Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I really don't always like what Byrne brought with it. He is not a good person.
    Byrne or Logan?
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Here is a list of Powers and Abilities.

James Howlett (Earth-616)

Powers

Former Powers

Abilities

Paraphernalia

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/James...t_(Earth-616)#
    You forgot one. Popularity. It pretty much makes him invincible and unable to lose.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    You forgot one. Popularity. It pretty much makes him invincible and unable to lose.
    100% this.

Early on, Wolverine had reasonable and logical limitations. I recall reading somewhere that while his healing factor was really only supposed to be about 5x faster than a normal human. If it helps to process what that means, google the healing time for a normal human to recover from something like, say, a broken arm or a deep tissue laceration. Then do the math. Don't be shocked if you find out that by that standard Wolverine wouldn't heal instantly from most bodily traumas.

I also recall reading back in the day that his healing factor, while impressive, was not on the level of a supernatural creature like a werewolf or something like that. Wolverine was originally intended to heal much slower.

So the entire thing about him being able to reform from a single cell is next level favorite pet treatment. I'm not complaining, I just want to know why don't multiple versions of Wolverine then sprout up from a single drop of his blood like the mythical hydra? I mean he bleeds quite a bit, and I'm sure each droplet of blood contains its own biological impetus/catalyst/program to heal itself back into a full Wolvie. Maybe that has been explained somewhere? I welcome screenshots.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    100% this.

Early on, Wolverine had reasonable and logical limitations. I recall reading somewhere that while his healing factor was really only supposed to be about 5x faster than a normal human. If it helps to process what that means, google the healing time for a normal human to recover from something like, say, a broken arm or a deep tissue laceration. Then do the math. Don't be shocked if you find out that by that standard Wolverine wouldn't heal instantly from most bodily traumas.

I also recall reading back in the day that his healing factor, while impressive, was not on the level of a supernatural creature like a werewolf or something like that. Wolverine was originally intended to heal much slower.

So the entire thing about him being able to reform from a single cell is next level favorite pet treatment. I'm not complaining, I just want to know why don't multiple versions of Wolverine then sprout up from a single drop of his blood like the mythical hydra? I mean he bleeds quite a bit, and I'm sure each droplet of blood contains its own biological impetus/catalyst/program to heal itself back into a full Wolvie. Maybe that has been explained somewhere? I welcome screenshots.
    That was DC's Lobo, I recall. But he got neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

Yeah he's pretty OP, I think it will be quite hard to revert him back.

He can come back from a single cell, is pretty ridiculous.

I know he was depowered in Wolverine Killable, but that was temporary
    That was a specific case of a drop of his blood hitting that gem.
    I know, right?! Also, loved it when Logan remembered both Jean & the Phoenix Force (XD)

Last edited by K7P5V; 10-08-2021 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Corrected Grammatical Errors.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    If Wolverine is capable of survive this:

yes, I would say he has become too powerful.
    Quoted for simple truth.

Mighty Member

Wolverine was waaay more interesting when one could possibly kill him by cutting his throat. The thought was he would bleed out before his healing factor could save him. Once became Godverine, he became less interesting a character. Now he is so popular there are 7 versions of him running around but that's because Marvel is about branding more than just writing great stories and creating interesting new characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I'd just like him to be portrayed by someone his comic book size in the movies.
    How many 5'3" actors are there?
    Protex: “Tronix! Fluxus! What’s happening there? Zenturion? He’s only one man!”
    Superman: “The most… uh… dangerous man on earth…”
    — Superman on Batman, JLA #3 (Mar. 1997)

“He’s the most dangerous man alive in any comic universe.” — Wizard Magazine on Doctor Doom (Nov. 1998)

“[He’s] the most dangerous man in the Marvel universe, because his greatest weapon is the way he thinks and plans, his tremendous intellect.” — Tom Brevoort on T’Challa (Sep. 2010)

what happened to the heat claws power introduced in his resurrection? How often has that been used?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T'Challa Bruce Von Doom View Post
    Obviously, he doesn't have to precisely match height. I would argue anything between 5'0 and 5'7 would make sense. I'm sure there are plenty of actors since Marvel doesn't have to cast a known actor.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Mighty Member

This argument is similar to the Batman is too competent argument. Power creep and characters getting more powerful over time is common in comics, it happens to numerous characters, why is Wolverine now the poster boy for it being a problem? Even among the X-men many characters are getting massive upgrades in power and their fans are loving it. Everyone wants their personal fave to be an uber powerful omega level mutant who can curb stomp anyone, and God forbid if they have to struggle in a fight or actually lose. Wolverine may be more "powerful" now than when he was first introduced but in terms of the average power levels of MU characters he is low tier. Reality warpers, energy manipulators, telepaths, magic users, ect... he is nowhere near their level. All he has is a great healing factor and suddenly that is a bridge to far, that's the straw that broke the camel's back. I think there are plenty of other characters you can claim have become to powerful long before you get to Logan, but I suppose it's easier to single him out because he gets all the hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    If Wolverine is capable of survive this:

yes, I would say he has become too powerful.
    This became completely magical. I now the intention is making Wolverine basically a immortal or really hard to kill, but it became completely nosense when he can regenerate from only bones.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    This argument is similar to the Batman is too competent argument. Power creep and characters getting more powerful over time is common in comics, it happens to numerous characters, why is Wolverine now the poster boy for it being a problem? Even among the X-men many characters are getting massive upgrades in power and their fans are loving it. Everyone wants their personal fave to be an uber powerful omega level mutant who can curb stomp anyone, and God forbid if they have to struggle in a fight or actually lose. Wolverine may be more "powerful" now than when he was first introduced but in terms of the average power levels of MU characters he is low tier. Reality warpers, energy manipulators, telepaths, magic users, ect... he is nowhere near their level. All he has is a great healing factor and suddenly that is a bridge to far, that's the straw that broke the camel's back. I think there are plenty of other characters you can claim have become to powerful long before you get to Logan, but I suppose it's easier to single him out because he gets all the hate.
    You pretty much said what I was going to, you beat on time kudos.
    Truth is that people miss the point. What they should always ask themselves is not "is Wolverine/ Batman too powerful" but " why in their solos they are depicted a way and in textbook in another?"( Not just in power level by the way ).
    Because there lie the one of the crux of the question.
    And the main issue with fandom in general. We want heroes to cover all possible roles in all possible genre: chambarra, noir, Western , spaghetti Western, gangster, romance, pulp adventure and space opera, wuxia and user destructive martial battles, fantasy and science fiction. Grit and toon comedy. Forgetting that the whole reality's rules of those genres( and as consequences power leve) are so different that mix matching without adapting you get....
    That scene in superfriends where superman carry the batmobile with Batman and Robin in it because otherwise they would be too slow to keep up!
    In other words...
    Wolverine healing factor had been boosted, as many many character's abilities, because he has been made facing challenges that he won 't survive without. You don't want Wolverine regrow from an explosion? Oh easy don't have someone like him whose main offensive ability is close effin combat, attack in close combat human explosion! Don't have him fight giant murderbots that can destroy building every week( given the sliding timeline, I think that xmen fought a sentinel each week!) Don't have him fight the frigging Hulk! Or jump on a explosive kid robot to contain the explosion! Or being thrown from miles of height by a brood possessed rogue

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by T'Challa Bruce Von Doom View Post
    Doesn't matter. The actors portraying hobbits in LOTR weren't 5' 3" either.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    Byrne or Logan?
    Both at times I guess. But I was speaking about Byrnesy there.