Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Default The Wonder Women of the Multiverse

Wonder Women - in order from left to right - come from Earth-2, Amazonia, Red Son, Kingdom Come, Flashpoint, DC Bombshells, Earth One, Dark Knight Returns, Injustice, and The New Frontier.

Wonder Woman/Diana has had many interpretations throughout the Multiverse, what are some of your favorite/least favorite versions? Any that you'd like to see expanded upon?
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 10-07-2021 at 07:27 PM.

19th Century/Victorian Wonder Woman is a cool concept but I didn't care for the Amazonia story where it comes from. I wouldn't mind someone revisiting the general idea but doing something different.

Anyways;

Good
    New Frontier
    Legend of Wonder Woman

Bad
    Kingdom Come

Dog ****
    Injustice
    Last edited by Gaius; 10-13-2021 at 05:28 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Of the ones I've read out of those, New Frontier and LoWW are the best.

Earth One is below them; some great moments mixed in with some iffy/underwhelming moments.

The rest I either haven't read or are actively terrible (Miller, Flashpoint and Injustice)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    19th Century/Victorian Wonder Woman is a cool concept but I didn't care for the Amazonia story where it comes from. I wouldn't mind someone revisiting the general idea but doing something different.

Anyways;

Good
    New Frontier
    Legend of Wonder Woman

Bad
    Kingdom Come

Dog ****
    Injustice
    Sweet can we curse now? Add Flashpoint and Miller with Injustice.

Going to say I like Bombshells and Earth One WW so they’d be Good too.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Most of them are either bad or just meh, with Injustice being the worst of the worst of course. But then there's also some lesser known bad stuff like When Gods Destroy in which Lois Lane is Wonder Woman for some reason (written by Chris Claremont of all people).

Yeah I've never read Whom Gods Destroy and heard it was terrible. But it does have the best WW kiss of all time which also happens to be the first WW gay kiss.
    WW kiss Artemis.jpg

I'm also quite fond of the look of Wonder Woman from Earth D. I like her tanned skin and South Asian features, and I love her suit design, in particular the top.
    Wonder_Woman_Earth-D.jpgWonder_Woman_(Earth-D).jpg

We should also give a shout out to Earth 2 (in the new52) because it's a world where Diana was the first hero, and thus they aren't called "super"heroes, they are called "Wonders"
    Last edited by Alpha; 10-08-2021 at 02:43 AM.

Earth One by Morrison. From now on, my favest, allways

Im kinda curious about Wonderous Man since he apparently exists somehow at the same time as Wonder Man and Donald Troy. So I wanna know what that whole deal is

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Im kinda curious about Wonderous Man since he apparently exists somehow at the same time as Wonder Man and Donald Troy. So I wanna know what that whole deal is
    There have been 3 male versions of Wonder Woman from earth 11. The first is from Post Crisis. The second one is from post Flashpoint. The third one is from post Death Metal, that's the current one. In that current version of earth 11 he also has a former sidekick which is a male version of Donna Troy.

Amazonia, Earth One, Earth 2, New Frontier and Bombshells

I hate the naked thighs of Kingdom Come

Why does no one ever mention WW 1,000,000? (the blue living marble statue with the red starfish on her shoulder)

From this picture I really like the Amazonia WW, Earth One and my fav from the New Frontier, I'm also fond with the costume from Red Son, not so much with the character in that elsworld.
    I'm not a fan of Kingdom Come, neither Diana or the story.
    The rest like Mariah Carey said, "I don't know her", never read Injustice, Flashpoint, Bombshell, The Dark Knight and Earth 2, so I can't give an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Why does no one ever mention WW 1,000,000? (the blue living marble statue with the red starfish on her shoulder)
    I love her look but the personality never stood out to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    There have been 3 male versions of Wonder Woman from earth 11. The first is from Post Crisis. The second one is from post Flashpoint. The third one is from post Death Metal, that's the current one. In that current version of earth 11 he also has a former sidekick which is a male version of Donna Troy.
    The thing is the current version and the post crisis version have both popped up earlier this same year so im curious whats going on on that front

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    The thing is the current version and the post crisis version have both popped up earlier this same year so im curious whats going on on that front
    Where did earth 11 male Wonder appear? Other than in the Afterlife saga of WW?

Wonder_Man_Earth-11_001.jpg
    This is Wonder Man from Post Crisis. He first appeared in Countdown Presents: Superwoman/ Batwoman(2008)

Wonderous_Man_(Earth_11)_001.jpg
    This is Wonderous Man from post Flashpoint. He first appeared in Multiversity Guidebook (2014)

Dane_of_Elysium_Earth_11_0001.jpg
    This is Wonder Man from post Death Metal. He first appeared in Wonder Woman #777 (2021) though he was referenced in 2020 Christmas special, and his sidekick Donald Troy appeared there commenting something about his mentor being out of the Justice League (just as we saw later on in Wonder Woman 777).
    Last edited by Alpha; 10-08-2021 at 11:56 PM.

I have to say, if they ever do an "Into the Wonder-Verse" for Diana, she needs a better bench of variants. Even aside from the lousy ones, there's honestly very little variety. Even the good ones are just minor variations of the real Wonder Woman.

And, if it happens, there definitely needs to be a scene devoted to the good Dianas beating the piss out of the Injustice, Flashpoint, Miller, and Red Son Dianas.