Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Sometimes, the spider-sense can work like that in instances of extreme danger, and considering that Beyond Corp is a front for multidimensional horrors that love sadistically toying with other worlds, "extreme danger" might be a massive understatement.
    Agreed, could be cool

finally read this

went in with no expectations, really enjoyed it

the writing showed the differences between the peter and ben while still hitting the notes to remind us they're the same guy, just with different arcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    4) Ben and Peter both going to swing where "there's never any traffic."
    moments like that, the two of them naturally gravitating to the same "comfort food" to peter reading ben's face and knowing exactly what he was thinking to the two of them cracking the same joke when they encounter the u foes, to finishing each other's sentences.

they're only tiny moments, but they say a lot. mixing those mirror moments with the more antagonistic ones made this one of the best portrayals (for me) of these two peters.
    troo fan or death

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    finally read this

went in with no expectations, really enjoyed it

the writing showed the differences between the peter and ben while still hitting the notes to remind us they're the same guy, just with different arcs.

moments like that, the two of them naturally gravitating to the same "comfort food" to peter reading ben's face and knowing exactly what he was thinking to the two of them cracking the same joke when they encounter the u foes, to finishing each other's sentences.

they're only tiny moments, but they say a lot. mixing those mirror moments with the more antagonistic ones made this one of the best portrayals (for me) of these two peters.
    Check out #76 when you can. It’s even better in terms of Peter/Ben moments.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Check out #76 when you can. It’s even better in terms of Peter/Ben moments.
    will do, though i'm guessing it won't be out in my part of the world till next week. always happy to read spoilers though
    troo fan or death

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    will do, though i'm guessing it won't be out in my part of the world till next week. always happy to read spoilers though
    It’s on comixology if you’re okay with digital comics. But spoilers:
    Peter gives Ben his blessing to be Spider-Man as he lays dying in the hospital. Good exchanges between the two.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    It’s on comixology if you’re okay with digital comics. But spoilers:
    Peter gives Ben his blessing to be Spider-Man as he lays dying in the hospital. Good exchanges between the two.
    end of spoilers
    tempting, but i partly want to have an in hand copy for nostalgia but also wanting to support my local store which i'm sure would be struggling thanks to lockdown and covid.

spoiler sounds great, looking forward to it. thanks
    troo fan or death

Late to the party I know, but finally got a chance to read it.

So in the beginning we see May walking with a young Peter, and he's chewing and blowing gum. I found it really sweet to see, and thought what a sweet memory. It's like Ben said later in the issue- "My memories might not be real, but they're real to me."- and then I thought about the memory with May & Uncle Ben again.. I don't know, I just found it sweet and sad at the same time.

Really loved the issue and that Peter was grieving for Harry, wanting to be alone and not thinking and just swing, and Ben having the exact same idea. MJ telling him at some point he has to process it. Loved the talk Peter & Ben had at the café, and now poor Peter is hurt really bad.

Did also love the humour that they both told the same joke to the villains

Looking forward to #76