Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 87
  1. #61
    Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,821

    Default

    Kinda disappointed Rachel wasn't a key player in Jean's nightmares. Oh well.

  2. #62
    Mighty Member Sylarmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Exactly. It is time for other members to shine too. I hope Laura or Rogue would defeat Nightmare.
    Amen for this, please ROgue or Laura moment ( Even Lorna or Scott please ) but I have no expectations ... when Duggan chooses his central focus characters he does not let go, and they are the absolute protagonists and the ones who receive all his love, and the others are mere fillers, in Uncanny Avengers it was Rogue The Star, in Marauders It's Emma, ​​and here at xmen we already know it's Synch and Jean.
    X_x


    The fans of the other characters will have to endure that they are just a nice filler, but as I said I hope I am wrong, but I know very well what Duggan's writing and strategy are like.

  3. #63
    Mighty Member Odd Rödney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Krakoa
    Posts
    1,073

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    There are 12 Issues of this team.
    But, the book is only on issue #4. Are you counting other appearances of this team in other books to get to 12?
    Quote Originally Posted by StormDisciple View Post
    Y’all don’t like anything, let me leave and enjoy what I was given.

    Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    And no thank you to the dusty mansion and perpetual extinction status quo.

  4. #64
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    hahaha the disrespect.
    Be nice. Half the people here are senile.
    "Cable was right!"

  5. #65
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    278

    Default

    There are 8 characters.

    22 pages.

    That's less than 3 pages per character for each issue. Expecting each one of them to get an equal amount of focus each issue and to form a coherent plot based around that is impossible.

    Can we actually just be real for a second here people.

  6. #66
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Amen for this, please ROgue or Laura moment ( Even Lorna or Scott please ) but I have no expectations ... when Duggan chooses his central focus characters he does not let go, and they are the absolute protagonists and the ones who receive all his love, and the others are mere fillers, in Uncanny Avengers it was Rogue The Star, in Marauders It's Emma, ​​and here at xmen we already know it's Synch and Jean.
    X_x


    The fans of the other characters will have to endure that they are just a nice filler, but as I said I hope I am wrong, but I know very well what Duggan's writing and strategy are like.
    Do you actually have any sort of understanding in how ridiculous your posts are? Are you deliberately being hyperbolic?

    All this because Synch is on the team and has similar powers Rogue.

  7. #67
    Astonishing Member Kingdom X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    2,721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Amen for this, please ROgue or Laura moment ( Even Lorna or Scott please ) but I have no expectations ... when Duggan chooses his central focus characters he does not let go, and they are the absolute protagonists and the ones who receive all his love, and the others are mere fillers, in Uncanny Avengers it was Rogue The Star, in Marauders It's Emma, ​​and here at xmen we already know it's Synch and Jean.
    X_x


    The fans of the other characters will have to endure that they are just a nice filler, but as I said I hope I am wrong, but I know very well what Duggan's writing and strategy are like.
    So we’re gonna act like Polaris isn’t a stand out? We’re gonna act like Scott hasn’t had an abundance of leadership moments? Like Shiro isn’t the only character who has gotten an explanation as to why he joined the team? Like Rogue didn’t lead the charge against the high evolutionary?

    This book CONSISTENTLY shows every character using their powers in tandem and working together so even the characters who haven’t gotten as much focus are doing SOMETHING every issue.

  8. #68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    So we’re gonna act like Polaris isn’t a stand out? We’re gonna act like Scott hasn’t had an abundance of leadership moments? Like Shiro isn’t the only character who has gotten an explanation as to why he joined the team? Like Rogue didn’t lead the charge against the high evolutionary?

    This book CONSISTENTLY shows every character using their powers in tandem and working together so even the characters who haven’t gotten as much focus are doing SOMETHING every issue.
    All of this, every bit of it.
    Boop! Krakoa forever!

  9. #69
    Mighty Member Sylarmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    But, the book is only on issue #4. Are you counting other appearances of this team in other books to get to 12?
    Exactly .... the book with this team will only have 12 issues, only a year, so each issue counts, and so far the distribution of prominence and dedication to all characters has been downright regrettable, since only two characters have taken it.
    and it is a book of 7 characters.

  10. #70
    Ultimate Member Ambaryerno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    13,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Exactly. It is time for other members to shine too. I hope Laura or Rogue would defeat Nightmare.
    I could see it now:

    Nightmare: H-how can you still be functioning?

    Laura: Have you not been paying attention? My whole life from the day I was born has been a nightmare, and worse people than you have tried to terrorize me in my dreams. I learned a long time ago not to be afraid of the dark. *snikt*
    Still hoping for that Helix Reunion...

    The New X-Men: Can't let you grow up because you make everyone look old. But we can sure as @#$% mindlessly kill you off for shock value!

    Pull List: N/A

  11. #71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Exactly .... the book with this team will only have 12 issues, only a year, so each issue counts, and so far the distribution of prominence and dedication to all characters has been downright regrettable, since only two characters have taken it.
    and it is a book of 7 characters.
    Duggan's "perhaps" seems to indicate an annual change-up isn't a definite thing.

    "The interesting way we're gonna do this from now on is, we'll have a yearly Hellfire Gala with a newly elected team," Duggan stated, hesitating slightly "...perhaps."

    After that quote, Newsrama asked Marvel to confirm: "Marvel hasn't officially commented in response to Newsarama's inquiry about plans for an annual Hellfire Gala and X-Men vote."
    So we'll have to see.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I could see it now:

    Nightmare: H-how can you still be functioning?

    Laura: Have you not been paying attention? My whole life from the day I was born has been a nightmare, and worse people than you have tried to terrorize me in my dreams. I learned a long time ago not to be afraid of the dark. *snikt*
    I love this.
    Boop! Krakoa forever!

  12. #72
    Mighty Member Sylarmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    Do you actually have any sort of understanding in how ridiculous your posts are? Are you deliberately being hyperbolic?

    All this because Synch is on the team and has similar powers Rogue.

    You are free to ignore my comments . , so I don't care at all about your rude opinion. which is generally wrong for me. In the world there is freedom of expression, or is it that there is only freedom to express themselves certain groups, in short, this incoherent reaction surprises me?
    Not at all .



    Happy afternoon kisses, stop suffering, if it seems to me that the book is a solo of two characters (and I am not the only one who thinks so) it is my damn opinion, what a heavy man God.

  13. #73
    Mighty Member Sylarmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    So we’re gonna act like Polaris isn’t a stand out? We’re gonna act like Scott hasn’t had an abundance of leadership moments? Like Shiro isn’t the only character who has gotten an explanation as to why he joined the team? Like Rogue didn’t lead the charge against the high evolutionary?

    This book CONSISTENTLY shows every character using their powers in tandem and working together so even the characters who haven’t gotten as much focus are doing SOMETHING every issue.
    Jajajjajaa of course each character using their powers (except Rogue, who is the only one who has not used her mutant powers in all this). Honey say a few random things, and throw a blow, hold a cup of coffee, and then become just wallpapers, it is not for a character development, and with poor Laura it is to cry since she is the one has taken the worst part in all this, his only function is to be Synch's love interest, the rest of the poor Laura only and has barely said a word X_x


    More when the real development and huge dialogues are only taken by two characters in this book.


    But of course as long as Synch and Jean receive all that, everything is fine, right?
    the rest of the characters that matter lol, logic. X_x

  14. #74
    Mighty Member Odd Rödney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Krakoa
    Posts
    1,073

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Jajajjajaa of course each character using their powers (except Rogue, who is the only one who has not used her mutant powers in all this). Honey say a few random things, and throw a blow, hold a cup of coffee, and then become just wallpapers, it is not for a character development, and with poor Laura it is to cry since she is the one has taken the worst part in all this, his only function is to be Synch's love interest, the rest of the poor Laura only and has barely said a word X_x


    More when the real development and huge dialogues are only taken by two characters in this book.


    But of course as long as Synch and Jean receive all that, everything is fine, right?
    the rest of the characters that matter lol, logic. X_x
    Fair enough. Don't buy the book then. Others that like it will buy it but you don't have to. Haters gonna hate. Potatoes gonna potate.
    Quote Originally Posted by StormDisciple View Post
    Y’all don’t like anything, let me leave and enjoy what I was given.

    Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    And no thank you to the dusty mansion and perpetual extinction status quo.

  15. #75
    Mighty Member Sylarmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    Fair enough. Don't buy the book then. Others that like it will buy it but you don't have to. Haters gonna hate. Potatoes gonna potate.
    It is the only book where my favorite appears, it is more than logical that I complain if it is not being treated well, and not that I lie and say wow how well they are treating Rogue, congratulations to Duggan, when it is not true.


    Or is it that I have no right to have an opinion and express it? Very very interesting .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •