Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

If every character of the team gets the nightmares, this is going to be a very good opportunity for Duggan to do Polaris right. I expect to see something about the massacre of Genosha and the plane accident.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    You know this probably isn't the right thread for it but I'll bring the topic up anyway.

With the new meta of being able to come back in a modified designer body aged to its prime on an island surrounded by the most powerful & skilled telepaths in existence, why does Scott still suffer with being bound to his ruby quartz visors?
    Aversion to change from the marketing team, and more staunchly, from traditionalists in editorial.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sensormellow View Post
    I wonder what Sunfire's nightmare would be.
    Serving the Americans.

All I know is, Jean better be the one to handle Nightmare...

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I hope someone other than Synch or Jean gets to handle Nightmare. This would be a great opportunity for Laura especially.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I hope someone other than Synch or Jean gets to handle Nightmare. This would be a great opportunity for Laura especially.
    Now I want Synch and Jean to be the ones to handle him together. To be fair, though, going by how Duggan has written this team, they will all get a piece of him and be instrumental in handling him, which I'm certainly not against.

Nightmare is a nigh-omnipotent, nigh-omniscient and nigh-omnipresent entity who rules the Dream Dimension. He also has the ability to draw power from the psychic energies of the subconscious minds of dreaming beings.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    It's funny because I just had that same thought when reading the preview - why does he (presumably) choose to have to have an obstacle of control, to the point he has to wear a eye mask to sleep.
    Right?! One slip up and we'll be gritting Jean (or Emma, or Wolverine (wink wink polynudge-nudge)) in the resurrections garden.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Apparently krakoa has rampant disability fetish issues.
    Lmao! You know everyone has their kink and I don't judge.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Aversion to change from the marketing team, and more staunchly, from traditionalists in editorial.
    This is probably the answer, I just find it odd.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

You know this probably isn't the right thread for it but I'll bring the topic up anyway.

With the new meta of being able to come back in a modified designer body aged to its prime on an island surrounded by the most powerful & skilled telepaths in existence, why does Scott still suffer with being bound to his ruby quartz visors?
    They probably don't want to rob him of his tragic hero edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    They probably don't want to rob him of his tragic hero edge.
    I mean I can sort of get behind that. I just wish the conversation would at least be mentioned. It's not like it hasn't happened before. Didn't Emma or Nova-Emma or whatever turn his optic blasts off? Or am I butchering Astonishing X-Men?

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Now I want Synch and Jean to be the ones to handle him together. To be fair, though, going by how Duggan has written this team, they will all get a piece of him and be instrumental in handling him, which I'm certainly not against.
    I think there's room for improvement for how the team operates. A decent chunk of the team haven't been instrumental in any of the solutions to the threats so far. To be fair, it's only been three issues, so everything could start changing pace.

That being said, I'm hoping this issue doesn't disappoint in giving the other members something to do.

I mean I can sort of get behind that. I just wish the conversation would at least be mentioned. It's not like it hasn't happened before. Didn't Emma or Nova-Emma or whatever turn his optic blasts off? Or am I butchering Astonishing X-Men?
    Astonishing revealed that it was Scott subconsciously interfering with the control of his powers.

Maybe that's what the writers consider canon in this era instead of brain damage?
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 10-07-2021 at 10:23 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Question if anyone knows - When exactly did Nightmare come back? Last I saw he was eaten(?) by Amatsu-Mikaboshi.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I think there's room for improvement for how the team operates. A decent chunk of the team haven't been instrumental in any of the solutions to the threats so far. To be fair, it's only been three issues, so everything could start changing pace.

That being said, I'm hoping this issue doesn't disappoint in giving the other members something to do.
    I feel you. I think everyone, including myself, is so psyched about a new team and X-Men book, we all want our faves to shine right now. It's understandable, and when I look at things neutrally, it's rather endearing. It warms my heart to see all of the fans gathering around and rooting for their favorite character to be written respectfully and given their moment to shine. Frankly, though, I don't think any particular character has hogged the limelight. They've all been given wonderful moments amidst the action. And, of course, we're only on issue #3!

What I hope for this issue is what I see quite a few people hoping for, which is for Duggan to use this opportunity to plumb the depths, even if only briefly, of each character and their fears and nightmares. Scott has had his traumas touched upon. While I am happy that Duggan has acknowledged Jean's past with the Phoenix Force, I wish he would have included a more personal moment, one acknowledging her witnessing and experiencing her best friend's death as a child or even the murder of her family. Still, I understand why he chose the Phoenix moment.

In either case, I hope the others get nightmare sequences too.
    Last edited by Mercury; 10-07-2021 at 10:35 PM.

Question if anyone knows - When exactly did Nightmare come back? Last I saw he was eaten(?) by Amatsu-Mikaboshi.
    According to the summary in the op, this is his official return.

According to the summary in the op, this is his official return.
    Ahh I see. Thanks!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Will Jeans childhood bf be brought up in her secret nightmares or just what she did as DP? Hmmm....