Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Exactly .... the book with this team will only have 12 issues, only a year, so each issue counts, and so far the distribution of prominence and dedication to all characters has been downright regrettable, since only two characters have taken it.
    and it is a book of 7 characters.
    What? Where did this info come from? Cause it sounds like you are making stuff up. The characters said that the X-Men recruitment will be once a year. But Hickman who wrote that is now gone. And "once a year" in Marvel terms, means 4-5 years in human time. In just a year of X-Men stories, we get more than 12 issues as well. So...

Also, saying that Duggan's work on Uncanny is the same as his work on Marauders is reaching. Nothing at all. Rogue may have been the star but others got plenty of development and action.

And complaining about your fave not being the spotlight up to issue 3 when that same character only even made it on the team cause she's a fave of Duggan who has used her as the star of his book before is also reaching.

Only character who hasn't gotten anything big yet is Laura.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    What? Where did this info come from? Cause it sounds like you are making stuff up. The characters said that the X-Men recruitment will be once a year. But Hickman who wrote that is now gone. And "once a year" in Marvel terms, means 4-5 years in human time. In just a year of X-Men stories, we get more than 12 issues as well. So...

Also, saying that Duggan's work on Uncanny is the same as his work on Marauders is reaching. Nothing at all. Rogue may have been the star but others got plenty of development and action.

And complaining about your fave not being the spotlight up to issue 3 when that same character only even made it on the team cause she's a fave of Duggan who has used her as the star of his book before is also reaching.

Only character who hasn't gotten anything big yet is Laura.
    Yeah, the poster is a little butt hurt/hating on Synch, disguised as objective point making.

It is the only book where my favorite appears, it is more than logical that I complain if it is not being treated well, and not that I lie and say wow how well they are treating Rogue, congratulations to Duggan, when it is not true.
    My favorite character is probably Magik. She isn't always presented well and when I don't like how she's portrayed I drop the book. I don't go on the internet and complain about it to the void as that changes literally nothing.

Or is it that I have no right to have an opinion and express it? Very very interesting .
    You can do whatever you want. Of course you have a right to your opinion. Of course you're allowed to express it. I'm just questioning what exactly that achieves. 'Cause from here it looks like nothing.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 10-08-2021 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Typos: Zero Tolerance
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Yeah, the poster is a little butt hurt/hating on Synch, disguised as objective point making.
    He’s salty because High Evolutionary called Synch the more powerful mimic. Not sure how Jean got dragged into this considering everyone else including her, Rogue, Cyclops, Polaris and Sunfire have all had their moments. The only one I feel hasn’t contributed much is Laura and even then she’s doing stuff.

Maurauders over centralization where it became the Emma and kitty show this is not.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

The first three issues definitely had their own little Tier Rankings and Rogue has obviously been nowhere near the top, but trying to frame what we've seen so far as a ghost Solo/Duo book is quite the reach. It's not like Jean & Synch had been given *that* much to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    He’s salty because High Evolutionary called Synch the more powerful mimic. Not sure how Jean got dragged into this considering everyone else including her, Rogue, Cyclops, Polaris and Sunfire have all had their moments. The only one I feel hasn’t contributed much is Laura and even then she’s doing stuff.

Maurauders over centralization where it became the Emma and kitty show this is not.
    Absolute truth! Btw so very on point about Marauders, that book was a steaming pile.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I think you need to see an optometrist if you think Nightmare is peach coloured here.
    Oooohkaaay.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Anime getting cancelled.
    Of course. That would be all he'd watch. Being Japanese. Not at
    the theater.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 10-08-2021 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    To be fair to Sylarmax on this matter (and on this matter alone), it was Gerry Duggan who said that, not Jonathan Hickman. He went into more detail about it in some podcast a few months ago.
    Basically, the idea is that each elected X-Men team will last one year (and yes, he clarified that it was one year in real time not Marvel time).
    So unless there is some double-shipping involved, each team will feature in 12 issues of the main book + however many guest appearances in the other books.

About the team switchover:
    If plans have not changed, the new team should switch over in July 2022 with X-Men 13 (or maybe a new X-Men 1) under a second Hellfire Gala storyline.
    I expect that Jean Grey and Cyclops would stay on as leaders of the team (since it was their idea in the first place), but I could be wrong about that.
    Duggan actually said in the podcast that he set aside a few mutants that he felt would be better suited to the 'Year 2' team, so I would assume he already has a rough idea of what the cast would look like.
    He also said there will also be another fan vote starting next January/February to elect the seventh member of the new team.

But then again, as has been demonstrated many times during this era, plans can change.
    Duggan said all this in a podcast back in March, when he was putting the book together.
    He's now written at least eight or nine issues of the team together. He could have changed his mind and realized that he was having too much fun writing Everett and Laura and Shiro and Rogue and Lorna to let them go and decide to keep them around.

One more day to go. Can't wait to see what Nightmare has in store for the team.

Quiet King 2 Regent Ororo RealEyesRealizeRealLies77's Avatar

I can't agree that X-Men is being written akin to Marauders as far as team dynamics are concerned.This definitely isn't the Kitty/Emma stealth solo that Marauders turned out to be.We're only 3 issues in & so far everyone besides Laura has gotten a lil limelight but she's had her dollops of interaction.He is actually writing this as a team book so far but let's wait til at least issue 6 before we harp on my fave character didn'ts.My gripe is this becoming villain of the week instead of being proactive & going after the threats.I'll wait til tomorrow to find out but hopefully we'll get some more progress with Gameworld or Orchis.
    The Pessimist looks down and hits his head
    The Optimist looks up and loses his footing
    The Realist looks forward and adjusts his path accordingly

Pull List : X-MEN , IMMORTAL X-MEN , NEW MUTANTS , X-MEN RED , WOLVERINE, THOR ,ETERNALS , BLACK PANTHER , EXCELLENCE , KILLADELPHIA , NOCTERRA ,THE NICE HOUSE ON THE LAKE , LITTLE MONSTERS , BONEYARD ORCHARD , NIGHTMARE BLOG , SEVEN SONS

Quiet King 2 Regent Ororo RealEyesRealizeRealLies77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post

Due to a previous interaction on another thread with the poster,I understand the hyperbolic reaction.
    The Pessimist looks down and hits his head
    The Optimist looks up and loses his footing
    The Realist looks forward and adjusts his path accordingly

Pull List : X-MEN , IMMORTAL X-MEN , NEW MUTANTS , X-MEN RED , WOLVERINE, THOR ,ETERNALS , BLACK PANTHER , EXCELLENCE , KILLADELPHIA , NOCTERRA ,THE NICE HOUSE ON THE LAKE , LITTLE MONSTERS , BONEYARD ORCHARD , NIGHTMARE BLOG , SEVEN SONS

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    One more day to go. Can't wait to see what Nightmare has in store for the team.
    Counting down the hours. I can't wait to see Synch's dreamscape.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!