Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post
    That's the plan, yes.

It'll take 6 volumes to collect everything up to the Vertigo issue 52.

Hopefully, there'll be more volumes after that, once we've produced enough new material to fill them up.

kdb
    Dear Mr Busiek

Will there be any plans to collect the Metrobooks into Deluxe oversized HC's? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ripclaw View Post
    Will there be any plans to collect the Metrobooks into Deluxe oversized HC's? Thanks.
    We're planning to do oversized shmancy hardcovers, but not of the MetroBooks.

kdb
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

kdb
    Thank you! Looking forward to it.

Has any of this been released yet? Going to need some stuff to read tomorrow after gardening.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Has any of this been released yet? Going to need some stuff to read tomorrow after gardening.
    the first Metrobook collection of Astro city is out, as is the Astro City Special. The first 2 or 3 issues of Arrowsmith are out as well.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    the first Metrobook collection of Astro city is out, as is the Astro City Special. The first 2 or 3 issues of Arrowsmith are out as well.

-M
    Thanks appreciate it. If I don't check it out tomorrow definitely will Thursday. Kind of excited.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

So, I got my copy of the Metrobook the other day. I figured I would read one issue a night before I go to sleep. I forgot how much I LOVED this series. I know it’s over twenty five years late, but kudos to the entire creative team!

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    So, I got my copy of the Metrobook the other day. I figured I would read one issue a night before I go to sleep. I forgot how much I LOVED this series. I know it’s over twenty five years late, but kudos to the entire creative team!
    Glad you're liking it!

kdb
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

Arrowsmith is just so damn good. Some of the best world building I have seen in a long time. And outstanding art and story to boot.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Picked up a copy. Read the whole thing in a day. Felt so wonderfully lived in, like the characters had existed for years and this was just a revamp kind of project that worked out really well.

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    Picked up a copy. Read the whole thing in a day. Felt so wonderfully lived in, like the characters had existed for years and this was just a revamp kind of project that worked out really well.
    That is what make Astro City so special to comic book fans. We know the tropes and Kurt gives us just enough to fill in the blanks while writing compelling characters and stories.
    The latest issue is an example. spoilers:
    We know the teen group didn't die, we know there is some interdimensional voodoo going on. So he doesn't keep the mystery from us, but gives us enough while making it about the characters.
    end of spoilers
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I just re-read “Everyday Life” from the Astro City Metrobook. I am excited to reread the whole series and catch up on the new books. I think Astro City belongs on the shelf next to Alan Moore’s Swamp Thing or Neil Gaimans Sandman. Since it’s still ongoing, maybe it’s more like Love and Rockets or Stray Bullets. Anyhow, a must read series.

Arrowsmith #5, another stellar issue. It is too bad much of fandom can't get past the infinite Batman titles to discover a first rate comic like this. It shows what the medium can do outside of superheroes.

Extraordinary Member

I hope you can get the reproduction issue with the first Metrobook fixed when these issues appear in hardcover. It's great to have the issues in one book and with the covers coming before the story instead of after, but they could look better and I'll happily get a hardcover version if they do.

One of my favorite stories was Astro City #1/2.

spoilers:
    Which was about a normal man who is having dreams of a beautiful woman that he's never met and a hero like the Hanged Man (I think that was the name of a character he's a Spectre/Phantom Stranger style hero) who tells him that the events of a Crisis on Infinite Earths style mega event has caused the heroes to reset the universe and the woman he's been dreaming of was his wife but because of the events of the cosmic/time war her parents never met and now she never existed and for various reasons the hero has to erase his memories of her because it could drive him insane or screw up the universe again. The man refuses because those dreams are all that remain of his wife and if he acts crazy or this becomes a threat the hero can then remove the memories and the hero agrees and leaves and the man now has pleasant dreams of a wife that no longer exists.
    end of spoilers

It reminded me of The Twilight Zone and I love the bittersweet ending and how it showed the aftermath of a cosmic event on normal human level.
    Last edited by Cyberstrike; 06-08-2022 at 09:37 AM.