Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Just pointing the obvious but collected editions going OOP with consequential price increases is driven by us, the collectors - the fact that we all know this happens drives our behavior and reinforces this reality. "Fear of Missing Out" is definitely a thing.
    Last edited by hyped78; 10-13-2021 at 02:18 PM.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    Just pointing the obvious but collected editions going OOP with consequential prices increases is driven by us, the collectors - the fact that we all know this happens drives our behavior and reinforces this reality. "Fear of Missing Out" is definitely a thing.
    Oh, absolutely. It's why I pre-order the sh!t out of everything, even if I'm on the fence about it.

I'd rather get a book for 40-50% off and and then feel indifferent about it, than pass it up and realize I needed (wanted) it after all - but now it's $1,247 on Amazon marketplace .
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

All-New Member

I'm planning to buy Outcast Compendium by Kirkman once it releases later this year ... I have a few other omnibuses in my wishlist too like Saga Compendium One ... and Gideon Falls Deluxe Edition Book One.
    I've heard people saying good things about Saga.
    Anyway since they're all available for purchase this year, i don't think i can afford to buy all three of them at once. I can only grab one for now. So which one of these would you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Drag0n View Post
    I'm planning to buy Outcast Compendium by Kirkman once it releases later this year ... I have a few other omnibuses in my wishlist too like Saga Compendium One ... and Gideon Falls Deluxe Edition Book One.
    I've heard people saying good things about Saga.
    Anyway since they're all available for purchase this year, i don't think i can afford to buy all three of them at once. I can only grab one for now. So which one of these would you recommend?
    If you want a one-and-done book, I'd go with Outcast. Saga is a slightly bigger commitment, as it is only halfway done, reportedly running until #108 once it returns next year. But they're two different animals; one's supernatural/horror, the other sci-fi/fantasy. Go with whichever you're in the mood for currently, because you can't really go wrong with either.

I've never read Gideon Falls, but it's also on my wish list.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Just pointing the obvious but collected editions going OOP with consequential price increases is driven by us, the collectors - the fact that we all know this happens drives our behavior and reinforces this reality. "Fear of Missing Out" is definitely a thing.
    Indeed, FOMO is a big part of why my collection is around 80-90 % of unread material.

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    Indeed, FOMO is a big part of why my collection is around 80-90 % of unread material.
    Same here haha, let’s form a club!

Same here haha, let’s form a club!
    If you're posting in this forum, you're already an official club member!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

True haha, guilty as charged! Now please excuse me while I buy more collected editions that I won't get around to reading this year