View Poll Results: Should the X-Women be assembled and should men be allowed on the team?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, but only women.

17 35.42%
  • Yes, but with men also on the team.

4 8.33%
  • No.

27 56.25%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Default Should the "X-Women" team be made and should men be allowed to join?

Should the "X-Women" team be made and should men be allowed to join?

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Should the "X-Women" team be made and should men be allowed to join?
    I hope you actually read this. Or is this a joke? Funny that artist was under fire for drawing a sexualized Spider-Woman a while back and made headlines.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I hope you actually read this. Or is this a joke? Funny that artist was under fire for drawing a sexualized Spider-Woman a while back and made headlines.
    It's not a joke. The comic is found here: https://www.marvel.com/comics/issue/...x-women_2010_1

Oh and to add they had an actual X-Women team book called just that and had some male supports even one was seen as official. I think it was Remy.

It's not a joke. The comic is found here: https://www.marvel.com/comics/issue/...x-women_2010_1
    So like I asked before. Did you read it? I never said the comic was a joke. At least not in the sense it existed. Despite it having Claremont's writing.

So like I asked before. Did you read it? I never said the comic was a joke. At least not in the sense it existed. Despite it having Claremont's writing.
    No, not yet! I actually just discovered it from seeing the X-Men name discussion. It didn't appear there, but it got me wondering if they ever officially made an X-Women team like they made She-Hulk and Spider-Woman.

The description on the website is convincing: International superstar Milo Manara joins X-Legend Chris Claremont for X-WOMEN! Go on a high-flying, death-defying, globetrotting adventure with your favorite X-Ladies. Storm, Psylocke, Shadowcat, Marvel Girl and Rogue save the world and look great doing it.

No, not yet! I actually just discovered it from seeing the X-Men name discussion. It didn't appear there, but it got me wondering if they ever officially made an X-Women team like they made She-Hulk and Spider-Woman.

The description on the website is convincing: International superstar Milo Manara joins X-Legend Chris Claremont for X-WOMEN! Go on a high-flying, death-defying, globetrotting adventure with your favorite X-Ladies. Storm, Psylocke, Shadowcat, Marvel Girl and Rogue save the world and look great doing it.
    Well if you are a guy... have at it. This was the one-shot of the same name.

If you want actual super-heroics and a legit team rather than a bunch of old friends "hanging out." Read this.

https://womenyoushouldknow.net/meet-...its-all-women/

Even if they are a guy, I'd suggest reading some reviews and looking for sample pages first.

Well if you are a guy... have at it. This was the one-shot of the same name.

If you want actual super-heroics and a legit team rather than a bunch of old friends "hanging out." Read this.

https://womenyoushouldknow.net/meet-...its-all-women/
    Yeah, I know that one. I think how "A-Lister" is used in the article downplays the importance of every character that makes a story happen, but I know they use it a lot in comics.

Well maybe some women would like it. Who knows. Unless it's a boring story. I've closed comics I've been reading if they get bad.

Yeah, I know that one. I think how "A-Lister" is used in the article downplays the importance of every character that makes a story happen, but I know they use it a lot in comics.

Well maybe some women would like it. Who knows. Unless it's a boring story. I've closed comics I've been reading if they get bad.
    Well, this is a different topic. I usually don't like the A-List appraoch either. But the series is a legit team still but if you want to get the CC book go ahead though you might want to take advice from the above poster before diving in.

Ultimate Member

If it's X-women, why would men be on the team? Marvel could make a majority female X-team but I wouldn't call it X-women unless it's only women

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I like how Wood's book shares most of its members with Claremont's.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    If it's X-women, why would men be on the team? Marvel could make a majority female X-team but I wouldn't call it X-women unless it's only women
    X-Men#1 (vol4 c.2013) 'Primer' onwards was an all female Xmen team so nothing novel about this.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    I know, right?! Great idea, though! I would totally give them my support!

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! Great idea, though! I would totally give them my support!

I have seen this before but just noticed for the first time: isn't that really Meggan under the waterfall and not Alison? Alison had short hair during this time frame and not pointed ears. Glad to see editors were doing their jobs then.

But going back to the premise of this thread, yes an all-female team has existed before. The premise and cast was great, until Kitty and Rogue were stolen from the roster 4 issues in. Then it was decent but never had the same feel.