Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Default Top ten DC female villains?

1. Cheetah
    2. Poison Ivy (tenuous do to the fact that they seem to be turning her more heroic)
    3. Talia Al Ghul
    4. Giganta
    5. Killer Frost
    6. Punchline (it’s a shame that she is so new and already so high on this list)
    7. Granny Goodness
    8. Live Wire
    9. Black fire
    10. Emerald Empress

It was hard for me to think of many that weren’t more antiheroes then true villains.

1. Cheetah/Barbara Minerva

2. Circe

3. Morgan Le Fay

4. Blackfire/Komand'r

5. Tigress/Artemis Crock

6. Giganta

7. Cheshire

8. Granny Goodness

9. Female Furies (Lashina, Mad Harriet, Stompa, Bernadeth)

10. Red Claw

I have to agree that it was hard to name villains who are evil-evil and not morally gray. Even Cheshire is kind of a stretch. The other hard part was not having it dominated by WW and the Female Furies from the New Gods.

Honorable mentions to Livewire, Ursa, Faora, Silver Banshee, Magenta, Volcana and Rampage.

Lots of underrated or under utilized female villainessses that could use some love too.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    1. Cheetah/Barbara Minerva

2. Circe

3. Morgan Le Fay

4. Blackfire/Komand'r

5. Tigress/Artemis Crock

6. Giganta

7. Cheshire

8. Granny Goodness

9. Female Furies (Lashina, Mad Harriet, Stompa, Bernadeth)

10. Red Claw

I have to agree that it was hard to name villains who are evil-evil and not morally gray. Even Cheshire is kind of a stretch. The other hard part was not having it dominated by WW and the Female Furies from the New Gods.

Honorable mentions to Livewire, Ursa, Faora, Silver Banshee, Magenta, Volcana and Rampage.

Lots of underrated or under utilized female villainessses that could use some love too.
    Looks at Qurac.

You sure about that?

Retired

The problem with female villains (and male ones, too) is that, if they're popular, they transition into anti-heroes and then outright heroes.

I would have picked Catwoman and Harley Quinn--but maybe now no one remembers them as villains. Surprised Poison Ivy isn't thought to be a hero, also. Talia (no last name) was introduced as an anti-hero. She always straddled the line, unlike Deathstroke who was full on villain--but I guess he's a good guy now. Moral relativism is popular these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    The problem with female villains (and male ones, too) is that, if they're popular, they transition into anti-heroes and then outright heroes.

I would have picked Catwoman and Harley Quinn--but maybe now no one remembers them as villains. Surprised Poison Ivy isn't thought to be a hero, also. Talia (no last name) was introduced as an anti-hero. She always straddled the line, unlike Deathstroke who was full on villain--but I guess he's a good guy now. Moral relativism is popular these days.
    Deathstroke hasn't been portrayed as a good guy since the 90s.

Extraordinary Member

Nice lists by OP and the 2nd post. This was a challenge to think of female villains.

Emerald Empress is probably my favorite because I'm a Legion fan.

The only additions I could think of were Phobia from New Teen Titans, Glorith from Legion, and Ig'nea from L.E.G.I.O.N. They were all interesting characters and all pretty powerful.