Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Default Top ten DC female villains?

1. Cheetah
    2. Poison Ivy (tenuous do to the fact that they seem to be turning her more heroic)
    3. Talia Al Ghul
    4. Giganta
    5. Killer Frost
    6. Punchline (it’s a shame that she is so new and already so high on this list)
    7. Granny Goodness
    8. Live Wire
    9. Black fire
    10. Emerald Empress

It was hard for me to think of many that weren’t more antiheroes then true villains.

1. Cheetah/Barbara Minerva

2. Circe

3. Morgan Le Fay

4. Blackfire/Komand'r

5. Tigress/Artemis Crock

6. Giganta

7. Cheshire

8. Granny Goodness

9. Female Furies (Lashina, Mad Harriet, Stompa, Bernadeth)

10. Red Claw

I have to agree that it was hard to name villains who are evil-evil and not morally gray. Even Cheshire is kind of a stretch. The other hard part was not having it dominated by WW and the Female Furies from the New Gods.

Honorable mentions to Livewire, Ursa, Faora, Silver Banshee, Magenta, Volcana and Rampage.

Lots of underrated or under utilized female villainessses that could use some love too.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    1. Cheetah/Barbara Minerva

2. Circe

3. Morgan Le Fay

4. Blackfire/Komand'r

5. Tigress/Artemis Crock

6. Giganta

7. Cheshire

8. Granny Goodness

9. Female Furies (Lashina, Mad Harriet, Stompa, Bernadeth)

10. Red Claw

I have to agree that it was hard to name villains who are evil-evil and not morally gray. Even Cheshire is kind of a stretch. The other hard part was not having it dominated by WW and the Female Furies from the New Gods.

Honorable mentions to Livewire, Ursa, Faora, Silver Banshee, Magenta, Volcana and Rampage.

Lots of underrated or under utilized female villainessses that could use some love too.
    Looks at Qurac.

You sure about that?

Retired

The problem with female villains (and male ones, too) is that, if they're popular, they transition into anti-heroes and then outright heroes.

I would have picked Catwoman and Harley Quinn--but maybe now no one remembers them as villains. Surprised Poison Ivy isn't thought to be a hero, also. Talia (no last name) was introduced as an anti-hero. She always straddled the line, unlike Deathstroke who was full on villain--but I guess he's a good guy now. Moral relativism is popular these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    The problem with female villains (and male ones, too) is that, if they're popular, they transition into anti-heroes and then outright heroes.

I would have picked Catwoman and Harley Quinn--but maybe now no one remembers them as villains. Surprised Poison Ivy isn't thought to be a hero, also. Talia (no last name) was introduced as an anti-hero. She always straddled the line, unlike Deathstroke who was full on villain--but I guess he's a good guy now. Moral relativism is popular these days.
    Deathstroke hasn't been portrayed as a good guy since the 90s.

Extraordinary Member

Nice lists by OP and the 2nd post. This was a challenge to think of female villains.

Emerald Empress is probably my favorite because I'm a Legion fan.

The only additions I could think of were Phobia from New Teen Titans, Glorith from Legion, and Ig'nea from L.E.G.I.O.N. They were all interesting characters and all pretty powerful.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

1. Cheetah (both Barbara Minerva and Priscilla Rich)
    2. Circe
    3. Giganta
    4. Granny Goodness
    5. Blackfire
    6. Veronica Cale
    7. The Female Furies
    8. Glorianna Tenebrae
    9. post-Morrison Talia (never cared for her beforehand)
    10. Emerald Empress

1. Cheetah
    2. Giganta
    3. Female Furies (esp. Lashina, Stompa, and Bernadeth)
    4. Circe
    5. Queen Clea
    6. Blue Snowman
    7. Poison Ivy
    8. Doctor Cyber
    9. Phantasm
    10. Granny Goodness

Honorable mentions: Catwoman, Emerald Empress, Orca, Silver Banshee, Lady Viper, and pretty much every WW villain ever (Zara, Silver Swan, Dr. Poison, Medusa, Veronica Cale, et al).

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Cheetah(Pick one...)
    Giganta
    Dr. Poison II
    Silver Banshee
    Star Sapphire(Deborah Darnell from the SSOSV)
    Granny Goodness
    Maxima
    Queen Clea
    Lashina
    Queen Bee(Zazalla)
    Siren(Mera's sister)

Honorable Mention: Aunt Minerva
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    1. Cheetah
    2. Giganta
    3. Female Furies (esp. Lashina, Stompa, and Bernadeth)
    4. Circe
    5. Queen Clea
    6. Blue Snowman
    7. Poison Ivy
    8. Doctor Cyber
    9. Phantasm
    10. Granny Goodness

Honorable mentions: Catwoman, Emerald Empress, Orca, Silver Banshee, Lady Viper, and pretty much every WW villain ever (Zara, Silver Swan, Dr. Poison, Medusa, Veronica Cale, et al).
    I probably would amend mine to include Catwoman and Ivy, it's hard to tell how villainous everyone views them these days so I left them out Harley would be there if we're just talking BTAS/Dini Harley, but most takes after that not so much. And Phantasm needs more love, wish I remembered her.

Also yes, every female WW villain not mentioned in my first list would fall into the "honorable mention" category for me too.

Retired

Oh brother, I can't get no lovin' around here.

I thought one of you would give me an amen. Catwoman and Harley Quinn did start out as villains. And they are two of the most popular characters. These are objective facts. But I see that's where I went wrong. I thought it was a question of who are the top characters as a matter of fact, not favourites.

Favourite-wise--other than Catwoman (or other Bat-villainesses)--I'd have to go with Aunt Minerva, Plastique, Tala, the Blonde Tigress, Star Sapphire III, Golden Glider, Queen Hyathis, Miss Gzptlsnz, Nryana, Zara of the Crimson Flame.

1. Circe
    2. Cheetah
    3. Poison Ivy
    4. Killer Frost
    5. Giganta
    6. Female Furies
    7. Queen Clea
    8. Doctor Poison
    9. Star Sapphire
    10. Silver Swan

Yeah, Wonder Woman has the best female villains, unsurprisingly.

Ultimate Member

It's interesting to me how some heroes have a fair number of interesting lady villains, and others, not so much.

Superman has Maxima, Live Wire, Silver Banshee and Faora/Ursa, none of them really 'top 10' worthy, though.
    Batman has Catwoman, Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy and Talia al-Ghul, half or more of whom are practically heroes already and / or have ridden the Bat Pole.
    Wonder Woman has Circe, Cheetah, Giganta, Silver Swan and Dr. Poison.
    Green Lantern has... Star Sapphire? I guess any prominent Yellow or Red Lanterns might count, but I don't really know any off the top of my head that aren't dudes like Atrocitus or Sinestro.
    Flash has... Golden Glider?
    Firestorm, practically forgotten as a hero, has both Plastique and Killer Frost, which is pretty impressive.

And then there's the lady villains who challenge teams, or as part of teams, and not individual heroes, like Phobia, Shimmer, Jinx, the Female Furies, Ultrawoman, Saturn Queen, Glorith, Blackfire, Queen Bee, Granny Goodness or the Emerald Empress, but only some of the latter might qualify as top 10 worthy.

Astonishing Member

1. Circe
    2. Female Furies
    3. Blackfire
    4. Cheshire
    5. Cheetah
    6. Star Sapphire
    7. Silver Banshee
    8. Glorith
    9. Morgaine LeFay
    10. Grail

Lady Shiva? Amanda Waller? Queen of Fables? (I loved her on the Harley Quinn Cartoon lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It's interesting to me how some heroes have a fair number of interesting lady villains, and others, not so much.

Superman has Maxima, Live Wire, Silver Banshee and Faora/Ursa, none of them really 'top 10' worthy, though.
    Batman has Catwoman, Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy and Talia al-Ghul, half or more of whom are practically heroes already and / or have ridden the Bat Pole.
    Wonder Woman has Circe, Cheetah, Giganta, Silver Swan and Dr. Poison.
    Green Lantern has... Star Sapphire? I guess any prominent Yellow or Red Lanterns might count, but I don't really know any off the top of my head that aren't dudes like Atrocitus or Sinestro.
    Flash has... Golden Glider?
    Firestorm, practically forgotten as a hero, has both Plastique and Killer Frost, which is pretty impressive.

And then there's the lady villains who challenge teams, or as part of teams, and not individual heroes, like Phobia, Shimmer, Jinx, the Female Furies, Ultrawoman, Saturn Queen, Glorith, Blackfire, Queen Bee, Granny Goodness or the Emerald Empress, but only some of the latter might qualify as top 10 worthy.
    Flash also has Blacksmith.

Sinestro Corps. has Lyssa Drak and the Reds have Bleez.