Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    To be fair that’s a pretty big leap in logic lol. Not every story those writers create deal with time travel. I’m looking forward to this event obviously but I generally reserve criticism until after I’ve read a story as well.
    I am not really too much enthusiased by this either. But that's a bit too judgemental from just a teaser. I found him amazing how much he loves to bash on this character time and again.

Technically if this is running through timeless then there is no time for it to be a time travel story. Im thinking it will be something like moira is a necessity and somehow her existing ties together time for the marvel u as resetting an entire universe is no small thing and must exist for some cosmic reason.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Honestly, if this doesn't mean retcons, what's the point?

I like Wolverine but I don't want to read about how he secretly stopped a boulder from falling on Baby Magneto all this time or whatever. That's too much wank.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Technically if this is running through timeless then there is no time for it to be a time travel story. Im thinking it will be something like moira is a necessity and somehow her existing ties together time for the marvel u as resetting an entire universe is no small thing and must exist for some cosmic reason.
    Thats sounds plausible. If thats Omega Red from teaser then it might be a story from current timeline but the current runs lacks the juice. A bit too lackluster to make an event from his curreny run.Either way the teaser only spoils about saving a character from past and future. Nothing aside from
    that has been explained

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Time travel, Phoenix, dystopian futures, and extinction plots are all on my list of X-plots that I'm generally over. In this case, the write-up really doesn't interest me as it does seem like a storyline forced to become an event. Not a 'hard pass', yet, but leaning that way. Maybe it'll reboot things after the end of Inferno, if it has a really destructive ending.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    *also are those Omega Red tentacles?*
    They look more like Death's bony fingers turned into tentacles to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Thats sounds plausible. If thats Omega Red from teaser then it might be a story from current timeline but the current runs lacks the juice. A bit too lackluster to make an event from his curreny run.Either way the teaser only spoils about saving a character from past and future. Nothing aside from
    that has been explained
    Honestly given the sinister/thunderbird x-gene thing and wolverine being the phoenix at the end of time i would not be surprised if it ended with moira xgene being implanted into wolverine as a final fail safe for the end of time. It also keeps time from resetting because wolverine is essentially immortal due to his healing factor. Its too easy to just shoot moira with a nuetralizing gun as i would think the xgene being disconnected may shock it into thinking she died and reset time.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Honestly given the sinister/thunderbird x-gene thing and wolverine being the phoenix at the end of time i would not be surprised if it ended with moira xgene being implanted into wolverine as a final fail safe for the end of time. It also keeps time from resetting because wolverine is essentially immortal due to his healing factor. Its too easy to just shoot moira with a nuetralizing gun as i would think the xgene being disconnected may shock it into thinking she died and reset time.
    Wait, hold on.

What if one of the lives saved/deaths caused is Thunderbird?

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Wait, hold on.

What if one of the lives saved/deaths caused is Thunderbird?
    That could be potentially huge as theoretically if thunderbird is alive there is no mutant sinister if there is no mutant sinister then he isnt on krakoa with the dna necessary for resurrection protocols.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Percy's run on Wolverine has been fine for me overall, so for me this books doesn't excite me, but i'm interested enought to read it. My best hope is that they retconned some of horrible stuff addes to Logan's backstory in tye 2000s but i won't be holding my breath.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    It's funny to me watching all these Wolverine haters get pressed over somethin they have no interest in... all those unnecessary gray hairs lol. Question for some of you tho... what other character do you think would fit better in this story and would have the same impact as having Logan? I saw somebody mention Tempest(who I'm having trouble even remembering who that is) and had a good laugh.
    It's a story made for Logan and shaped into this big thing IMO.
    But if we can boil it down to a time travel adventure through the past preventing deaths of important people then I can think of a few:-
    1)Mystique
    2)Hope Summers, mutant messiah and part of the younger gen leaning about history and secrets of mutants angle
    3)Cable
    4)Eva bell(Maybe, probably a co-star w/ hope,Heck maybe make it the 5)
    5)Apocalypse

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    It's not like the story was written and then they chose Logan because of his history. It's far more likely that they wanted to do a Wolverine event, so they built a story around him. Like of course the story won't work with other characters, it was specifically made for Wolverine. If they wanted to make it a Cyclops event, they would write a story about meeting long-lost siblings and having sex with telepaths.
    Pretty much

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Percy's run on Wolverine has been fine for me overall, so for me this books doesn't excite me, but i'm interested enought to read it. My best hope is that they retconned some of horrible stuff addes to Logan's backstory in tye 2000s but i won't be holding my breath.
    Could you elaborate on the horrible stuff added in the 2000's?

Astonishing Member

Maybe he gets own resetting powers. Lulz.

Anyway I don't think the previous timelines still exist, only some stuff may exist like reality glitches or ported over.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Could you elaborate on the horrible stuff added in the 2000's?
    He was made into a nazi, he was part of some camp with Japanese prisioners that tortured then in all horrible ways and he covered then, he created Nuke, he willingly join the Weapon X adamantium project, he has been manipulated all his life for an asshole called Romulus somehow, his motivation to join the X-Men was changed and generally just tell you the every good moment with Logan were lies, really Way and Loeb just shit all over the things we knew about him.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

He was made into a nazi, he was part of some camp with Japanese prisioners that tortured then in all horrible ways and he covered then, he created Nuke, he willingly join the Weapon X adamantium project, he has been manipulated all his life for an asshole called Romulus somehow, his motivation to join the X-Men was changed and generally just tell you the every good moment with Logan were lies, really Way and Loeb just shit all over the things we knew about him.
    I'm currently reading Wolverine Origins by Way... and yeah a pretty interesting turn that the X-Office took with Logan.

I mean he is pretty bad I mean he's pretty irredeemable. But with Secret Wars maybe Percy can retcon all of the Romulus stuff out

Mighty Member

Yeah, Way may be have been the worst Marvel writer, nothing he did was good.

Anyway. Wolverine hasn't had much of a spotlight for the last few years, i'm okay with him getting a big story as long as it's not a constant thing.