Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

I'd just like him to be portrayed by someone his comic book size in the movies. He has omega level macho thing going and is short, a characteristic that people think is emasculating. At least action figures and video games portray him better.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I'd just like him to be portrayed by someone his comic book size in the movies. He has omega level macho thing going and is short, a characteristic that people think is emasculating. At least action figures and video games portray him better.
    Thanks to Hugh Jackman the casual fan thinks he is tall and clean cut (He was not near as scruffy as Wolverine was at times in those movies) At least the 90's animated Cartoon had him as shorter then everyone else.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Yeah, he's portrayed as being way more powerful than he should be. No super strength. Can't fly. Just an angry guy with some claws, adamantium bones, and a healing factor.
    Here is a list of Powers and Abilities.

James Howlett (Earth-616)

Powers
    Superhuman Strength: Wolverine's reinforced skeleton allows him to withstand high levels of physical pressure. His strength is also boosted to enhanced levels, allowing him to briefly lift over 800 lbs.

Regenerative Healing Factor
    Contaminant Immunity
    Fatigue Resistance
    Decelerated Aging
    Telepathic Resistance
    Retractable Bone Claws
    Hot Claws
    Superhumanly Acute Senses
    Superhuman Hearing
    Superhuman Sight
    Superhuman Smell
    Superhuman Taste
    Superhuman Touch
    Superhuman Speed
    Superhuman Stamina
    Superhuman Durability
    Enhanced Reflexes and Agility
    Animal Empathy
    Former Powers
    Solipsistic Manipulation
    Omniscience
    Omnipotence

Phoenix Force
    Precognition
    Cosmic Pyrokinesis
    World-Destruction Capability
    Cosmic Knowledge
    Self-Resurrection
    Temporal Immunity

Chi Augmentation
    Chi Manipulation

Symbiotes
    When bonded to a symbiote, Logan possessed the powers provided by them which included:
    Superhuman Strength
    Superhuman Durability
    Superhuman Stamina
    Superhuman Speed
    Superhuman Agility
    Superhuman Reflexes
    Regenerative Healing Factor
    Constituent-Matter Generation
    Shapeshifting
    But also their weaknesses such as a vulnerability to heat and sonic based attacks.

Asgardian Claws

Abilities
    Skilled Tracker
    Above Normal Intelligence
    Expert Leader
    Master Martial Artist
    Weapons Expert
    Computer and Vehicles Expert
    Expert Assassin
    Multilingual

Paraphernalia
    Equipment
    Adamantium
    Adamantium Beta

Wolverine's Suit

Weapons
    Throughout his life, Wolverine has used a variety of bladed weapons, most frequently daggers and, at times, swords; as a samurai, he was especially skilled with the katana. He has also wielded many different types of firearms throughout his careers as a soldier, a mercenary, and a spy. While he was highly skilled with firearms and because of his perfect eyesight it is very difficult for him miss when firing a gun, he has stated on multiple occasions that he isn't fond of them and prefers to use bladed weapons, despite this, Wolverine used guns frequently after he lost his healing factor.

New Muramasa: After seeking out the ancient swordsmith whom created his prior blade, Wolverine now wields an all new enchanted Katana to participate in the battle for Krakoa.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/James...t_(Earth-616)#
    Last edited by mace11; 10-07-2021 at 02:49 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I meant strength wise Cap.Yeah he can damage soak well and has hax in Adamantium claws
    I think they have also said that Logan can lift more that Steve because of the adamantium laced bones...they will not break under the stress of heavy weight.

Edit...there it is above.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Or did writers merely start to depict him as he was originally created( a character who could challenge the Hulk and not die instantly)?
    He's the Bat God of the X-men, isn't he? If so, you can expect that whatever his abilities are will be magnified to ridiculous levels. Truth be told, it happens to quite a few popular characters. Modern era comics are just broken that way.

If Wolverine is capable of survive this:

yes, I would say he has become too powerful.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    If Wolverine is capable of survive this:

yes, I would say he has become too powerful.
    It does present quite the paradox, eh? I mean if Wolverine can reconstitute himself from complete incineration, why bother spending bazillions to lace his bones with adamantium? Is a fractured femur his lone Kryptonite? (Of course, we know why. The writers never originally intended for Wolverine, or his healing factor, to be that powerful. But here we are.)

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Is that much of a stretch though. Like I said Logan’s first appearance had him fighting the hulk. I’m pretty sure wading through gun fire should be nothing after that.
    It's been a long time since I read that Hulk issue, but I sort of remember a good chunk of it was Logan jumping and avoiding getting hit by the Hulk. Once Wolverine joined the X-Men, he actually got smacked around quite a bit for the first couple of dozen issues.

Wolverine to me has had relatively mild super strength. Maybe lifting a couple of tons or so. His adamantium skeleton makes him a lot more resistant to damage from getting hit by anything physical. His senses are superhuman, maybe more than Daredevil's. His healing factor is what varies wildly and is totally story dependent.

Outside of the claws, he seems like a very early Superman powerwise. Where he can be boosted is his experience with his abilities. He's been actively using them for decades and is demonstratively very good with them. One does not have to take his word on that.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Wolverine to me has had relatively mild super strength. Maybe lifting a couple of tons or so. His adamantium skeleton makes him a lot more resistant to damage from getting hit by anything physical. His senses are superhuman, maybe more than Daredevil's. His healing factor is what varies wildly and is totally story dependent.

Outside of the claws, he seems like a very early Superman powerwise. Where he can be boosted is his experience with his abilities. He's been actively using them for decades and is demonstratively very good with them. One does not have to take his word on that.
    Couldn't agree with you more. Snapping chains definitely counts for something (IMHO):

Last edited by K7P5V; 10-07-2021 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Yeah, he's portrayed as being way more powerful than he should be. No super strength. Can't fly. Just an angry guy with some claws, adamantium bones, and a healing factor. This started when Jeff Loeb had him regrow himself from a single cell after Nitro blew him up. The most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. I'm Canadian, and love the character, but some of the stuff he does goes way beyond what he should be able to do. His brain would be mush after some of the hits he's taken. Healing factor or not, there's only so much he should be able to take.
    The Hulk rattled his brain inside his skull multiple times during WW Hulk. In reality the Hulk would squash him like a bug if he didn’t stick and move which he usually does when he fights him. Ironically he never fights Thor. Probably because adamantium conducts electricity well and Thor could knock him out in just a few seconds. Wolverine is tough but he is nowhere near omega or in the league of the heavy hitters. Spider-Man would kick his ass and he’s not in their league. Peter is much stronger, faster and has more skill and agility. Plus he’s smarter. Like any character it depends on who is writing him. He’s a popular character so of course he’s going to be written to please.

It’s comics. He’s just popular. Stat drift is something that happens to several characters overtime.

Look at Spider-Man or Luke Cage. As Logan’s evolved he became far more impressive just like Batman or the Punisher etc.

His healing factor is stronger than it ever was. He’s become a better fighter because of his long lifespan, some writers have thrown in martial arts masteries that I don’t think for his style.

Than we’ve got the adamantium skeleton, which writers have coupled with his healing factor to make him close to immortal. I do kind of miss him as this shorter underdog character that just pushed through with effort and tenacity, but at his core I think he’s still the same dude. If you want to get super nit picky you could argue about the force he’d need to generate to slice some of those incredibly dense objects as cleanly as he does. Again, it’s comics all these A-list characters have these over the top feats.

I don’t acknowledge him being as strong or stronger than Captain America. He can be very strong for a person, but as far as the Marvel tiers go he should be high level human strength. He can be up there with Batman and Daredevil, but Cap, Winter soldier and BP are on a level beyond that. Than Spider-Man is on a level beyond that. Than you’ve got Luke Cage, mid-tiers, top tiers etc.
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    It's been a long time since I read that Hulk issue, but I sort of remember a good chunk of it was Logan jumping and avoiding getting hit by the Hulk. Once Wolverine joined the X-Men, he actually got smacked around quite a bit for the first couple of dozen issues.
    Thats because no one was in love with him yet. And certainly not Claremont and Cockrum. They found him nasty and, amazingly, useless. It wasn't until Byne came along that anyone saw any worth in him. I really don't always like what Byrne brought with it. He is not a good person.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Yeah he's pretty OP, I think it will be quite hard to revert him back.

He can come back from a single cell, is pretty ridiculous.

I know he was depowered in Wolverine Killable, but that was temporary

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

Yeah he's pretty OP, I think it will be quite hard to revert him back.

He can come back from a single cell, is pretty ridiculous.

I know he was depowered in Wolverine Killable, but that was temporary
    That was a specific case of a drop of his blood hitting that gem.