Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Good: New Frontier, Bombshells, Earth One,

Bad: Injustice, Flashpoint, Kingdom Come, Miller,

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    I have to say, if they ever do an "Into the Wonder-Verse" for Diana, she needs a better bench of variants. Even aside from the lousy ones, there's honestly very little variety. Even the good ones are just minor variations of the real Wonder Woman.

And, if it happens, there definitely needs to be a scene devoted to the good Dianas beating the piss out of the Injustice, Flashpoint, Miller, and Red Son Dianas.
    That's because most of these versions are from Superman stories in which WW is an adjacent character. Injustice, Miller, Red Son, Kingdom Come: all Superman centric stories. Flashpoint is a Flash centric story. Even Earth 2 is not really a WW story. The only WW centered universe here are Earth One and Bombshells.

The only version of WW where she is treated right in a Superman centric story is New Frontier. Earth One version is kind of iffy but Cooke's WW in NF was damn near perfect.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

This week were introduced to another Multiverse WW who was temporarily able to show Darkseid the error of his ways.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    That's because most of these versions are from Superman stories in which WW is an adjacent character. Injustice, Miller, Red Son, Kingdom Come: all Superman centric stories. Flashpoint is a Flash centric story. Even Earth 2 is not really a WW story. The only WW centered universe here are Earth One and Bombshells.

The only version of WW where she is treated right in a Superman centric story is New Frontier. Earth One version is kind of iffy but Cooke's WW in NF was damn near perfect.
    I wouldn’t really call New Frontier a Superman-centric story. He gets more of a noticeable character arc than Wonder Woman or Batman but I’d say he’s firmly behind Hal, J’onn, and Barry in terms of the focus of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I wouldn’t really call New Frontier a Superman-centric story. He gets more of a noticeable character arc than Wonder Woman or Batman but I’d say he’s firmly behind Hal, J’onn, and Barry in terms of the focus of the story.
    It is an ensemble story. But Supes is the 'center' of the NF verse. It's Diana encouraging him to not being a government puppet and his apparent demise before the final act which prompts the rest of the characters to come together to stop the floating creature.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Where did earth 11 male Wonder appear? Other than in the Afterlife saga of WW?
    More reference than concrete appearance but...

In 'A very merry multiverse' the DC christmas special from 2020, Donald Troy pops up and is established to be the sidekick of 'Wonderous Man' not Wonder Man. We don't find out to much with no mention of either Wonder Man or Wonderous Man being out of the Justice League. Only a comment about how Batwoman tried and failed to make sense of his background. With Donald also mentioning that his magic lasso is similar to Wonderous Mans, and that he was once called Wonderous Boy

Oh yeah you are right. My memory was hazy. But the fact that the entire justice League was there except for Wonderous Man, and that Wonderous Boy existed, aludes to something going wrong, which us consistent with the 777 version

True~
    But im still left wondering if Wonderous Man and Wonder Man both somehow still exist in this setting.
    I mean I suppose it could be one of the other ones. Their equivalent of Hippolyta or something like that.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Another doppelganger to add to the mix who has a very dark history

I hope DCAU WW can help this AU WW.

Ummm reading first number of Dark Knights of Steel I think she's going to be one of the bad guys...

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    Ummm reading first number of Dark Knights of Steel I think she's going to be one of the bad guys...
    Well, yeah. It's Wonder Woman in a DC Elseworld written by Tom Taylor. She'll be doing two things whether she's good or evil.

1). Shilling Superman or Batman

and/or

2). Wanting to bang Superman or Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Well, yeah. It's Wonder Woman in a DC Elseworld written by Tom Taylor. She'll be doing two things whether she's good or evil.

1). Shilling Superman or Batman

and/or

2). Wanting to bang Superman or Batman.
    Man, I love Taylor, but why does he hate her so much...

My guess is she’s going to partner up with Black Lightning in Dark Knights of Steel. And If that’s the case she’ll be fighting Batman and Superman at some point.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    Man, I love Taylor, but why does he hate her so much...
    I don't think he hates her, he reminds me a bit of a less talented Mark Waid where he likes her but only really because she's a DC character and his true love is for Superman and Batman world's. So he's only interested in her unless it someway relates back to Space Man and Rich Boy.

His writing style is good for shallow, one-dimensional, characters like Harley where you can get away with dumb jokes and memes and people will hail it as a good writing but not particularly suited to character like Diana who requires a bit more thought.