Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Default Favorite Hero To Team Up With Superman (Aside From Batman or Wonder Woman)

Who is your favorite hero, who isn't Batman, Wonder Woman, or anyone in the Superfamily, to be paired up with Superman?
    Last edited by Timothy Hunter; 10-09-2021 at 08:53 PM.

Probably Dick Grayson. Bruce is one of his best friends, but Clark actually has more in common with his son, who grew up before his eyes as well, so their dynamic usually just fun and sweet.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Definitely, my choice would be the SHAZAM!/Marvel Family (XD)

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

supermannightwing.jpg

this guy...

Outside of the Superfamily it’s this guy.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

"People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

My favorite was for sure in his Dc Presents team up run they did years ago. And it is the one guy who as a kids I thought was cooler then Superman

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by babyblob; 10-09-2021 at 07:50 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Dick Grayson
    - He welcomes Clark's Help and at the end of a Team-Up he said something along the lines of, "Bruce told me Superman can't be fully trusted because he's an alien, but Clark is the best 'human being' I met."

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Who is your hero, who isn't Batman, Wonder Woman, or anyone in the Superfamily, to be paired up with Superman?
    I enjoyed seeing Supes interact with younger heroes who look up to him. I liked seeing him work with Starman, Firestorm, and the extended families of other Trinity members. I also liked seeing him work grudgingly with his foes as during the lead up to Our Worlds At War. Lastly I always enjoy seeing him interact with the Fourth World characters

Hopefully, this counts. But definitely, my choice would be...

The Avengers

Retired

On balance, I'd have to say Batgirl. There was a nice chemistry between Barbara Gordon and Clark Kent.

Incredible Member

I'd say Dick Grayson. From the earliest days in World's Finest there has always
    been a special vibe to the relationship with Superman. Superman has been a
    profound influence on the development of Grayson as a hero. I used to really
    love the DC Comics Present series.

I think that the Barry Allen Flash works well with Superman, they always had this
    midwestern vibe to them.

Superman and the LSH works well together. Superboy was a member for years, it
    was always interesting when he was an adult.

I enjoyed the teamups where Clark is teaming up with his younger self or even with
    Clark Kent. It is always different, but made you think.

The Hawks always worked well with Supes.

Finally, Superman's best partner: Lois Lane. Always interesting when Lois is allowed
    to do things out in the field, other than to be saved by him. It always comes as a shock
    to Superman to see her take someone out, to be reminded of how capable she is.
    Last edited by RobinGA; 10-10-2021 at 10:58 AM.

Astonishing Member

Teaming Superman with another super-powered hero is essentially redundant, and teaming him with a hero who has no special powers is superfluous. In both cases, the only thing that the other hero adds to the team is invulnerability to Kryptonite, and Clark could just a robot to handle that. Superman should instead be teamed with a magical hero like Doctor Fate or Zatanna, so that between the two of them they could combat whatever is thrown at them.

Dick Grayson. Easily one of the best dynamics Clark has outside of the "S" family.

I also like Clark and Guy Gardner; Guy is one of the few heroes out there who doesn't go full fanboy when Superman is around and I appreciate that Guy will call Clark out on his BS; not very many people do. It also highlights Guy's own insecurities in a way that isn't too insulting to the character; nobody measures up to Superman so Guy's flaws can be on display without making him look like a *complete* d-bag.

I'm also a fan of this newer dynamic between Clark and Hal, where Hal wants to be buddies and Clark's not really feeling it. It pokes fun at both of them and, I think, feels authentic. Hal's a nice guy but is a little too....loud....for Clark, and Clark blowing Hal off is a rare instance of DC letting Clark's character flaws and quirks show without turning it into a huge problem.

Big fan of Clark and J'onn as well, and Clark and Icon. These guys understand each other in ways nobody else really does and I always feel like there's so much....weight....in their interactions.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.