View Poll Results: Should the X-Women be assembled and should men be allowed on the team?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, but only women.

17 35.42%
  • Yes, but with men also on the team.

4 8.33%
  • No.

27 56.25%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Not hardly, I think its two for two. Anyway, out of the blue people who is to go? Beast, Mystique or Nightcrawler? Thats in general because Hank isn't on the counsel. Actually, I wouldn't mind NC being set free from the council. Only because he has done nothing due to lack of writer interest.
    Apocalypse is light blue. That's the third one. It depends on the artists, but he's either light blue or bluish grey.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    I half-way get the issue with using “man/men” as an umbrella term for humanity. I always assumed it was just short for “human”, though, and I never dug into which came first (“man” or “human”).

It seems trivial to worry about (the specific use of man/men as an umbrella term, that is), even though I sympathize and mostly understand the positions of people who take issue with gendered terms; I attribute it, similarly, to how I view the word “moist”. It sounds gross and it makes my skin crawl, but I can’t really stop people from using it in the various ways they always have.
    "Man" is a native English word. "Human" is a French (or Latin) borrowing that came later. Women didn't have the same status as men, so it's normal for "man" (in mamy languages) to be synonymous to "human." We even say Homo sapiens. "Homo" means "man" in Latin. Probably because women were seen as coming from a man in western creation stories.

I don't think they'll change X-Men the name because it's an IP that has always been lucrative and they'll never get rid of it despite debunked rumors from the past.

Ultimate Member

Plus, men were the ones running everything and didn't really want women getting too much power

no need for it imo xmen is inclusive as is a team of all females would still be xmen..........I mean I wouldn't hate the idea off hand but I see no need for it at all...on another note I do know it was almost the title of an X-Men video game that was never finished it involved Mr Sinister unleashing a virus that affected male mutants and the female members had to try to deal with him.
    Last edited by cam18; 10-16-2021 at 10:43 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by cam18 View Post
    no need for it imo xmen is inclusive as is a team of all females would still be xmen..........I mean I wouldn't hate the idea off hand but I see no need for it at all...on another note I do know it was almost the title of an X-Men video game that was never finished it involved Mr Sinister unleashing a virus that affected male mutants and the female members had to try to deal with him.
    Um, females?

BANNED

I know it is still a superhero book but I would love for an all comic xmen female book to feel more like a female hang out maybe like desperate housewives and sex and the city and let the action comic book part just been on the side.

um yeah..........?