Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    It actually is low budget from what i have heard, also there are two trailers with the international one showing more content that confirms Birkin and his family are in it, Vickers is confirmed as well as how he dies, Ashford Twins as well.

But the thing is this, the trailers show that the people behind this are trying to be respect the lore...but for me at least, the visual effects, the actors chosen, the costume designs...they are not something i can say that i will pay to see in a theater.

I mean from what i saw Wesker may not be a villain in this, there is no Barry or Rebecca and this looks and sound like it is completely Claire's story and not Claire and Leon, in fact the more i see Leon the more i hope he dies in this because i am just not happy with what is going on with the character in this.
    I think the actor they cast for Leon should have been Carlos. The actor resemble him much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    It actually is low budget from what i have heard, also there are two trailers with the international one showing more content that confirms Birkin and his family are in it, Vickers is confirmed as well as how he dies, Ashford Twins as well.

But the thing is this, the trailers show that the people behind this are trying to be respect the lore...but for me at least, the visual effects, the actors chosen, the costume designs...they are not something i can say that i will pay to see in a theater.

I mean from what i saw Wesker may not be a villain in this, there is no Barry or Rebecca and this looks and sound like it is completely Claire's story and not Claire and Leon, in fact the more i see Leon the more i hope he dies in this because i am just not happy with what is going on with the character in this.
    The problem is when you try to make a videogame movie too faithful to the original source material it makes it feel as if you are watching a videogame that you are not allowed to play.

It begs the question: Why see this in theatres when I could just play the video game at home?

Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post
    The problem is when you try to make a videogame movie too faithful to the original source material it makes it feel as if you are watching a videogame that you are not allowed to play.

It begs the question: Why see this in theatres when I could just play the video game at home?
    I never felt that way. Unless there's an interactive element no video game adaptation would be capable of invoking a feeling of it being a game I can't play. More than anything, this would make the movie redundant. I could play the game to get this story. The Tomb Raider reboot movie had a that problem

Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post

Being more accurate to the game's lore doesn't mean it will be a 1 to 1 remake of the games. It's too early to claim that. And it's odd that you're making this criticism when one of your first comments was complaining that Chris and Leon's actors looked nothing like their game counterparts.

So the first resident evil movie had a budget of 33 millon, and this one has a budget of 40 million . So where in the hell is the rest of millions of this movie's budget going to?
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    So the first resident evil movie had a budget of 33 millon, and this one has a budget of 40 million . So where in the hell is the rest of millions of this movie's budget going to?
    Definitely not to the CGI.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    The majority of RE 2002 was shot in an a real mansion, somewhere in Germany. All interior and exteriors shots were done there. No sets were used.

Judging from this trailer, it seems like RE 2021 was shot at multiple locations. And And some of them seem to be sets.

And also, Covid happened.

Some of the money probably went to Covid preventative measures. Covid Testing for all cast and crew, Covid Personnel etc.

I was hyped for this upon hearing of its development. It seemed like a very faithful adaptation of the first two games. This was going to be the best Netflix miniseries ever!

Then I saw the trailer. Wait a minute, it's not a Netflix miniseries? For me, the production values would be okay, if it was a Netflix miniseries. But it isn't. More to the point, the film is trying to condense both RE1 ad RE2 (plus aspects of RE:CV and the remakes) into one with all of the games' Easter eggs. Again, no problem if it was a streaming mini-series that was spread out over several episodes. Indeed, I was pretty hyped to hear that Lisa Trevor would get more of a story or that all of the monsters from the films would make appearances. However, this is just one movie. I fear that it will be just scene after scene with Easter egg after Easter egg. If it's a disjointed, fast mess, than yeah, that would suck.

Still, I'm keeping an open mind.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Dis is something that was not good in any shape or form, it is not even so bad it is good, it is all 100% bad!