Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Which is true of all Black Label books which is why I find it baffling that so many are so upset over this. Black Label books are essentially What If? books. It doesn't mean a BL story can't graduate to continuity as Killing Joke and others have, but it does mean it's not in canon unless there's a really good, agreed-upon reason to make it so.
    "Adam Strange is a war criminal" is a What If story. "Adam Strange is colonialist" is a critique of the property that brands it as outdated, if not problematic. It seems to me DC has reason enough, especially when the trend is toward inclusive legacy characters.

Also, I'm skeptical they'd be like "nah. This Eisner-nominated series isn't relevant to anything". In continuity or not, they'll push it as essential Adam Strange.

What I would do personally is have Adam raising Aleea on Earth. Keep the table-setting of Strange Adventures, but subvert the character assassination. Subvert the subversion? Love the idea too of an Adam-Alanna role reversal.
    Last edited by I.Strange; 10-21-2021 at 01:28 AM.