fan stuff, you need to always make it crystal clear that it is unnoficial fanwork. If not, things get as messy as they've got this time.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-12-2021 at 12:28 PM. Reason: I hate my fingers

Looks like Ismahawk took down every trace of this adaptation of his social media. The tease trailer is down on the YT Channel, no more picture of the behind the scenes on their instagram. No mention of the series on Twitter.

I guess their dream was short lived.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Well, I hope those suits see the light of day somehow.

Extraordinary Member

I was by this weekend and commercials for this lil comci is all over time square??

Since when does DC go that hard for comics?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I was by this weekend and commercials for this lil comci is all over time square??

Since when does DC go that hard for comics?
    Gotta think Webtoon is handling all the marketing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Gotta think Webtoon is handling all the marketing.
    and have you ever seen a webtoon marketed outside of youtube and spam headers? Nah that's WB money if its in time square

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    and have you ever seen a webtoon marketed outside of youtube and spam headers? Nah that's WB money if its in time square
    From 2019:

WEBTOON COMICS PLATFORM RUNNING MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR AD CAMPAIGN ON TV, WEB, IN THEATERS, AND OUTDOOR
    Digital comics platform Webtoon is running a major U.S. ad campaign across multiple media this year in order to show that "…reading comics is a very normal thing to do," Webtoon Head of Content David Lee told ICv2. "It’s just like reading a book, or watching TV, or watching streaming shows." The Webtoon platform was founded in the U.S. in 2014 by Korean counterpart Naver Webtoon and is now making a big play to expand its audience.

The ad campaign, which began in July, is running on television on AMC, CW, VH1, MTV, Freeform, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, and Comedy Central; on streamers Hulu and YouTube; outdoor in high profile locations such as Times Square and Penn Plaza in New York City and the Beverly Center in Los Angeles; and in theaters before blockbusters such as Spider-Man: Far from Home, Lion King, and Hobbs and Shaw. The campaign will continue through the end of the year.

https://twitter.com/croc_block/statu...13775117766657
    Ismahawk has completely scrubbed their social media of all trace of the live action WFA project, and the actor for Nightwing just tweeted this out…

I think DC just put out a cease and desist order for their own project…

What the hell? This was an AMATEUR production? They had known actors in the cast (the Sudarso brothers at least), who should know how a professional production works and the difference between that and fanfiction. This should've been cease and desisted before we even knew about it by the sounds of things. What a poopshow.

I wonder then, if Wayne Family Adventures will wind up being DC's first and LAST work together. It's not a great thing for their relationship is it?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman