Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That 90s show

Default That 90s show

Yup a that 70s show spin-off in the 90s.

https://deadline.com/2021/10/that-70...ix-1234852870/

They tried this before with That 80's Show and it bombed bad. But that show didnt have Red so this may work
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

It is kinda funny that there's now as much distance from the airing of that 70s show as there was between the airing of the show and when it was set.

Entertainment Weekly had a dark reminder.

It's unclear if other actors from the original cast will reprise their roles opposite Smith and Jo Rupp. It's fair to say Masterson won't be since he was previously fired from The Ranch by Netflix in light of sexual assault allegations.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

so who is legally available and interested from the old show to come back, besides Red and Kitty?

I would say most of the cast. I dont remember hearing about legal trouble from anyone else. As far as interested I am not sure who is on board or wants to be.

At the end of the day I am kind of sick of these classic shows coming back years later. It is lazy and they are hoping to cash in on the Nostalgia craze and these shows are not really any good when they come back. Has one of them even lasted long other then The Connors?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so who is legally available and interested from the old show to come back, besides Red and Kitty?
    I think only Danny Masterson has had issues legally. But OMG, I never realized Fez was on NCIS.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    I think only Danny Masterson has had issues legally. But OMG, I never realized Fez was on NCIS.
    He's been on the show for four seasons I believe.

I don't see Ashton Kutcher coming back, which likely rules out Mila Kunis too.

And I don't see Topher Grace and Laura Prepon coming back unless it is a small cameo at the end of the season when they come to pick up their daughter at the end of summer.

Let's face it, they are all working actors...they are busy. Valderama and Grace are regulars on other shows and the others seem to pop up often enough in stuff that trying to get them on would be a triumph of logistical series making.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

"Nostalgia is a hot commodity these days". Has it ever not been, over the past 45 years or so? Grease, Happy Days, etc?
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Ultimate Member

What's worst is when an old show is brought back and does so much better than everything else on tv, even if its only for a short time, to show how bad most of tv is now...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post

At the end of the day I am kind of sick of these classic shows coming back years later. It is lazy and they are hoping to cash in on the Nostalgia craze and these shows are not really any good when they come back. Has one of them even lasted long other then The Connors?
    It's called using what you have OWNERSHIP over. Instead of paying for something new.

What will last at least 4 years

Law & Order & CSI Returns or some new show?

Networks know what they get with CSI & Law & Order.

So far Saved by the Bell on Peacock Network is at year 2. Gossip Girl is at season 2. 90210's return went 5.

Now Degrassi The Next Generation outlasted the original 14 years.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    He's been on the show for four seasons I believe.

I don't see Ashton Kutcher coming back, which likely rules out Mila Kunis too.

And I don't see Topher Grace and Laura Prepon coming back unless it is a small cameo at the end of the season when they come to pick up their daughter at the end of summer.

Let's face it, they are all working actors...they are busy. Valderama and Grace are regulars on other shows and the others seem to pop up often enough in stuff that trying to get them on would be a triumph of logistical series making.
    I could see Kutcher showing up. Both Smith and Rupp appeared many times on his Netflix series The Ranch so I could see him returning the favor. With the main character being Eric and Donna's daughter at least one of them has to show up i would assume. With Valderrama I would think it will all depend on how busy he is over at NCIS.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It's called using what you have OWNERSHIP over. Instead of paying for something new.

What will last at least 4 years

Law & Order & CSI Returns or some new show?

Networks know what they get with CSI & Law & Order.

So far Saved by the Bell on Peacock Network is at year 2. Gossip Girl is at season 2. 90210's return went 5.

Now Degrassi The Next Generation outlasted the original 14 years.
    Call me schooled

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    They tried this before with That 80's Show and it bombed bad. But that show didnt have Red so this may work
    That 80's Show was 8-10 years too early. 70's Show was only a couple years old, too.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    That 80's Show was 8-10 years too early. 70's Show was only a couple years old, too.
    Also I remember the Star Wars Special Editions had just been released to theaters bringing a wave of 70's nostalgia which I think is why That 70's Show worked, nostalgia for the 1980's hadn't quite peaked yet.

The 90s isn't that interesting enough of a decade to make fun of.

Outside of Video Game consoles, Power Rangers, AOL Chat Rooms, and Tarantino Films, the 90s were pretty boring.

Ask any millennial, **** didn't pop off until the 2000s.