Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I have not seen the latest thor movie, are Loki's feats that much more impressive then in all the previous films? because from what i have seen you should not compare movie Loki to comic Mysterio AT ALL.

As for the fight, Im guessig the spider-sense's will help alot with the duplicates he makes.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    I have not seen the latest thor movie, are Loki's feats that much more impressive then in all the previous films? because from what i have seen you should not compare movie Loki to comic Mysterio AT ALL.

As for the fight, Im guessig the spider-sense's will help alot with the duplicates he makes.
    Thing is, movie spider sense detects danger (sometimes, but whatever). If Loki simply illusioned ASM Spidey to look like Loki to SM Spidey, and vice-versa, they would likely pound each other into stuffing. That's the kind of thing that seems to be totally within the realm of his abilities. The Senses will (might?) detect the incoming punches, but they won't reveal what's behind the illusions. Now, I don't know that MCU Loki can actually do that, since he never does precisely that. All of his illusions in the films seem to affect everyone around the same way.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post
    Meanwhile, Loki was going toe to toe with Thor in Avengers.
    When did this happen? He certainly never went "toe to toe" with Thor. He got in maybe 2 good hits:

Thor essentially just beats the hell out of him. Then he stabs Thor..and Thor still continues to over power him and basically toss him aside. Loki has to roll off a building and land on a speeding flying..car thingy in order to escape. That is not really going "toe to toe" with Thor.
    Last edited by Surtur; 05-06-2014 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Thor essentially just beats the hell out of him. Then he stabs Thor..and Thor still continues to over power him and basically toss him aside. Loki has to roll off a building and land on a speeding flying..car thingy in order to escape. That is not really going "toe to toe" with Thor.
    Thor was similarly not trying to go all "Hulk on his ass".

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Let's be fair, Loki is an excellent combatant who is significantly faster, stronger and tougher than MCU Captain America, but he peters out at "kind of holds his own against a not-trying-to-kill-him Thor." He no-sells combat rifle fire, he isn't especially hurt by one shot from Hulk, isn't especially hurt from getting repulsored a couple of times, isn't especially hurt from a shot or two from his brother, and isn't especially hurt by one of Clint's explosive arrows. He's pretty clearly in intense pain from the Hulk Smash ragdoll routine, but, when he gets up a little while later, he's in good enough shape to make jokes.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    He pulled off a complete room illusion where he and room looked nothing like the reality, and also a nice combat illusion that fooled everyone watching, pretty much on the fly.

They'll help when Loki is attacking Spider-Man, but not when Loki does something other than attack. For example, Loki can make Spidey think his webbing is meaningless when his illusion self casually tears through illusion webbing. He can also make Spidey break his hands on the arena wall thinking he is hitting Loki while wondering how Loki can laugh at his hardest punches.

Seriously, the frequency of Loki pulling the "I'm suddenly somewhere else" on Thor in the middle of combat means Spidey would likely never, ever touch Loki except by sheer luck. Given the durability feats he showed in Avengers, a lucky hit isn't even going to hurt Loki.

All-New Member

loki never struck me as a speedster.
    spiderman can keep on landing punches and loki cant do very much about it except try to hit him with his staff blasts or freeze ray

Spidey's got the strength and speed, Loki's got the durability.

flip a coin.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by UFT View Post
    loki never struck me as a speedster.
    spiderman can keep on landing punches and loki cant do very much about it except try to hit him with his staff blasts or freeze ray
    You're forgetting Loki's magic, which includes his fantastic use of illusions over areas. Spidey cannot hit what he can not see. And if you're thinking Spidey is hitting Loki at the beginning, keep in mind two things:

1) Loki has pulled the "I'm suddenly not where you thought I was" on Thor twice. Whether this was by illusion plus teleportation, illusion and speed, or just plain Loki is that damn good at messing with one's mind, it doesn't really matter. When Thor reached for or lunged at Loki, Loki simply was elsewhere.

2) Even if Spidey lands a lucky first hit on Loki, it won't do much against a guy who withstood hits from Thor, Iron Man, Hawkeye, and Hulk without a scratch. After that, Spidey will never hit him again. Spider sense is great for detecting danger, but worthless at penetrating illusion when Loki is using it defensely.

Loki is a foe whom can make everyone watching believe he just died a noble death when the reality was he was never injured. There's all manners of freaky things he can make Spidey see or believe. It's definately within Loki's capabilities to make Spider-Man believe he's wailing on Loki, getting ever angrier and punching harder as Loki laughs at his strongest punches, only to realize he's been punching the ground or wall instead, both injuring himself and tiring himself out.

Also, Loki can attack with impunity by putting illusion selves all around the arena, attack from a good distance away, and just be elsewhere by the time Spidey dodges and attacks. Spidey will tire himself out trying to figure out which is the real Loki and honestly, he will never, ever, find the trickster because he doesnt have a nifty AoE attack that can stun Loki like Thor does. Spidey will tire eventually and then it's over for him.

It's seriously that easy for MCU Loki to win against movie Spider-Man.