Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default X-FORCE #24 - Preview

https://www.comicsxf.com/2021/10/07/...of-x-force-24/

"Might have taken a wrong turn at the gonads..."
    Well, alright.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Beast in constant internal pain while Black Tom hunts down a miniature Russian merc inside Beast. I think I'm gonna like this issue.

Incredible Member

I'm excited to see how this ties in to Inferno.

Quiet King 2 Regent Ororo RealEyesRealizeRealLies77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Beast in constant internal pain while Black Tom hunts down a miniature Russian merc inside Beast. I think I'm gonna like this issue.
    Indeed.Would love to see Black Tom get awestruck & curious being in Hank's innards and starts poking & prodding for hours.Really have him writhing in pain!
    The Pessimist looks down and hits his head
    The Optimist looks up and loses his footing
    The Realist looks forward and adjusts his path accordingly

Pull List : X-MEN , IMMORTAL X-MEN , NEW MUTANTS , X-MEN RED , WOLVERINE, THOR ,ETERNALS , BLACK PANTHER , EXCELLENCE , KILLADELPHIA , NOCTERRA ,THE NICE HOUSE ON THE LAKE , LITTLE MONSTERS , BONEYARD ORCHARD , NIGHTMARE BLOG , SEVEN SONS

Quiet King 2 Regent Ororo RealEyesRealizeRealLies77's Avatar

Looks interesting enough but I'll have to peruse it before buying.Hoping to see this important arc for Colossus & more of Mikhail.
    The Pessimist looks down and hits his head
    The Optimist looks up and loses his footing
    The Realist looks forward and adjusts his path accordingly

Pull List : X-MEN , IMMORTAL X-MEN , NEW MUTANTS , X-MEN RED , WOLVERINE, THOR ,ETERNALS , BLACK PANTHER , EXCELLENCE , KILLADELPHIA , NOCTERRA ,THE NICE HOUSE ON THE LAKE , LITTLE MONSTERS , BONEYARD ORCHARD , NIGHTMARE BLOG , SEVEN SONS

Astonishing Member

And then Black Tom kills the micro-soldier who produces a nano-soldier who in turn jumps into Mini-Black Tom's ear and starts hurting him from the inside, so Beast shrinks Wolverine down to nano-level and sends him into Mini-Black Tom, where he cuts up the nano-soldier, who jumps into nano-Wolverine's ear and starts hurting him from the inside, so Beast reveals he had stolen Hank Pym's technology via putting spores in his lab, so he uses superior Krakao Particles (made FROM PLANTS!) to shrink down Domino to atomic level and sends her into Nano-Wolverine's ear...

This looks fun.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Sure, this looks like a good start to what's hyped to be "Colossus' biggest story arc ever". Please note sarcasm and consider me skeptical.

Though Hank is getting exactly the internal torment he's deserved for 15 years of douchebaggery right now. God knows he wasn't bothered by his conscience.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    Sure, this looks like a good start to what's hyped to be "Colossus' biggest story arc ever". Please note sarcasm and consider me skeptical.

Though Hank is getting exactly the internal torment he's deserved for 15 years of douchebaggery right now. God knows he wasn't bothered by his conscience.
    Percy's done nothing but tease Colossus as a person of importance to the book from the solicits onward. It's pretty frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorsify View Post
    Percy's done nothing but tease Colossus as a person of importance to the book from the solicits onward. It's pretty frustrating.
    Agree. and I saw the hype for what is almost certainly is. Just hype. Sure Peter may not have a "Dark Phoenix" moment but dammit he's done some pretty integral major things over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorsify View Post
    I do hope Colossus gets his moment in the sun. I miss the big Ruskie.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    And then Black Tom kills the micro-soldier who produces a nano-soldier who in turn jumps into Mini-Black Tom's ear and starts hurting him from the inside, so Beast shrinks Wolverine down to nano-level and sends him into Mini-Black Tom, where he cuts up the nano-soldier, who jumps into nano-Wolverine's ear and starts hurting him from the inside, so Beast reveals he had stolen Hank Pym's technology via putting spores in his lab, so he uses superior Krakao Particles (made FROM PLANTS!) to shrink down Domino to atomic level and sends her into Nano-Wolverine's ear...
    There was a Dark Beast, who swallowed a plant;
    He swallowed a plant, to catch a man
    I don't know why, he swallowed a man
    Perhaps he'll die

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I do hope Colossus gets his moment in the sun. I miss the big Ruskie.
    About the Colossus plot thread, I'm very certain at this point that it is going to be a reveal that Colossus has been unknowingly working with Mikhail Rasputin ever since he came back from that Russia mission in X-Force 1 where he was supposedly 'protecting mutant children from tanks'. If you re-read this book, you'll notice that Piotr was painting a portrait of Mikhail in X-Force 7, long before anyone in X-Force had a clue that Mikhail had returned or was involved with XENO.

I believe that Piotr got caught when he went to Russia and was brainwashed by the Chronicler through some type of reality warping.
    We know its not telepathic brainwashing since Jean Grey had a look in his head in X-Force 16 and could not detect anything.
    Piotr has been subconsciously helping Mikhail while living in Krakoa, such as the time he killed those XENO Reavers before they could be questioned.

There also has to be a reveal of sorts coming regarding Kayla, his new girlfriend.
    It's subtle, but she was wearing a Russian costume during the Hellfire Gala.
    It could be to honor her boyfriend's culture, or it could be a hint that she's from Russia as well and has something to do with the Piotr-Mikhail story.

BANNED

I look forward to the 6 pages Colossus appears on and does nothing.

The most shat upon X-Man ever.

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    About the Colossus plot thread, I'm very certain at this point that it is going to be a reveal that Colossus has been unknowingly working with Mikhail Rasputin ever since he came back from that Russia mission in X-Force 1 where he was supposedly 'protecting mutant children from tanks'. If you re-read this book, you'll notice that Piotr was painting a portrait of Mikhail in X-Force 7, long before anyone in X-Force had a clue that Mikhail had returned or was involved with XENO.

I believe that Piotr got caught when he went to Russia and was brainwashed by the Chronicler through some type of reality warping.
    We know its not telepathic brainwashing since Jean Grey had a look in his head in X-Force 16 and could not detect anything.
    Piotr has been subconsciously helping Mikhail while living in Krakoa, such as the time he killed those XENO Reavers before they could be questioned.

There also has to be a reveal of sorts coming regarding Kayla, his new girlfriend.
    It's subtle, but she was wearing a Russian costume during the Hellfire Gala.
    It could be to honor her boyfriend's culture, or it could be a hint that she's from Russia as well and has something to do with the Piotr-Mikhail story.
    I hope it's not that simple. Your theory is solid and I believe shared by quite a few others on the board but it certainly wouldn't be much of a surprise if this happens. I'm not saying it can't be good, but it seems a bit predictable tbh.