Default Batman vs Sabretooth

Batman vs Sabretooth

...uh anyway, Batman on a Justice League rotation with specific BatGod prep may avail him, I suppose?

And...Batfleck with prep might beat Liev Schreiber or Tyler Mane by virtue of having guns?

In a no prep, straight up arena fight, Sabretooth beat the tar out of Wolverine, at least once every year, on his birthday. This is a process that involves sneaking up on and ambushing a guy with superhuman senses, and he's strong enough to crumple a barbell like tinfoil.

At base Batman is rather outmatched with his standard equipment.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

In a default Rumble, Sabes is likely too much for Bruce. He's much stronger, much tougher, quite skilled, has a healing factor, is roughly as fast. Bruce has some fun toys in the belt, and is a more skilled fighter, but I don't think the toys or Bruce's fists are putting Creed down for the count, more often than not.

Give Bruce prep, this changes.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Is Bruce still packing freeze grenades these days?

How would Sabertooth do against Deathstroke (without the superman busting suit)
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Is Bruce still packing freeze grenades these days?
    I don't know, and those might help, but he's still got to hit a guy who is as fast as he is, who has superhuman senses, with a thrown object. I can't see him pulling that off more than once or twice out of 10 in Khazan, maybe not even that.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    How would Sabertooth do against Deathstroke (without the superman busting suit)
    Depends on Slade's gear, really. In hand to hand, Slade will lose (healing factor plus MUCH stronger plus claws offsets somewhat greater speed and skill). If he has gear, odds tip depending on what all he has.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    I don't know, and those might help, but he's still got to hit a guy who is as fast as he is, who has superhuman senses, with a thrown object. I can't see him pulling that off more than once or twice out of 10 in Khazan, maybe not even that.
    It's a grenade, *if* he has them he just has to hit his vicinity, not him. Given standard starting distance, that's viable fine.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 10-08-2021 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    It's a grenade, *if* he has them he just has to hit his vicinity, not him. Given standard starting distance, that's viable fine.
    Does it work that way? I remember Bats using them on Clayface, but it required a direct hit. If it hits a suitably large area, and works on superhumanly strong targets, it might be viable.

Nice to see you post, Pen!

He had an ice thing that at one point let him get a pair of Talons at once with its effect, so.

Granted this requires acknowledging that the Court of Owls exists as a thing in Batman comics, which is a bitter price to pay indeed, but still.

(Also one of the times he used it on Clayface, it enveloped his body. Granted at the time human sized body, but that still speaks to an area thing. Regardless of that, at dead worst Batman can briefly disorient Sabertooth on his way over to him with gas/sonics/so forth, then follow up with the ice capsule thing in the moment of impairment. Again, if he still has the freeze crap.)

And eh, I have the occasional day where I can read and post a bit.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Going with Batman because he's got more at his disposal and is waaaaay more intelligent than Creed.

Meanwhile Sabretooth's only real feat for the last 2 decades is being able to survive ass-whoopings. lol And he's not very smart either.

He had an ice thing that at one point let him get a pair of Talons at once with its effect, so.

Granted this requires acknowledging that the Court of Owls exists as a thing in Batman comics, which is a bitter price to pay indeed, but still.

(Also one of the times he used it on Clayface, it enveloped his body. Granted at the time human sized body, but that still speaks to an area thing. Regardless of that, at dead worst Batman can briefly disorient Sabertooth on his way over to him with gas/sonics/so forth, then follow up with the ice capsule thing in the moment of impairment. Again, if he still has the freeze crap.)
    Good enough for me. I don't think that I'd accept the Clayface sitch you mention as an AoE, given that it hit and only affected Clayface, but the Talon thing may well be more legitimate, certainly for a thing that has been used so seldom.

And eh, I have the occasional day where I can read and post a bit.
    I'm glad to hear it. I'll send you some positive thoughts that they somehow become the majority, rather than occasional.