Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Mystique to Dazzler what Kilgrave is to Jessica Jones?

So given Brian Bendis penned both stories I'm sure we all were waiting for Dazzler go deal with her PTSD. I mean Mystique did kidnap her and stick a needle in her for half a year. She pimped her out. Not to mention her history with Rogue and Mystiques attack on Dazzler and Lois London in the 80s.

Was there ever any real resolution to this? And will Cullen Bunn deal with this?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    So given Brian Bendis penned both stories I'm sure we all were waiting for Dazzler go deal with her PTSD. I mean Mystique did kidnap her and stick a needle in her for half a year. She pimped her out. Not to mention her history with Rogue and Mystiques attack on Dazzler and Lois London in the 80s.

Was there ever any real resolution to this? And will Cullen Bunn deal with this?
    Dazzler captured Mystique and handed her over to Shield in exchange for Shield removing the criminal records of all of people at the new Xavier school with the exception of Cyclops himself. Dazzler still has her shield job.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Dazzler captured Mystique and handed her over to Shield in exchange for Shield removing the criminal records of all of people at the new Xavier school with the exception of Cyclops himself. Dazzler still has her shield job.
    I forgot about that. It seemed like a lackluster punishment given she was locked in a room and chained to a bed and violated for half a year. Feel like it should have had a bloodier ending. Also just had a look at it...Emma and Scott were the exceptions.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 12-08-2015 at 06:33 AM.

*smh*

What a stupid story arc.

I can see the comparison but it was much worse written.

One would think that their would be a throw down no holds barred fight scene between Mystique and Dazzler. Apparently it was not to be. Given that it was the perfect setup. Then again I think their a editorial mandate that Mystique gets a free pass on any kind of retribution. While being allowed to do anything and everything in a comic. Don't get me wrong I'm a fan of the character but the way she gets is written is too predicatable and boring. Personally I think the only reason Dazzler was captured so that they could make the character look like the Ultimates version.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I can see the comparison but it was much worse written.
    Agreed.
    IF the horror of what Mystique did to Ali was further elaborated on, given an appropriate length of exploration on both sides, then I would argue that they would make for one of the X-Men's most scary nemesis--whatever the plural of that is. Arch enemies.

Because what she did was terrible. Truly messed up shiz, when you pay close enough attention to it, but it was so haphazardly stitched together over such a brief period of time. I also feel that if Bachalo and Anka hadn't been the primary artists for that particular arc, it may have had more gravitas. Like if Clay Mann had drawn it -- whoa. That would have felt DARK.

But yeah.
    Missed opportunity there, and it likely won't be readdressed unfortunately.

I'd think Carol Danvers would be a closer parallel. Mystique killed her boyfriend disguised as her, then lobotomized her via Rogue.

Then again, at this point, Mystique essentially only exists to be Marvel's answer to The Joker. Psychotic, manipulative, and kills everybody out of spite. They don't want her to be anything else because that doesn't sell.
    Last edited by Myetche; 12-08-2015 at 03:31 PM.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    But yeah.
    Missed opportunity there, and it likely won't be readdressed unfortunately.
    That's pretty much all there has to be said about this.

Though I would be interested if Bunn ever wanted to explore it, is Ali even allowed in the X-Books? I am thinking we'll see her as much here as we do Rogue nowadays.

Much worse for Jessica than Dazzler and much worse writing. This current Dazzler uniform has got to go. They should have just used her AoX.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    I'd think Carol Danvers would be a closer parallel. Mystique killed her boyfriend disguised as her, then lobotomized her via Rogue.

Then again, at this point, Mystique essentially only exists to be Marvel's answer to The Joker. Psychotic, manipulative, and kills everybody out of spite. They don't want her to be anything else because that doesn't sell.
    Mystique is horrible but she wasn't the one who sic'd Rogue of Carol. Rogue heard Irenes prophecy and decided to take her out by herself. Mystique and Irene were trying to keep Rogue away from Ms. Marvel because Irene predicted that Ms. Marvel will be the reason for the loss of Rogues soul.

Last edited by ExodusCloak; 12-08-2015 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    That's pretty much all there has to be said about this.

Though I would be interested if Bunn ever wanted to explore it, is Ali even allowed in the X-Books? I am thinking we'll see her as much here as we do Rogue nowadays.
    This Mystique mess could very well be the reason Ali ventures out and joins A-Force -- severing ties with the dysfunctional family that she perceives to have failed her.

Thinking more about A-Force's line up, it seems like a more successful Uncanny Avengers roster, you know?
    You've got mutant Dazzler, Avenger She Hulk, Inhuman Medusa, sorceress Nico, human/alien/hybrid Carol, and whatever the deuce that Singularity is.
    Last edited by Fokken; 12-09-2015 at 06:11 AM.

Considering what Mystique has made in recent years have difficulties to understand how Magneto, Psylocke or M can work with her even in the face of the difficult situation that mutants are.

Think in the case of Jessica and Killgrave was worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Considering what Mystique has made in recent years have difficulties to understand how Magneto, Psylocke or M can work with her even in the face of the difficult situation that mutants are.
    Keep your friends close and your enemies closer?
    Is Mystique immune/resistant to telepathy btw? Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    for the sake of fairness, it has been said that Mystique (And Fantomex) are not part of the team when the book begins, so unlike most unexplained nonsense in the 8 month gap, we might get actual reasons and development for it!